Closing price: $6358.4 Powered by Coindesk
- How bitcoin has failed to achieve Satoshi Nakamoto's original intent, in one chart
- Bitcoin was created as an alternative payment system, one that operated anonymously and peer-to-peer, eliminating the so-called trusted third party.
- Recode Daily: Bitcoin turns 10, Apple's first $100 billion quarter?
- Bitcoin was born 10 years ago, when a person or group using the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto released a nine-page white paper describing a ...
- Stablecoin Wars: Coinbase Token Attracts Capital But PAX Dominates Trading
It’s now been nearly two months since Winklevoss-led cryptocurrency exchange Gemini fired the first shot in the stablecoin wars through the launch of its USD-pegged crypto token, the eponymous Gemini Dollar. That same day, Paxos — like Gemini an NYDFS-regulated firm — made a similar announcement, and before long, crypto unicorns Circle and Coinbase revealed
- Bitcoin's average trading range has narrowed nearly 90%, says analyst
- In Thursday trading, one bitcoin BTCUSD, -0.01% was fetching $6,331.63, up 0.2% since Wednesday 5 p.m. Eastern Time on the Kraken crypto ...
- Korean Crypto Giant Bithumb Makes U.S. Foray with Security Token Exchange Deal
Cryptocurrency exchanges continue to demonstrate resilience despite this year’s downturn in trading volume and prices. Most recently, Bithumb, which is South Korea’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange, is making an expansion push, having partnered with seriesOne, a Miami, Florida-based crypto and ICO fundraising portal, to launch an exchange for regulated security tokens in the U.S. The companies
- The Bitcoin Gamble
- Last year, Didi Taihuttu sold almost everything he owned, poured it into bitcoin and moved his family into a trailer park. In this episode of Moving ...
- As Bitcoin (BTC) Turns Ten, Here's a Brief Throwback
- Ten years ago on Oct. 31, pioneer cryptocurrency Bitcoin was introduced to the world after pseudonymous creator Satoshi Nakamoto sent its ...
- Bitcoin Price May Break Three-Month Losing Streak in November
- Bitcoin ended October on a weak note, confirming its first three-month losing streak since 2015, but things may be looking up for November.
- EOS Rises 5% as Tokens Record Big Gains, Crypto Market Adds $2 Billion
Tokens and several major cryptocurrencies such as EOS have demonstrated strong short-term momentum over the last 24 hours, pushing the valuation of the crypto market to $206 billion. The volume of Bitcoin, which declined to the mid-$3 billion region, recovered to $4.2 billion, showing a clear increase in trading activity across major cryptocurrency exchanges. Affected
- 10 years on, Bitcoin now has no relevance to payments
- CAPE TOWN – Ten years to the day from Bitcoin's creation by the pseudonymous Satoshi Nakamoto, the purpose of the cryptocurrency's current role ...
- Happy belated birthday, bitcoin. You're still too young for most investors.
- Bitcoin turned 10 this week. Despite having reached this maturity milestone, it's still too new an investment for the average investor. Bitcoin is an ...
- Bitcoin: There is No Better Trading Game in Town
- However, for investors buying Bitcoin (BTC) after 2017, there has been hell to pay. First a Quiz: Bitcoin, $US or Gold? If you had to lock up your assets ...
- Bitcoin Price to Benefit Most From Institutional Investing
- Bitcoin (BTC), Cryptocurrency–A week ago JPMorgan analysts released a report that claimed the U.S. had a 60 percent chance of undergoing ...
- BitMart Lists Goldman Sachs-Backed Stablecoin USD Coin (USDC)
- Morgan Stanley: Bitcoin (BTC) and Cryptocurrencies are Now an Institutional Asset Class
- Morgan Stanley, through its research division, have released a new 50 page report updating on the status of Bitcoin (BTC), Cryptocurrencies and ...
- Bithumb, SeriesOne to Launch Security Token Exchange in the US
- Crypto exchange Bithumb has teamed up with crowdfunding platform seriesOne to launch a compliant security token exchange in the U.S.
- Janet Yellen Throws Shade As Bitcoin Turns 10 Years Old
- “I am not a fan of bitcoin, let me tell you why,” Yellen told an audience during a live panel at the 2018 Canada FinTech Forum in Montreal on Monday.
- Bitcoin Value Indicator - November 2018
- Meanwhile, Bitcoin's network fundamentals look better and better each month. The Bitcoin network hash rate was the laggard of the group, but that's to ...
- Is Initiative Q The New Bitcoin?
