Closing price: $4241.575 Powered by Coindesk
- ICE CEO Unequivocally Sure That Crypto Will Succeed, Bitcoin Market Isn't Worrying
- Surprisingly, amid one of the worst Bitcoin corrections in its decade-long history, a number of commentators and investors, from the traditional, venture, ...
- Norway: Tax on Crypto Mining Scares away $116 Million Foreign Investment
NTC Services AS revealed that a foreign investor had stopped an $116 million investment into a crypto mining facility which was going to be built in Norway’s Tydal municipality. The data center consultancy told E24 that the investor went cold feet after hearing about the Norwegian government’s decision to exempt crypto mining centers from electricity
- Iranians Accused in Cyberattacks, Including One That Hobbled Atlanta
- The suspects chose targets with the means to pay ransom and a need to put their systems back online quickly, law enforcement officials said.
- Bitcoin price crash CRISIS sparks fears of 'MASSIVE' spike in cybercriminal hacking
- The comments were echoed by bitcoin economist Dr Saifedean Ammous who wrote in a tweet on Sunday: “This bear market is a test for Bitcoin's ...
- Bitcoin and digital assets are here to stay, says NYSE chairman, despite bear market
- Bitcoin got the backing of a critical figurehead on Wall Street this week. Jeff Sprecher, chairman of the New York Stock Exchange and CEO of its parent ...
- Bitcoin Surges 8% Overnight in Corrective Rally, Potential Full Reversal?
The price of Bitcoin (BTC) has increased by more than eight percent in the past 24 hours, as the dominant cryptocurrency recovered to $4,000. On fiat-to-crypto exchanges like Coinbase and Bitstamp, Bitcoin is yet to surpass $4,000 mark but on crypto-to-crypto trading platforms, the price of BTC hovers at around $4,100. Fueled by the corrective
- Hollywood Blockbuster Wreck-it-Ralph 2 Features Crypto Cameo
The relentless incursion of cryptocurrency into popular culture has recorded another first with the SAFE Network being featured in the newly-released animation movie ‘Wreck-it-Ralph 2 – Ralph Breaks The Internet’. First pointed out by posters on internet forums, the feature was then confirmed by a shot of a cinema screen showing the SAFE logo clearly
- ICO Market is Dead: Crypto Investor Barry Silbert
The ICO market is dead, but that won’t hamper the inevitable growth of the cryptocurrency market, says Barry Silbert, the founder of crypto investment fund Digital Currency Group. Silbert said the frenzy for initial coin offerings in 2017 fueled the meteoric spike in bitcoin prices, but now the ICO market has been decimated, resulting in
- Petition “Stop Bitcoin from Dumping Lower” to SEC & Federal Reserve Emerges Amid Bitcoin ...
- The crash of Bitcoin to $4k and wipe out of $700 billion from the crypto market has led a crypto enthusiast and trader to start a petition titled “Stop ...
- Crushing it: Stellar, Litecoin, Monero, & Zcash Post Major Gains as Crypto Market Rallies
A few of the top 15 cryptocurrencies saw notable increases over the past twenty-four hours. Stellar saw a gain of 15% against the US dollar, with 22% of its volume being against USD or USD-pegged cryptocurrencies themselves – meaning these gains are realistic, not just figurative. Litecoin gained over 13% against the dollar while Monero
- US Treasury Sanctions Bitcoin Addresses, Two Iranian Men, in Ransomware Hacks
- For the first time ever, the U.S. Treasury Department announced that they have sanctioned two Bitcoin wallet addresses connected to a ransomware ...
- Bitcoin, Is That You? Cryptocurrencies Show Signs of Recovery After a Crash-Tastic Two Weeks
- Bitcoin's price is showing signs of recovery, following a dismal two weeks that wiped as much as 17% off the cryptocurrency's value. On Wednesday ...
