Closing price: $5620.8775 Powered by Coindesk
- After the Fork: How Competing Bitcoin Cash Blockchains Might Wage War
- The war for bitcoin cash is only beginning.
- Bitcoin Miner Canaan’s IPO Likely Delayed After Hong Kong Filing Expires
- Canaan Creative's IPO may be in doubt as the bitcoin mining firm's filing with the Hong Kong Stock Exchange has now lapsed.
- Bitcoin plunges below $6000 to lowest level in more than a year
- After nearly touching $20,000 in December 2017, bitcoin's value nosedived in volatile trading over the months that followed. But it has enjoyed a ...
- Ahead of Bitcoin Cash Fork, Mining Power Still Favors SV
- Bitcoin cash is expected to execute its scheduled hard fork in the next few hours, but warring mining-pool factions continue to duke it out over control of ...
- Bitcoin [BTC] market cap falls below $100 billion for the first time since all-time high
- Bitcoin [BTC], the biggest cryptocurrency by market cap and the very first digital gold, is currently being crushed by the bear's grip. The cryptocurrency ...
- How BANKEX is Driving a Digital Finance Transformation with Blockchain
This is a submitted sponsored story. CCN urges readers to conduct their own research with due diligence into the company, product or service mentioned in the content below. It might be hard for the younger generation to believe, but there was once a time when people were not able to buy online. However, Amazon once digitized
- Coinbase-Backed ‘Gods Unchained’ Releases Gameplay Trailer
- The makers of the ethereum-based fantasy card game released a new video, giving players a feel for what to expect.
- Tumultuous Crypto Market: Bitcoin Market Cap Finds YTD Low Under $100 Billion
After remaining stagnant at $6,400 for the better part of a season, Bitcoin (BTC) finally saw an awakening on Wednesday, as the now-1o-year-old crypto asset saw an influx of trading pressure. However, as many feared, this awakening, while powerful in its own right, wasn’t the one that many optimistic crypto investors were hoping for. Instead of...
- Bitcoin suffers big fall since March
- Bitcoin slipped to a 13-month low, falling below the $6,000-level and posting its largest drop since March with other cryptocurrencies also heading ...
- Bitcoin Cash Just Split Into Two Blockchains
- The code for Bitcoin cash's hard fork has been activated. With neither side of the contentious debate leading up to the hard fork willing to come to a ...
- Bitcoin Ban is Impossible in India, says Experts
- Experts are saying the Indian Government's perceived plan to ban Bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies is an impossibility. Analysts are saying that by ...
- Crypto Crash Impacts Large Financial Firms as SBI Shares Decline
On November 15, the crypto market experienced a wipeout of more than $27 billion, as its valuation dropped from $210 billion to $183 billion. As CCN reported, the intensity of the drop reached to a point in which Bitcoin dropped by more than 11 percent, after having defended the $6,000 support level for nearly six
- Bitcoin Cash Fork Hits Investors' Pocketbooks as Two Coins Slip
- The combined value of the two coins spawned from the so-called forking is less than that of a single Bitcoin Cash coin Wednesday, according to data ...
- The Brexit Deal, a Tumbling Pound, and a Ceaseless Crypto Bloodbath
At long last after two-and-a-half years of negotiations in a painful process that can only be described as watching a slow-motion train wreck, a Brexit deal has been struck–a tentative one, at least. However, instead of cracking open the champagne, the pound has tumbled against the dollar, ministers are resigning left and right, and Theresa
- ECB official dubs bitcoin 'evil spawn of the financial crisis'
- One of the eurozone's top central bankers has dubbed bitcoin “the evil spawn of the financial crisis”. Benoît Cœuré, a member of the Executive Board ...
- Coinbase CTO: Time May Be Right for Home Crypto Mining
- Mining innovator Balaji Srinivasan pivoted away from that business in 2017, but now believes the time is right for a home miner.