- Initiative Q is not, in any way, a cryptocurrency. But it might just be the new Bitcoin. In just four months, the 'payment system of the future' has built a ...
- Bitcoin SolidX ETF awaits SEC approval
- Dimon has been a staunch critic of the cryptocurrency once calling bitcoin a fraud which he later told FOX Business' Maria Bartiromo that he regretted ...
- Tether Produces Letter Vouching for Dollar Deposits, But Bank Hedges
- Deltec Bank & Trust Limited said its letter confirming Tether's dollar balances as of Oct. 31 was provided "without liability" to the institution.
- Sia Completes Hard Fork as Bricked Miners Form Rival Blockchain
- Innosilicon's mining equipment no longer works on Sia following a planned algorithm change. But not everyone went along with the fork.
- New York Grants First BitLicense to Bitcoin ATM Company
- Bitcoin ATM operator, Coinsource, recently received approval for a digital currency license from the New York Regulator.
- Six big things: A happy birthday for bitcoin
- A year and a half later, in 2010, a user on the Bitcointalk forum paid 10,000 bitcoins (current value: about $63 million) for two large pizzas. The price of ...
- Birthday blues for bitcoin as investors face year-on-year loss
- LONDON • Bitcoin was heading towards a year-on-year loss on Wednesday, its 10th birthday, the first loss since last year's bull market, when the ...
- Bitcoin's White Paper Is Not a Bible – Stop Worshipping It
- Software evolves, read-only text documents do not.
- Binance Freezes WEX Accounts Caught Moving Possibly Stolen Funds
Intrigue abounds around the allegedly Singapore-based WEX exchange, whose ownership and activities have both been called into question in recent months. Particularly of interest was the exchange listing a much higher market price for BTC and weirdly overcharging for USDT. CCN previously gave our readers an overly interesting report on the exchange in which writer
- Crypto Analyst Ran NeuNer Retracts His Claim That Bitcoin Will Hit $50K in 2018
- Ran NeuNer, the host of CNBC's CryptoTrader show, has rescinded his earlier prediction that Bitcoin (BTC) will reach $50,000 by the end of 2018, in a ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis Nov.2: Testing resistance for a possible move up
- On our previous analysis, we expected a Bitcoin move. Not long afterwards, Bitcoin broke the tight range it was traded at over the two weeks between ...
- Hong Kong's Securities Watchdog to Regulate Crypto Funds
- Hong Kong's Securities and Futures Commission says it will bring crypto funds under its securities regulations to improve investor protection.
- Bitcoin ATM provider gets first stamp of approval from New York authority
- Fort Worth, Texas-based bitcoin ATM provider Coinsource has received its BitLicense from the New York State Department of Financial Services ...
- Binance Signs Up 40,000 Crypto Traders in Its First Week in Uganda
- Unlike its parent company, Binance Uganda handles fiat currency (in partnership with a local mobile payment provider) and requires full customer ID.
- Satoshi Nakamoto's Visionary Bitcoin Whitepaper Turns 10!
- The release of the Bitcoin whitepaper is seen as one of the most groundbreaking technological innovations in recent times. It has left such a significant ...
- Morgan Stanley Report Says Crypto Now An Institutional Asset Class
- Cryptocurrencies are now a new institutional investment class, rather than a fully developed electronic cash, a Morgan Stanley report says.
- ETH/BTC Price Analysis: Ethereum Price Approaching Significant Break Vs Bitcoin.
- Ethereum price is consolidating below the 0.0316BTC resistance against bitcoin. ETH/BTC is likely to make the next big move either above ...
- Morgan Stanley Publishes ‘Rapidly Morphing Thesis’ on Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain
- In a new 65-page report dated October 31, Morgan Stanley maps out its “rapidly morphing thesis” on Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and blockchain. From “digital cash” to “store of value,” researchers conclude that Bitcoin is a bona fide institutional asset class. Morgan Stanley’s research reflects the changing landscape among traditional financial institutions that are becoming increasingly engaged […]
- Here's Why CoinGeek Support Craig Wright and Bitcoin Satoshi Version ahead of the Bitcoin Cash ...
- There is a supremacy war going on in Bitcoin Cash. And not surprising, the contention is around Bitcoin Cash network features once the upcoming ...
- The Man Who Bet It All on Bitcoin, and Still Believes
- In 2017, bitcoin seemed almost unstoppable as investors and consumers poured money into the cryptocurrency. For one Dutch businessman and ...
