Closing price: $6582.4013 Powered by Coindesk
- EOS Takes a Vow, Malta at the UN, and an $8 Billion Valuation: This Week in Crypto
Make sure you check out our previous edition here, now let’s go over what happened in crypto this week. Also, make sure you subscribe for this week’s edition of The CCN Podcast on iTunes, TuneIn, Stitcher, Google Play Music, Spotify, Soundcloud, YouTube or wherever you get your podcasts. Also make sure you check out our interview with Caitlin Long. Price Watch: Bitcoin is down 1.11% this week following a
- Bitcoin Price Close to Bottom, Will See $10000 this Year: Hedge Fund Mgr.
- The cryptocurrency market capitalization has dropped by $575 billion since its all-time high, and the bitcoin price has dropped by two-thirds since it ...
- Ripple Drops 8% as Volume Drops 50% in 1 Week, Bitcoin Remains Bearish
On October 6, CCN reported that the volume of Ripple has declined by more than 50 percent within the past four days. Since then, XRP has declined by around eight percent against the US dollar. The volume of Bitcoin has slightly recovered to $2 billion on CoinCap.io and $3.3 billion on Coinmarketcap, but the dominant
- UK's oldest bitcoin exchange slashes jobs
- The UK's oldest bitcoin exchange is to cut the majority of its staff in a surprise setback for the City's fintech industry. Coinfloor, the exchange backed by ...
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Now Accepted By Hipster Brewery Brewdog - Bitcoin Cash News. Sunday ...
- For the first time, patrons of this hipster brewery will be able to pay with cryptocurrencies – specifically, with Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH).
- Bittrex to Delist Bitshares, Bitcoin Gold, and Bitcoin Private
- Bittrex announced the removal of Bitshares, Bitcoin Gold, and Bitcoin Private wallets from its exchange. None of these coins currently have markets on ...
- Android-Powered Bitcoin Full Nodes Arrive Sooner, ABCore Alpha Pre-Released on GitHub
- An Alpha Proof Of Concept v0.68 for the long-awaited Android Bitcoin Core (ABCore) was pre-released on Oct. 2, 2018. The project was initially ...
- Is There Actually a Lofty of Demand for Bitcoin & Other Cryptos?
- Bitcoin (BTC), the number one crypto, has for the last two weeks been frozen up to a movement that an expert analyst says is due to a "chronic lack of ...
- 10 Bitcoin Basics Every Crypto Investor Should Know
- Investors are fickle, often turning to whatever fad investment offers the most immediate chance to get rich quick. Bitcoin drew in hordes of investors in ...
- World Trade Organization Says Ripple Could Transform Global Commerce, Highlights Bitcoin ...
- The report also covers Bitcoin and Ethereum, noting that the platforms are pioneers in the emerging tech that's highly resilient to cyber attacks, and ...
- Trade Recommendation: Bitcoin Cash/Ethereum
- The Bitcoin Cash/Ethereum pair (BCH/ETH) breached resistance of 2.20 on September 26, 2018. This triggered the breakout from the large ...
- “Negative Interest” Is the Latest Government Scheme to Deter Saving
- One of the factors behind Bitcoin's rise is a collective weariness with debased national currencies from a populace given little incentive to accrue them.
- Bitcoin Price Intraday Analysis: BTC/USD Undergoes False Breakout
- Bitcoin spent its Sunday reclaiming its support near $6,500 after witnessing a false breakout action yesterday. The BTC/USD, in reality, is stable like it ...
- Charlie Lee and Roger Ver Debate About Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
- Charlie Lee and Roger Ver have been talking about Bitcoin and the Lightning Network (LN) during a debate organized by Bitcoin.com. During the ...
- Review: Coinkite Coldcard Bitcoin and Litecoin Hardware Wallet
- The biggest challenge to mass acceptance of cryptocurrencies, before mass adoption will ever be possible, is in making them easy to both secure and ...
- Bitcoin Basher “Dr. Doom” to Debate at Senate's Crypto and Blockchain Hearing October 11
- A full committee hearing entitled “Exploring the Cryptocurrency and blockchain Ecosystem” is set to be held by the U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, ...