- Hours After Bitcoin Cash Network Update Begins, Bitcoin ABC Over 10 Blocks Ahead
- At press time, Bitcoin ABC and Bitcoin Unlimited are currently leading Bitcoin SV in terms of both hash rate and number of nodes, according to Coin.
- Bitcoin and the crypto market is once again crashing hard
- It's not been a pretty year for anyone who owns Bitcoin, but the last 24 hours has been a period to forget as the cryptocurrency dropped below $100 ...
- Bitcoin Cash Hard Fork: How Did We Get Here?
As the actual hard fork of Bitcoin Cash approaches and users face the prospect of two versions of Bitcoin Cash, it’s important to remember what led Bitcoin Cash to this situation. As such, here is an albeit incomplete recap. The Block Size Debate Beginning around the middle of 2015, Bitcoin blocks started becoming full, and
- Bitcoin Price Sell-Off Slows As RSI Hits Four-Year Low
- Bitcoin is looking oversold after a drop to 13-month lows Wednesday and could defend immediate support at $5,000 in the next few days.
- Bitcoin Cash: ABC Futures Cross $300 in Hard Fork Aftermath
- With bitcoin cash mining its first forked block, the futures prices of SV and ABC are fluctuating wildly. The BCHSV futures price jumped 10.7 percent ...
- Bitcoin Plunges Below $6000, Hits New Lows for the Year
- Other rivals also fell sharply in value, with market participants suggesting that a looming split in a separate digital currency called Bitcoin Cash ...
- Binance Warns Iranian Traders to Withdraw Crypto Amid Sanctions
- Binance is advising its remaining users in Iran to withdraw their money as the cryptocurrency exchange seeks to comply with international sanctions.
- Modeling Bitcoin's Growth With The UTXO Set
- Bitcoin operates on what's called the UTXO model, in which chunks of value can be broken down into different sizes. The UTXO set grows as Bitcoin ...
- Crypto Custodian BitGo Adds New Stablecoins in Bid to Woo Institutions
- BitGo now supports over 100 assets, including new stablecoin offerings, as it works to offer a wide spectrum of services for institutional investors.
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Analysis: Strong Downside Break, How Low Can It Go?
- Bitcoin had formed lower highs and higher lows to consolidate inside a symmetrical triangle on its 4-hour time frame before breaking to the downside.
- How Low Can It Go? Bitcoin Settles Below $5600 as Altcoins Continue to Drop
- Following yesterday's widespread and significant drop across the entire cryptocurrency markets, Bitcoin has settled below $5,600, the lowest price it ...
- Ripple (XRP) Overtakes Ethereum As Bitcoin's $15 Billion Bloodbath Continues
- Bitcoin, ripple (XRP), and ethereum continued to fall today following yesterday's bloodbath, with bitcoin down almost 3% on the last 12 hours, adding ...
- Why The Future of a Bitcoin (BTC) ETF is Uncertain with the Current BCH Hash War
- Before the current market turmoil brought about by the ongoing Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Hash Wars, many crypto enthusiasts were anxiously waiting on the ...
- Big Investors Put $2.25 Million Behind Bitcoin Reward Startup Lolli
- In a recent seed funding round Bitcoin rewards startup, Lolli, amassed $2.25 Million from an impressive array of investors including Bain Capital ...
- It’s Official: Fork of Bitcoin Forks, As Bitcoin Cash Splits Into Two Separate Blockchains
Bitcoin Cash, the controversial fork of Bitcoin designed to increase the speed of transactions, has itself forked into two separate blockchains. Bitcoin Cash SV, which stands for “Satoshi’s Vision,” is currently trading at a futures price of $84.90 on CoinMarketCap, using the symbol BCHSV. Meanwhile, Bitcoin Cash ABC, which represents the “original” Bitcoin Cash, is trading […]
- The Entire Cryptocurrency Scene—Including Bitcoin—Is Plummeting Again. These Might Be the ...
- For months, the price of Bitcoin has been hovering around the mid-$6,000s mark. No longer. The most popular cryptocurrency has plummeted by 12% ...