- New York Awards First-Ever BitLicense to Bitcoin ATM Company
- Bitcoin ATM operator Coinsource has received a BitLicense from New York's financial watchdog, a full three years after first applying.
- Fundstrat's Tom Lee 'Pleasantly Surprised' by Recent Stability of Bitcoin
- Fundstrat Global Advisors' Bitcoin (BTC) analyst Tom Lee said that he is “pleasantly surprised” by the recent stability of BTC in an interview on CNBC's ...
- Interview: Justin Sun on the Future of Tron, BitTorrent and Project Atlas
- Justin Sun sits at the helm of Tron, a decentralized entertainment content sharing platform governed by users instead of centralized third-party intermediaries. Sun boasts an impressive resume at 28 years old: Founder of Peiwo (a popular Snapchat clone in China), Forbes China/Asia 30 Under 30, the first millennial attendee (and recent graduate) of Jack Ma’s Hupan University, […]
- BlackRock to Wait Until Crypto Market is Legitimate Before Offering ETF
BlackRock, the world’s largest asset management firm, will not be offering a cryptocurrency exchange traded fund (ETF) until the markets are further legitimized. Despite the asset management firm’s CEO, Larry Fink, being bullish on blockchain technology, he still has reservations regarding cryptocurrency. Fink’s comments regarding the cryptocurrency markets came about during the New York Times Dealbook Conference...
- Coinsource Receives First BitLicense to Operate Bitcoin ATMs in New York
- The world's largest bitcoin ATM company has finally received official approval to operate in New York. They had previously been operating in New ...
- Bitcoin Price Intraday Analysis: BTC/USD Recovers amid Downside Vulnerability
- Bitcoin on Thursday is trending inside a narrow trading channel, sustaining the 1 percent gain it made the previous day. The BTC/USD instrument is ...
- 'Ruff' Month? Dogecoin's Price Slid 36 Percent in October
- The price of dogecoin fell over 36 percent in October, making it the worst performer out of the world's 25 largest cryptocurrencies.
- Bitcoin ATM Operator Coinsource Gets New York Regulator's Green Light With 'Bitlicense'
- The regulator has thus given its formal seal of approval for New Yorkers to use cash to buy or sell Bitcoin (BTC) using Coinsource's “Bitcoin Teller ...
- Ethereum Studio ConsenSys Just Bought an Asteroid Mining Company
- ConsenSys has just acquired an asteroid mining startup called Planetary Resources.
- Bitcoin Price Watch: Will the Currency Repeat Its Previous Behavior?
- At press time, the father of crypto has shot back up to $6,300 after falling to its lowest point in weeks. Recently, bitcoin was traversing the $6,200 range ...
- HOQU Is Introducing the Beta Version of Their Application for Merchants. Application for Affiliates Has New Features
This is a submitted sponsored story. CCN urges readers to conduct their own research with due diligence into the company, product or service mentioned in the content below. The HOQU team is pleased to announce the accomplishment of the beta version of its app for merchants following the release of the app for affiliates this summer.
- Hong Kong Reveals Regulatory Framework for Crypto Exchanges, Funds
The Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) released a statement today stipulating the regulatory standards that would define the trajectory of virtual assets portfolio managers and fund distributors, according to an announcement on its website. As per CCN’s report, the regulator had proposed the framework in a research paper published in October 2018. The
- Breaking: Tether Opens $1.8 Billion Bank Account in the Bahamas
Tether Limited, the issuer of controversial USD-pegged cryptocurrency stablecoin tether (USDT), has confirmed that it has established a banking relationship with a small financial institution based out of the Bahamas. The cryptocurrency firm, notorious for its opaque operations, broke from standard practice on Thursday, announcing publicly that it has formed a banking partnership with Deltec
- Cute Cats Power Serious $15 Million Funding for CryptoKitties Creators
- CryptoKitties' latest funding round means it has raised $27 million this year. Fur real!
- Tom Lee: I'm “Pleasantly Surprised” That Bitcoin (BTC), Altcoins Have Stabilized
- Uncharacteristically, over the past month, Bitcoin (BTC) and its altcoin peers have undergone a lull, with volatility levels falling under those seen in ...
- BitMax.io Launches Innovative Mining to Benefit Crypto Trading and Exchange Community
- Morgan Stanley says Bitcoin is a new type of asset
- Sometimes it seems institutions and governments spend more time trying to figure out how Bitcoin should be classified, rather than actually doing ...