- U.S. Senate Candidate Signs Clemency Petition For Ross Ulbricht
Silk Road founder Ross Ulbricht is currently serving a double life sentence plus 40 years for his role in operating the infamous Silk Road website. Ulbricht is not eligible for parole. He is currently imprisoned at the high-security United States Penitentiary, Florence High, in Colorado. In August, Maine State Senator and current U.S. Senate Candidate
- Robinhood Crypto Expands to Three More States
- Then in July, bitcoin cash (BCH), litecoin (LTC), and dogecoin (DOGE) were added. In August, the platform announced support for ethereum classic ...
- Pantera's Digital Asset Fund Down by 72%, More Than Bitcoin In 2018
- The digital asset fund of Pantera Capital has dropped massively since the start of the year, performing even below Bitcoin. The compound annual ...
- Blockchain Use in the Life Science Organizations has Tripled Since 2017: Survey
Blockchain adoption in the life sciences has risen exponentially in the last one year despite the existence of significant barriers. According to The Pistoia Alliance, a global nonprofit of life science firms, 60% of the professionals in the pharmaceutical and life science sector are either currently using blockchain technology or at least experimenting with it.
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple Price Analysis for the week October 01 to October 07
- WSJ report Bots Are Manipulating Bitcoin. South Korea's Chief Policy Maker Favours ICOs Legalisation. This week, TD Ameritrade Holding Corp.
- No hard forks needed – revolutionary new concept for bitcoin introduced by Blockstream
- The “Scaling Bitcoin” conference took place in Tokyo on Friday. Mark Friedenbach from Blockstream presented a groundbreaking concept for Bitcoin.
- Charlie Lee to Roger Ver: It's Hypocrite to be Offended by the Term “Bcash” While Using the Term ...
- While debating with Roger Ver, the creator of Litecoin, Charlie Lee had the opportunity to touch on the “rivalry” between the Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Volatility Sees New 17 Month Record Lows Signaling Crypto Market Maturity
- Bitcoin's volatility has reached new 17-month lows. This can be explained by different factors such as slow news cycle and low trading volume.
- BrikBit Builds a New Era for Real Estate Businesses with Blockchain
This is a paid-for submitted press release. CCN does not endorse, nor is responsible for any material included below and isn’t responsible for any damages or losses connected with any products or services mentioned in the press release. CCN urges readers to conduct their own research with due diligence into the company, product or service mentioned
- Profile of the Average American Bitcoin Investor
- The average Bitcoin investor is young, well-off, male and lives predominantly in large urban cities reveals a new survey.
- Bitcoin – Low Volatility May Be Bad for Traders, But the SEC Might Like It
- Bitcoin slipped by 0.67% on Saturday, reversing most of Friday's 0.74% gain, to end the day at $6,595.1. The reversal took Bitcoin into negative ...
- Is the Bitcoin price worth less than $10?
- The price of Bitcoin has been on a rocky ride over the past 12 months. After surging to nearly $20,000 at the end of last year, the value of the ...
- “Bitcoin is too close to a sudden fall”
- Blockchain Capital Expert: “Bitcoin is too close to a sudden fall”. Bitcoin price analysis is available on Sunday, October 7. The crypto money sector is ...
- WhatsApp Bitcoin Trading Is Exploding Due To African Crypto Exchange Issues
- A cryptocurrency user and worker, Jack (according to Bitcoin.com this is not his real name), decided to quit his job in Harare. He was working in a ...
- Sidechains Are Bringing ICOs to Bitcoin And That Might Change Crypto Funding
- By the end of the year, an initial coin offering will be launched on bitcoin. thanks to sidechains tech.
- Hacked Bitcoin Exchange Zaif Discontinues New Registrations
Tech Bureau Inc., the owner of Zaif exchange, decided to suspend new account registrations at their trading platform temporarily. The decision came on September 28, 14 days after a hacking incident took place at Zaif and caused the crypto exchange more than $60 million worth of damages. Tech Bureau said in its press statement that
- Hackers Sell Stolen Facebook Accounts On The Dark Web For Bitcoin (BTC And BCH)
- Presently, a majority of these transactions involve either Bitcoin Core or Bitcoin Cash. This rather surprising, given that these two coins lack true ...