- Buy or Sell? What Traders Think About Today’s Bitcoin Cash Fork
- With Thurday's hard fork of the bitcoin cash blockchain likely to result in a split, what are the traders planning to do with their holdings?
- What We Know About Bitcoin Cash's Two Blockchains
- At 18:02 UTC, the bitcoin cash blockchain officially split in two. With one iteration of the bitcoin cash protocol called Bitcoin “Satoshi's Vision” or Bitcoin ...
- Bitcoin Cash War Begins: Hash Power of BCH Increasing Rapidly
- Bitcoin Cash's controversial chain split scheduled for today has been activated at block number 556,766. Around three hours after the split, it appears ...
- Why -- And How -- To Accept Bitcoin At Your Business With Minimal Risk
- (Disclaimer: Author owns bitcoin and shares of Overstock.) “I'll pay 10,000 bitcoins for a couple of pizzas.” That was the request made by Laszlo ...
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH/USD) Price Analysis: Bitmain Ready To “Sacrifice” Bitcoin Hash for Bitcoin ...
- Clearly, the market is bleeding. It's simply a bloodbath out there. And it's about to get worse—or better—for Bitcoin Cash's official coin—Bitcoin Cash ...
- Binance Exchange Will List Circle’s USDC Stablecoin This Week
- Binance, one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges by trading volume, is adding support for Circle-issued stablecoin USDC.
- Police Arrest 8 Over Alleged $68 Million Crypto Pyramid Scheme in Japan
- Police in Tokyo have arrested eight men alleged to have run a cryptocurrency pyramid scheme that amassed about $68.70 million.
- Why bitcoin prices are staging a fresh collapse
- On Wednesday, bitcoin, the world's most famous digital currency, plummeted more than 10%, crashing through $6,000 and trading to its lowest level ...
- Brian Kelly: Bitcoin Cash Hard Fork Caused “Crypto Civil War”
Brian Kelly, founder and CEO of cryptocurrency investment firm BKCM, has said the market is experiencing a “crypto civil war” as the announced “hard fork” in Bitcoin Cash failed to gain consensus among peers in the community. The disagreement is behind the plunging digital currency market, with Bitcoin losing the $6,000 handle on Wednesday, Kelly...
- Bitcoin is the 'Evil Spawn of the Financial Crisis': European Central Bank Board Member
- One of the Eurozone's chief monetary economists heaped some backhanded praise at Bitcoin on Thursday, arguing that the flagship cryptocurrency ...
- Bitcoin Bulls Wonder Where's the Bottom as Volatility Returns
- Bitcoin advocates are asking how low will we go from here as the world's largest cryptocurrency continued to slump following its biggest one-day loss ...
- Bitcoin Prices Just Hit a New Low. Here's How Much You Would Have Lost If You Bought at the ...
- “Bitcoin prices drop”: That's been the news throughout pretty much all of 2018. But on Thursday morning, Bitcoin prices dropped even lower—to ...
- Moscow Residents are Slowly Warming to Crypto Payments: Study
In Moscow, green shoots of crypto adoption are starting to emerge. Indeed, of the Moscow locals who prefer non-cash payment methods such as mobile payments, 1% are using cryptocurrencies while 5% appear to be on the verge of doing so, according to Forbes, citing a study by Yandex.Money. The survey, which was also a product
- Bitcoin Market Cap Slides Below $100 Billion as BCH Fork Spooks Investors
- It has been more than 24 hours since bitcoin scared investors with a sudden 10 percent drop. But there hasn't been a concrete recovery action — yet.
- Bitcoin market cap falls below $100 billion for first time since October 2017
- Amid a sell-off in the cryptocurrency markets that began Wednesday, Bitcoin's market capitalization fell below the $100 billion mark on Thursday — a ...
- Bitcoin Is Crashing -- What's Wrong With the Cryptocurrency Market?
- After relatively low volatility for the past few months, bitcoin and most other cryptocurrencies took a sudden dive on Wednesday. In fact, all of the top 50 ...