- Ex-Fed Chair Yellen Rants Against Bitcoin: “I Am Not a Fan”
Janet Yellen, former Chair of the Federal Reserve, shared her dislike of Bitcoin in a five-minute speech at CFA Montreal. The ex-central banker mentioned its little transactional volume, connection to terrorist activities as well as money laundering, and inefficiencies for the purpose of processing payments. Janet Yellen Forgets USD, Tells Financial Analysts Bitcoin is Connected...
- The Broth Thickens: More Details Emerge in Oyster Protocol Exit Scam Scandal
Oyster Protocol issued $90,000,000 worth of PRL (pearl) near the end of last year. The crypto product is designed to enable website owners to earn money by participating in the storage and securing of files within the IOTA Tangle rather than advertising. Users contribute computing resources to the website instead of viewing advertisements. The PRL
- BlackRock Won’t Launch Bitcoin ETF Until Crypto Is ‘Legitimate,’ Says CEO Larry Fink
BlackRock — the world’s largest asset manager and ETF provider — has slowly been warming to crypto, but will not launch a bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) until the industry becomes “legitimate,” said CEO Larry Fink. “I wouldn’t say never — when it’s legitimate, yes,” Fink said at the New York Times Dealbook conference, as reported by CNBC.
- Bitcoin Bear Market Could Last 18 More Months: BitMEX CEO
- Bitcoin prices and trading volume might keep plummeting, and the current bear market could last another 18 months. That's the sobering assessment ...
- October Crypto Market Review: Top 20 Cryptocurrencies Crushed
XRP, Bitcoin Cash, Cardano, Iota, Neo, VeChain falling hard, Tron survives while Maker and 0x recover well. For the eighth month this year cryptocurrency markets have fallen. October has been no exception with a 9.4% decline in total market capitalization. This has resulted in the loss of over $20 billion from cryptocurrencies during the month....
- Morgan Stanley Is Still Struggling to Understand Bitcoin
- Like many late arrivals to cryptocurrency, Morgan Stanley doesn't quite know what to make of bitcoin. The investment bank understands money, ...
- Bitcoin price TODAY: Bitcoin confirms THREE MONTH losing streak
- Bitcoin is valued at $6320.51 (£4,877) at 3:45pm today (November 1) according to CoinDesk.com. There are however there is some cause for ...
- Another Stablecoin Just Launched With 'Real-Time' View of Dollar Backing
- Crypto startup Stably has just launched its StableUSD, a dollar-backed competitor to the reigning tether (USDT) stablecoin.
- Buying Bitcoin In Africa: The Hustle Of Cryptocurrency Trading
- At the time, the only available platforms were peer-to-peer trading platforms, the most popular of which was Local Bitcoins. She created an account ...
- Jamie Dimon Comments on Bitcoin Yet Again, Says He Doesn't Give a Sh*t About It
- On the eve of the 10th anniversary of the Bitcoin (BTC) white paper, Oct. 30, JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon found himself speaking yet again about the ...
- Japanese Financial Giant SBI to Use Ripple (XRP) Extensively With R3
At the SBI Financial Results Briefing, SBI Group CEO Yoshitaka Kitao announced that the firm has already begun the discussions to create a project for R3 that uses Ripple (XRP) more extensively. “We have already begun discussions to create a project to use XRP for R3. By using R3, XRP is used more extensively,” Kitao
- Crypto investment firm Grayscale rakes in $330 million this year despite bitcoin bear market
- Bitcoin prices continue to drag lower this year as retail interest fizzles. But institutional investors seem to be picking up that slack, and led the world's ...
- Goldman Sachs Starts Registering Clients For Its New Bitcoin Trading Desk
- It was reported that the investment banking giant intended to launch a Bitcoin trading operation designed for the exchange of derivatives and ...
- Bitcoin price: 'Calm before storm' means 'POWERFUL move' could be due - crypto expert says
- He added: “Bitcoin volatility is at unusually low levels according to Bollinger BandWidth, which further confirms that a major move is likely to occur ...
- A Cryptocurrency Millionaire Wants to Build a Utopia in Nevada
- A man spent millions on an enormous plot of land near Reno. Now he wants to build a community based on the blockchain technology introduced by Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin Investment Trust Creator Has Raised Record $330 Million This Year
- “Bitcoin prices doing nothing but go down the entire year has not deterred our existing clients from putting more capital to work,” Michael Sonnenshein, ...
- Coinbase's Emilie Choi: $300 Million Raise Was 'For a Rainy Day'
- Coinbase's $300 million Series E was about a "war chest" for expansion, not necessity, says Emilie Choi, its VP of corporate and business development.