- Bitcoin Price Watch: BTC/USD Ran Into Resistance, More Gains Likely
- Bitcoin price gained traction and moved above $3,800 and $4,000 against the US Dollar. BTC/USD must break the $4,080 resistance level to trade ...
- Top US financial regulator pours more cold water on the one thing Bitcoin investors need right now
- SEC chairman Jay Clayton has made some of his most direct comments yet on why the regulator won't approve a Bitcoin ETF. Clayton said crypto ...
- A Slight Relief For Bitcoin Investors
- In the prior two weeks, Bitcoin's price has fallen by 43.22%. The U.S. Department of Justice has commenced an investigation into Tether. The technical ...
- Canadian Jewelry Retailer Birks Now Accepts Bitcoin Payments
- Birks Group, one of the oldest luxury jewelry retailers in Canada, is now accepting bitcoin payments at eight of its stores.
- Venture Capitalist Tim Draper Holds Strong to Bitcoin as Dominance Rises
- Despite the tumbling state of the crypto market and the sharp decrease in Bitcoin price, venture capitalist and permabull Tim Draper remains overly ...
- Bitcoin Price Surges 15% in Rebound Action — Has It Bottomed Already?
- Bearish bias still clouds the bitcoin market, and it is expected to stay strong unless BTC/USD rolls above the large descending trendline depicted in a ...
- Bitcoin [BTC/USD] Technical Analysis: Bitcoin falls further down the abyss
- Bitcoin is undergoing a long bloody rung ever since its prices plunged below the $6,500. The total market cap of Bitcoin fell from a whopping $111 ...
- Amazon Has Launched a New Service for Building Blockchains
- Amazon will help clients build blockchain platforms on Hyperledger Fabric or ethereum with its new product.
- Bitcoin price RISING: How high could Bitcoin rise today? Why is Bitcoin rising?
- Bitcoin has proven to be one of the most unstable cryptocurrencies in recent years, performing at astronomical highs in 2017 before falling flat this year ...
- Judge Slaps Down SEC Attempt to Label ICO Token as Security
US District Judge Gonzalo Curiel of the Southern District of California declared yesterday that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) had failed to demonstrate that the Blockvest ICO met the characteristics of a security under US law. The case will go to trial, as such. There are three important metrics involved in determining whether a
- VanEck Crypto Head Confirms Nasdaq Bitcoin (BTC) Futures
- To clear the air, Gabor Gubacs, a digital asset strategist/head at VanEck (the firm behind the leading Bitcoin ETF proposal), took to the stage of ...
- Cryptocurrencies Rally as Bitcoin Moves Above $4000 for First Time Since Plummeting
- At the time of writing, Bitcoin is trading up 13% at its current price of $4,200, significantly outperforming most major altcoins. Bitcoin appears to have ...
- Nasdaq plows ahead to launch bitcoin futures despite cryptocurrencies' bear market
- The Nasdaq is moving ahead with plans to launch bitcoin futures as early as next year, despite an ongoing bear market for crypto. The world's ...
- Coinbase COO: Crypto is Enabling the Creation of Internet 3.0
The financial technology emerged from the underlying protocol of a crypto could be just the thing internet 3.0 is all about, believes Asiff Hirji. The president and chief operating officer of one of the largest regulated U.S. crypto exchange Coinbase put crypto technology at the forefront of the next internet revolution. Speaking at the latest...
- Bitcoin Cash Price Analysis: BCH/USD Remains Sell Near $200
- Bitcoin cash price moved back in a bearish zone below $200 against the US Dollar. BCH/USD could decline towards $160 as long as it is below $200.
- Bitcoin price forecast: Billionaire Tim Draper claims 'bitcoin is the way FORWARD'
- Bitcoin (BTC) has had a dismal fortnight which wiped 17 percent from the flagship crypto's value. Bitcoin was valued at £4,917 ($6,282) on November ...