- Fork Wars: Bitcoin Cash Dev. Warns that CoinGeek Will Attack ABC
During a largely celebratory live stream regarding the ability of Bitcoin ABC’s upgraded version of Bitcoin Cash to survive and thrive in a post-fork universe, Bitcoin ABC’s self-proclaimed “benevolent dictator,” Amaury Séchet, said that he believes, due to metrics that are publicly available, that BCH mining pool CoinGeek is presently preparing an attack against the ABC
- Crash: Bitcoin And The Stock Market On The Brink
- I've been writing about how bitcoin has been in an increasingly tight range and how when it breaks out it should run in that direction a long way.
- Return of Rights and Interests to the Community: DragonEx Implements Community Democratic Voting
This is a paid-for submitted press release. CCN does not endorse, nor is responsible for any material included below and isn’t responsible for any damages or losses connected with any products or services mentioned in the press release. CCN urges readers to conduct their own research with due diligence into the company, product or service mentioned
- Bitcoin news: 'UK must ACT NOW to spearhead cryptocurrency innovation' - URGENT appeal
- Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have the potential to change the way the world makes payments. The digital assets are already being embraced by ...
- Breaking: Bitcoin Cash Hard Forks — BCH Hash War Begins
- Minutes ago, Bitcoin Cash activated a hard fork that splintered the fourth-largest cryptocurrency's network into at least two competing versions, ...
- Bitcoin Mining Firm Canaan Slashes IPO Target — and May Not Go Public Anytime Soon
Canaan, one of the world’s largest bitcoin mining firms, may be having second thoughts about its plan to go public in one of the cryptocurrency industry’s highest-grossing initial public offerings (IPO) to date. Chinese Bitcoin Mining Firm Delays IPO The Hangzhou-based Canaan had been one of at least three Chinese bitcoin mining firms planning to
- Bitcoin Investors In For More Pain As Prices Hit 13-Month Low Below $6000
- Bitcoin, the leader in the cryptocurrency sector, has fallen further below the $6,000 level as it trades near its lowest level in 13 months. According to ...
- Creating a Comprehensive Digital Assets Ecosystem (DAE)
This is a submitted sponsored story. CCN urges readers to conduct their own research with due diligence into the company, product or service mentioned in the content below. The article is penned by Dane Keller Rutledge. October 24, 2018- A comprehensive digital assets ecosystem (DAE) can be created by combining a decentralized digital assets exchange with a secure
- Bitcoin hits lowest level since October 2017 amid digital-coin rout
- A single bitcoin BTCUSD, -1.27% was last changing hands at $5,545.08, down 1.5% since Wednesday at 5 p.m. Eastern Time on the Kraken ...
- Bitmain Denies Reports CEO Jihan Wu Ousted from Bitcoin Miner’s Board
- Mining giant Bitmain says CEO Jihan Wu still serves on its board, despite media reports to the contrary.
- Crypto-Linked Stocks Drop After Bitcoin Sank to One-Year Low
- Shares of several cryptocurrency-related companies in Asian markets fell Thursday, following earlier losses among U.S. names after Bitcoin led a ...
- Coinshares Exec: Bitcoin in Financial Crisis, Altcoins in Liquidity Crisis
The jaws of crypto investors fell to the floor on Wednesday, as cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Ether, and XRP, plummeted to establish new year-to-date lows. Although some cynics feared this rapid bout of capitulation for months, for many investors, this strong sell-side pressure, which saw BTC fall under $5,800, came straight out of left field....
- Bitcoin Plummets To Lowest Level In Over A Year, Trades Below $6000
- Bitcoin prices tumbled below the key support level of $6,000, hitting the lowest level in more than a year following an almost volatility-free three months ...
- Malaysian Banking Group CIMB Taps Ripple for Blockchain Remittances
- Malaysian banking group CIMB has joined Ripple’s blockchain-based payments network, RippleNet, seeking faster cross-border payments.
- Bitcoin suffers big drop of more than $800 dollars over today
- The long expected big move in the Bitcoin(BTC) price came today as over the day the price dropped by over $800 dollars from over $6,200 to as low ...