- As Ethereum & Ripple (XRP) Plunged, Tron the Only Major Crypto Post Gains in October
The month of October saw many altcoins continue to bleed out in price, with ethereum (ETH) and ripple (XRP) each declining by more than 10 percent. After almost ten months of mostly bearish price action in the cryptocurrency space, there was just one crypto token that managed to tread water in October — tron (TRX).
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Tweets Bitcoin White Paper to 4 Million Followers
- Twitter and Square CEO Jack Dorsey tweeted a link to Bitcoin’s white paper to more than four million followers, marking the 10-year anniversary of the paper’s release. Dorsey also dropped a link to an overview on how Bitcoin works – designed to pimp Square’s Cash.App. https://t.co/3hBdEDLk3e — jack (@jack) October 31, 2018 Dorsey is a prominent […]
- STUDY: Using Bitcoin Will Raise Global Temperatures
- A new study conducted by researchers at the University of Hawai?i at M?noa (UH M?noa) indicates that the digital currency Bitcoin could contribute to ...
548367 at 23:41
548366 at 23:22
548365 at 23:21
548364 at 23:04
548363 at 22:59
548362 at 22:40
548361 at 22:19
548360 at 22:14
548359 at 22:11
548358 at 22:03
548357 at 21:50
548356 at 21:25
548355 at 21:14
548354 at 21:12
548353 at 21:09
548352 at 20:54
548351 at 20:33
548350 at 20:10
548349 at 20:00
548348 at 19:58
548347 at 19:53
548346 at 19:49
548345 at 19:49
548344 at 19:30
548343 at 19:11
548342 at 19:09
548341 at 18:47
548340 at 18:34
548339 at 18:30
548338 at 18:07
548337 at 17:59
548336 at 17:58
548335 at 17:53
548334 at 17:38
548333 at 17:21
548332 at 17:07
548331 at 16:47
548330 at 16:42
548329 at 16:39
548328 at 16:38
548327 at 16:34
548326 at 16:34
548325 at 16:30
548324 at 16:24
548323 at 16:00
548322 at 15:56
548321 at 15:37
548320 at 15:29
548319 at 15:26
548318 at 15:06
548317 at 15:01
548316 at 14:52
548315 at 14:51
548314 at 14:48
548313 at 14:40
548312 at 14:40
548311 at 14:37
548310 at 14:32
548309 at 14:31
548308 at 14:22
548307 at 13:59
548306 at 13:34
548305 at 13:30
548304 at 13:24
548303 at 13:22
548302 at 13:06
548301 at 13:05
548300 at 13:04
548299 at 13:00
548298 at 12:57
548297 at 12:43
548296 at 12:33
548295 at 12:13
548294 at 12:09
548293 at 12:09
548292 at 11:38
548291 at 11:24
548290 at 11:21
548289 at 11:07
548288 at 10:52
548287 at 10:26
548286 at 10:20
548285 at 09:59
548284 at 09:43
548283 at 09:35
548282 at 09:34
548281 at 09:21
548280 at 08:51
548279 at 08:50
548278 at 08:50
548277 at 08:30
548276 at 08:23
548275 at 08:22
548274 at 08:16
548273 at 08:04
548272 at 07:58
548271 at 07:46
548270 at 07:40
548269 at 07:38
548268 at 07:35
548267 at 07:35
548266 at 07:30
548265 at 07:19
548264 at 07:15
548263 at 07:10
548262 at 07:09
548261 at 07:08
548260 at 07:05
548259 at 07:04
548258 at 07:01
548257 at 06:47
548256 at 06:46
548255 at 06:11
548254 at 05:35
548253 at 05:35
548252 at 05:28
548251 at 05:14
548250 at 04:53
548249 at 04:52
548248 at 04:50
548247 at 04:50
548246 at 04:39
548245 at 04:29
548244 at 04:16
548243 at 04:15
548242 at 04:08
548241 at 03:45
548240 at 03:43
548239 at 03:41
548238 at 03:30
548237 at 03:28
548236 at 03:21
548235 at 03:05
548234 at 02:46
548233 at 02:31
548232 at 02:27
548231 at 02:27
548230 at 02:24
548229 at 02:20
548228 at 02:18
548227 at 02:12
548226 at 02:00
548225 at 02:00
548224 at 01:53
548223 at 01:36
548222 at 01:29
548221 at 01:18
548220 at 01:11
548219 at 00:33
548218 at 00:26
548217 at 00:24
548216 at 00:23
548215 at 00:22
548214 at 00:18