- Mike Novogratz Downgrades Bitcoin Price Prediction, Says it Won't Break $9000 in 2018
- Novogratz' latest call contradicts a number of very bullish forecasts he has made in the past, including a prediction last fall that Bitcoin could sail past ...
- Bitcoin, Altcoin Prices Shun Volatility Amid Multi-Year Trade Volume Lows
- At press time, Bitcoin is trading at around $6,545, slightly up on its position during the first week of September, while seeing volatility topping $1,500 in ...
- Bitcoin's Low Volatility Might Mean Price Manipulation Is Waning
- Since its inception, Bitcoin has exhibited a highly volatile nature. However, during the past few days, Bitcoin's price volatility has fallen to the lowest ...
- Bitcoin Has Virtually Run Out of Upside Momentum, Could Soon Head South: Oct. 7
- Bitcoin has a possibility of a bearish breakout of the symmetrical triangle on the daily chart. Ripple and Ethereum may also be bearish. The weekend ...
- Bitcoin Price Watch: Currency Still Unwavering, No Direction Set
- At press time, the price of bitcoin is still refusing to budge, and remains solidly in the $6,500 range. The currency continues to move in a sideways ...
- Recent Bitcoin Developments Hint the Bear Market Could Soon Be Over
- Between the price of Bitcoin making higher lows and the countless fundamental improvements to Bitcoin, some believe the bear market could be over.
- Bitcoin Price Weekly Analysis: BTC/USD Buyers Losing Momentum Above $6600
- Bitcoin price is trading with a positive bias above $6,400 against the US Dollar. BTC/USD must break the $6,650 resistance to gain upside momentum.
- Blockchain Startup Inks Sponsorship Deal with British Masters Tournament
A blockchain startup is going to be an official sponsor for a professional golf tournament in the United Kingdom. LIFElabs, a philanthropy-based crypto company, has entered into a sponsorship deal with the Sky Sports British Masters tournament, which is scheduled to begin next week. The partnership would mark LIFElabs as the first digital currency firm
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple start the week in the red
- It was a rather subdued weekend of trade for the crypto market with small declines being seen across the board. This has left the entire value of the ...
- Litecoin Creator Charlie Lee: Bitcoin With Lightning Network Is Satoshi's Vision
- In a series of tweets, Litecoin creator Charlie Lee explains why he believes Bitcoin, together with the Lightning Network (LN), represents the original ...
- Segwit is Gaining Popularity due to Rapid Processing of Bitcoin Transactions
- Over half of all bitcoin transactions are performed today via an advanced-technology network called Segregated Witness (Segwit). Recent research ...
- 'Rehypothecation': More about the Wall Street Practice that Could Ruin Bitcoin
- Note: This is part 4 in a multi-part article series exploring rehypothecation and commingling in bitcoin and other cryptocurrency markets. Part 1 and ...
- Bittrex Exchange to Remove BitShares, Bitcoin Gold And Bitcoin Private Coins
- Bitcoin Gold's removal from Bittrex has been pretty surprising considering that the project has been generating quite a few headlines recently.
- Major Crypto Exchange Bitfinex Obtains Banking Partner in HSBC, Will it Last?
On Oct. 6, Larry Cermak, former editor at Diar and head analyst at The Block, reported that leading crypto exchange Bitfinex obtained a banking partner in HSBC, a $133 billion banking giant based in London. “Bitfinex is now banking with HSBC through a private account of Global Trading Solutions. Very good fit if you ask
- “Bitcoin [BTC] with Lightning Network more closely fits Satoshi's vision” says Litecoin [LTC]'s ...
- On 6th October, Charlie Lee elucidated on the difference between the on-chain Bitcoin [BTC] and Litecoin [LTC] payments in a series of tweets.
- Bitcoin's Block Size Can Be Increased Without Creating A New Coin
- Mark Friedenbach, the co-founder of Blockstream, put forward a proposal explaining that the Bitcoin network can increase its block size without a hard ...
- 10 Best Secure Bitcoin Wallets All Cryptocurrency Investors Should Buy And Use
- Bitcoin Armory has gained a reputation of being an extremely secure wallet. The wallet only supports bitcoin and it has never been hacked. The wallet ...