- Crypto Analyst: Bitcoin (BTC) To Base At $3500, But Bears Aren't Done Yet
- To say that crypto's past two weeks have been tumultuous would, frankly, be putting it rather lightly. On November 13th, Bitcoin (BTC) was trading at ...
- Nasdaq, VanEck Partner to Launch ‘Crypto 2.0’ Futures Contracts
- The second largest stock exchange in the world - NASDAQ - is partnering with investment management firm VanEck to bring to market a new generation of cryptocurrency futures products.
- US Regulators Tie Two Bitcoin Addresses to Iranian Ransomware Plot
- The U.S. Department of the Treasury is officially adding crypto addresses to its individual sanctions list. The Treasury Department's Office of Foreign ...
- BTC/USD Price Analysis: Bitcoin Support at $3,600, Path to $4,500?
After two weeks of incessant sell pressure and analysts giving up on bulls, it seems like BTC/USD sellers are exhausted. Notice that BTC is finding minor support at $3,600 or Nov 25 floors and if today close higher then we might see a temporary recovery towards $4,700. On the flip side and Vinny Lingham projections...
- Bitcoin regains $4000, on track for best day in 4 months
- After a rough November so far, bitcoin found some support over the past 48 hours and is attempting to carve out a base around the $3,500 - $4,000 ...
- Bitcoin price news: Bitcoin SOARS above $4k - set for BIGGEST daily jump in 7 months TODAY
- The blockchain currency rebounded more than 10 percent today, climbing above $4,000. Bitcoin had slumped to £3,970.04 on the Bitstamp selling ...
- For first time, Treasury targets Bitcoin addresses in sanctions
- The Treasury Department announced Wednesday that it had sanctioned two Bitcoin network addresses, a first of its kind action against accounts in a ...
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, EOS, Litecoin: Price Analysis, Nov. 28
- Bakkt CEO Kelly Loeffler expressed confidence that the platform's futures contract will help establish a trusted Bitcoin price for investors, unlike now, ...
- Bitcoin Price Bounces Despite Worrying Warning Over Cryptocurrency Markets
- Bitcoin has climbed back over the psychological $4,000 mark after falling as low as $3,600 last week amid a rout that has wiped billions from the ...
- US Targets Iranian Hackers for Laundering Bitcoin In Connection to Major Ransomware Attack
- The action underscores growing concern among U.S. officials that Iran will increasingly rely on bitcoin and other currencies to sidestep Washington's ...
- Crypto Firm Galaxy Digital is Losing an Average of $15 Million every Month
Galaxy Digital Holdings LP, the cryptocurrency merchant bank founded by prominent crypto investor Mike Novogratz, announced losses totaling $41 million for Q3 2018, bringing the total losses for the year so far to $136 million. Bloomberg reports that the Q3 loss was driven by net realised and unrealised losses on digital assets, chiefly caused by losing positions
- Shark Tank Star and Crypto Innovator Says Bitcoin and Crypto Bear Market Could Linger for Months
Civic CEO and star of Shark Tank South Africa, Vinny Lingham, is offering his take on the current bear market conditions in the cryptosphere. In a new interview with CNBC, Lingham said he sees Bitcoin hovering in the $3,000 – $5,000 range for at least three to six months, adding, “If we don’t get out […]
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Live: $400 Gain Sees BTC Rise Above $4000
- Bitcoin is presently experiencing a mini-rally that has seen its price climb above the $4,000 price mark. This surge is indicative of what is currently a ...
- SEC Chairman: Bitcoin [BTC] is a replacement for sovereign currencies
- Jay Clayton, the Chairman of Securities and Exchange Commission [SEC], spoke about the reason behind why Bitcoin is not classified as a security, ...
- Bitcoin Will Surge 60 Times in 4 Years, Says Celeb VC Who Predicted Crypto's 2017 Peak
- Cryptocurrency investing in 2018 has often been terrifying. As of this week, Bitcoin has fallen more than 80 percent from its December 2017 peak of ...