- Newsflash: Bitcoin Cash Price Careens Below $390 as Hard Fork Approaches
The bitcoin cash price crashed below the $400 level on Thursday, less than two hours before the fourth-largest cryptocurrency’s network is expected to splinter into competing versions following a contentious hard fork. The crypto market had already been battered over the previous 48 hours, with every major cryptocurrency posting losses in excess of 10 percent
- Bitcoin Hits Lowest Level In More Than a Year, Drops Well Below $6000
- Bitcoin fever may officially be over after a rough 24-hour period that has seen the cryptocurrency fall from a high of $6,177.57 to a low of $5,363.09.
- Bitcoin and four other leading cryptocurrencies all plunge suddenly
- It joins other cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, XRP, Bitcoin Cash and Stellar, that have all seen a massive reduction in value over the past three ...
- What you need to know about the controversial Bitcoin Cash hard fork
- Today, Bitcoin Cash BCH (BCH) – the most popular fork of the original Bitcoin (BTC) network and the fourth largest cryptocurrency by market cap – is ...
- How the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Hash War Is Affecting Bitcoin (BTC)
- The last 24 hours in the crypto-market have stunned many traders and left them speechless. This is due to the fact that Bitcoin (BTC) fell from levels of ...
- Bitcoin Break to $5,600 is Good For Crypto, Says Major Investor
Bitcoin price tanked more than 10 percent on Wednesday after months of low-volatile action. As the market prepares for further slides, a prominent investor believes that Bitcoin breakdown is good for the crypto space. Travis Kling, chief investment officer at Ikigai crypto-assets management firm, said in his tweet that Bitcoin downtrend should induce more capitulation...
- European Central Bank Exec Calls Bitcoin the 'Evil Spawn of the Financial Crisis'
- Executive Board member of the European Central Bank (ECB) Benoit Coeure considers Bitcoin (BTC) to be the “evil spawn of the  financial ...
- CoinShares CSO Demirors Urges Calm Among Bitcoin Investors as Prices Slide 12 Percent
- Institutions “taking money off the table” was a major factor contributing to Bitcoin's (BTC) and altcoins' sudden price drop, the CSO of CoinShares told ...
- European Central Bank Exec: Bitcoin is the “Evil Spawn of the Financial Crisis”
Yet another prominent member of the established financial industry has expressed scepticism about Bitcoin. This time it is European Central Bank executive, Benoit Cœuré. Cœuré: Bitcoin Is a Clever Idea, Just Not a Good One Bitcoin and the rest of the cryptocurrency space has not had a very pleasant 24-hours. With prices plummeting and speculation over...
- Bitcoin Cash: ABC Network Suffered Spam Attack as Hard Fork Activated
Immediately after the Bitcoin Cash hard fork, the blocks on the Bitcoin ABC chain started filling up with nonsensically small transactions. At the time of writing shortly after the fork, three such blocks had been mined with a total of more than 50,000 transactions worth less than 0.5 BCH total. As seen in the video below,
- This Bitcoin Skeptic Wants to Make 'Stable' Cryptos for Venezuela
- Economist Steve Hanke often scoffs that bitcoin isn't “a real currency.” The Johns Hopkins University professor has also compared the cryptocurrency ...
- Crypto Exchange OKCoin Expands to Latin America & Opens Fiat Market
Popular cryptocurrency exchange OKCoin has recently revealed, through a press release shared with CCN, that it expanded to the Latin American market, with a platform that’s set to let users trade top cryptocurrencies against local fiat currencies. According to the release, OKCoin’s expansion to Latin America comes after it became a fully licensed platform to
- Crypto Savant: Bitcoin (BTC) Is The “Medicine You Need”
- Ammous, who authored the now-world-renowned The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralised Alternative to Central Banking, explained that Bitcoin's ...