- US Indicts Seven Russian Agents Who Used Bitcoin To Fund Illegal Covert Operations
- A U.S. grand jury has filed charges against seven alleged Russian intelligence agents who used Bitcoin to operate illegal cyber activities.
- Bitfinex Strongly Refutes Insolvency Claims
- They contain almost $1 billion of bitcoin core, $400 million of ether and $200 million of EOS. Since the bulk of these assets are presumably customer ...
- Binance’s Astronomical Success is Motivated By Adversities Faced in China
The regulatory clampdown on cryptocurrency exchanges in China has been noted as a key factor in the sensational growth of Binance in 2018. Launched in the middle of 2017, the rate of growth that Binance has experienced, both in terms of trading volume and capitalization has attracted a lot of attention within the cryptocurrency environment.
- Venezuela Demands Citizens Pay for Passports With Petro
- Venezuelan authorities have found another way to impose the adoption of the state-issued cryptocurrency, the petro. Citizens will soon have to pay ...
544821 at 23:38
544820 at 23:16
544819 at 23:08
544818 at 22:38
544817 at 22:26
544816 at 22:09
544815 at 21:43
544814 at 21:34
544813 at 21:29
544812 at 21:24
544811 at 21:10
544810 at 20:47
544809 at 20:33
544808 at 20:28
544807 at 19:30
544806 at 18:44
544805 at 18:20
544804 at 18:16
544803 at 18:11
544802 at 17:57
544801 at 17:56
544800 at 17:55
544799 at 17:48
544798 at 17:41
544797 at 17:32
544796 at 17:31
544795 at 17:23
544794 at 17:16
544793 at 17:10
544792 at 17:05
544791 at 16:52
544790 at 16:52
544789 at 16:34
544788 at 16:09
544787 at 16:07
544786 at 15:44
544785 at 15:17
544784 at 15:06
544783 at 14:55
544782 at 14:42
544781 at 14:34
544780 at 14:25
544779 at 14:18
544778 at 14:17
544777 at 14:13
544776 at 14:03
544775 at 13:49
544774 at 13:48
544773 at 13:43
544772 at 13:42
544771 at 13:30
544770 at 13:23
544769 at 13:02
544768 at 12:48
544767 at 12:25
544766 at 12:24
544765 at 12:12
544764 at 12:06
544763 at 12:03
544762 at 11:53
544761 at 11:46
544760 at 11:42
544759 at 11:43
544758 at 11:37
544757 at 11:33
544756 at 11:14
544755 at 11:07
544754 at 11:03
544753 at 10:54
544752 at 10:47
544751 at 10:29
544750 at 10:22
544749 at 10:07
544748 at 10:05
544747 at 09:52
544746 at 09:52
544745 at 09:40
544744 at 09:30
544743 at 09:07
544742 at 09:02
544741 at 09:01
544740 at 08:58
544739 at 08:57
544738 at 08:54
544737 at 08:50
544736 at 08:48
544735 at 08:40
544734 at 08:26
544733 at 08:25
544732 at 08:13
544731 at 08:08
544730 at 08:09
544729 at 07:50
544728 at 07:45
544727 at 07:36
544726 at 06:54
544725 at 06:50
544724 at 06:37
544723 at 06:15
544722 at 06:08
544721 at 06:02
544720 at 06:00
544719 at 05:39
544718 at 05:34
544717 at 05:28
544716 at 05:28
544715 at 05:20
544714 at 05:10
544713 at 04:54
544712 at 04:47
544711 at 04:43
544710 at 04:34
544709 at 04:32
544708 at 04:31
544707 at 04:20
544706 at 03:52
544705 at 03:34
544704 at 03:13
544703 at 03:12
544702 at 03:01
544701 at 02:58
544700 at 02:55
544699 at 02:51
544698 at 02:50
544697 at 02:42
544696 at 02:38
544695 at 02:12
544694 at 02:02
544693 at 01:54
544692 at 01:46
544691 at 01:38
544690 at 01:29
544689 at 01:16
544688 at 01:13
544687 at 00:50
544686 at 00:29
544685 at 00:29
544684 at 00:27
544683 at 00:21
544682 at 00:17
544681 at 00:16
544680 at 00:07