- Australian Taxpayers Have Paid $1 Million to Scammers Through Bitcoin ATMs Since July
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) has used official channels to warn taxpayers of scammers who are fooling people into paying their taxes through Bitcoin ATMs to their accounts. As the deadline approaches on 21 November, the authority told the one million taxpayers, who will need to make a payment to the ATO, to be wary....
- BCH Fork: Bitcoin Cash Hash Wars Begin With ABC Outpacing SV
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) has finally forked. Bitcoin SV, the protocol implementation favored by Craig Wright and Calvin Ayre, is currently trailing in the battle ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Yearly Support Breaks as Bitcoin Tests Underlying Demand
- After months and months of consolidation, the yearly support finally broke and now bitcoin has found itself in the lower $5000s for the first time since ...
- BitMEX CEO Accurately Called $5000 Bitcoin in August, Is $2000 Next?
- Bitcoin has set a new low for 2018, and is now inching closer and closer to BitMEX CEO Arthur Hayes' prediction that Bitcoin will reach $5,000.
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC/USD Must Dump before Bulls Reign in 2019
- It's a capitulation. It's the end of Bitcoin. It's a Bitcoin Sell-off. And it's true; a typical Bitcoin investor is bleeding right now. But a critical look at price ...
550243 at 23:58
550242 at 23:50
550241 at 23:47
550240 at 23:32
550239 at 23:25
550238 at 23:19
550237 at 23:19
550236 at 23:03
550235 at 22:59
550234 at 22:52
550233 at 22:37
550232 at 22:33
550231 at 22:03
550230 at 21:59
550229 at 21:48
550228 at 21:47
550227 at 21:46
550226 at 21:37
550225 at 20:59
550224 at 20:36
550223 at 20:29
550222 at 20:25
550221 at 20:22
550220 at 20:19
550219 at 19:56
550218 at 19:46
550217 at 19:40
550216 at 19:02
550215 at 18:35
550214 at 18:31
550213 at 18:06
550212 at 17:56
550211 at 17:33
550210 at 17:23
550209 at 17:23
550208 at 17:22
550207 at 17:11
550206 at 16:26
550205 at 16:25
550204 at 15:58
550203 at 15:53
550202 at 15:51
550201 at 15:41
550200 at 15:18
550199 at 15:18
550198 at 14:59
550197 at 14:49
550196 at 14:46
550195 at 14:41
550194 at 14:30
550193 at 13:36
550192 at 13:21
550191 at 13:10
550190 at 13:00
550189 at 12:54
550188 at 12:31
550187 at 12:27
550186 at 11:56
550185 at 11:49
550184 at 11:43
550183 at 11:20
550182 at 11:10
550181 at 11:06
550180 at 10:59
550179 at 10:41
550178 at 10:31
550177 at 10:18
550176 at 10:13
550175 at 09:57
550174 at 09:55
550173 at 09:51
550172 at 09:50
550171 at 09:47
550170 at 09:34
550169 at 08:57
550168 at 08:52
550167 at 08:47
550166 at 08:31
550165 at 08:14
550164 at 08:08
550163 at 08:07
550162 at 07:48
550161 at 07:44
550160 at 07:41
550159 at 07:08
550158 at 07:00
550157 at 07:00
550156 at 06:47
550155 at 06:29
550154 at 06:27
550153 at 06:23
550152 at 06:22
550151 at 06:02
550150 at 05:55
550149 at 05:53
550148 at 05:49
550147 at 05:44
550146 at 05:39
550145 at 05:21
550144 at 05:05
550143 at 05:01
550142 at 04:57
550141 at 04:56
550140 at 04:36
550139 at 04:04
550138 at 04:03
550137 at 03:58
550136 at 03:56
550135 at 03:56
550134 at 03:37
550133 at 03:26
550132 at 03:16
550131 at 03:14
550130 at 03:08
550129 at 03:04
550128 at 03:02
550127 at 02:44
550126 at 02:18
550125 at 02:07
550124 at 02:02
550123 at 01:55
550122 at 01:46
550121 at 01:42
550120 at 01:11
550119 at 01:02
550118 at 00:16
550117 at 00:01