- Is Dogecoin Making A Comeback?
In every market slaughter, there are some winners. Those with sell orders over 50 satoshi on Dogecoin may have noticed their sales went through recently. Demand for Dogecoin has seemingly picked up whilst the rest of the market was on a sell frenzy. The Dogecoin price went up about 6 Satoshi in the last 48 hours,
- Battered-down bitcoin jumps 15%, lifting cryptocurrency market value by $20 billion
- Bitcoin saw a double-digit rebound Wednesday after weeks of struggling to recover above the $4,000 mark. The world's largest cryptocurrency spiked ...
- Why a Nobel laureate in economics thinks bitcoin is toast
- The price of bitcoin has been ticking back up after a precipitous drop from $6,500 at the beginning of the month to $3,600 this week. That low marked ...
- South Korea Eyes More Reliable E-Voting With December Blockchain Trial
- South Korea's National Election Commission says it is building a blockchain-based voting platform to be trialed in December.
- Mobile Forum Giant Tapatalk Will Reward its 300 Million Users with Kin Cryptocurrency
Tapatalk, the mobile forum application with an aggregate registered user base of 300 million, has struck a deal with the Kin Foundation to reward its users with cryptocurrency for posting quality content on the platform. Announced on Wednesday, the partnership will see Tapatalk, whose platform hosts 200,000 forums based in 186 countries, seek to build
- Bitcoin edges back above $4000
- Bitcoin was on track for its biggest daily rise in more than seven months on Wednesday following a sharp fall earlier in the week that saw it hit its ...
- 2018 Bytom Global DevCon was Successfully Held, the US Team Won the First Prize of 200,000 BTM
This is a paid-for submitted press release. CCN does not endorse, nor is responsible for any material included below and isn’t responsible for any damages or losses connected with any products or services mentioned in the press release. CCN urges readers to conduct their own research with due diligence into the company, product or service mentioned
- Blockchain Smart Contracts Subject to Financial Laws, Says CFTC Primer
- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission says smart contracts are covered under financial rules in its new primer on the technology.
- Bitcoin [BTC] back in the $4100 ground: witnesses a rise of more than 12% within 24 hours
- Bitcoin [BTC], the first ever cryptocurrency, which was bleeding in the market since the beginning of this month has finally started to show signs of ...
- Ohio now accepts bitcoin for tax payments. What could go wrong?
- This week, Ohio became the first state in the US to allow businesses to pay taxes in bitcoin—well, sort of. Although crypto enthusiasts celebrated the ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Analysis: Bulls Are Back in the Game!
- Bitcoin was previously trending lower inside a descending channel but has just broken past the resistance to indicate that a reversal is due. Price has ...
- What Does the Bitcoin Crash Mean for Crypto Energy Use?
- Fears about the energy consumption of cryptocurrency mining have been temporarily quelled by a slide in the value of cryptocoins, including bitcoin ...
- Bitcoin price BOMBSHELL: Experts say SELL NOW as Bitcoin to bring 'pain' for investors
- Bitcoin kickstarted trading today in the green, opening at £2,960.82 ($3,788.13) per token, according to crypto tracker CoinDesk. The digital currency is ...
- The 6 Big Takeaways From SEC Chair Clayton’s Crypto Remarks
- Following SEC Chairman Jay Clayton's fireside chat at Consensus: Invest, we invited three crypto law experts to unpack what was said.
- US Exposes Bitcoin Addresses of Sanctioned Iranians
- In imposing sanctions on two Iran-based individuals it said helped facilitate ransom payments made in Bitcoin, the Office of Foreign Assets Control for ...
- Coinbase Quietly Opened Its OTC Crypto Trading Desk This Month
- U.S.-based cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase opened its over-the-counter (OTC) crypto trading desk this month, Cheddar reports.
- Bitcoin Is Bouncing Around Again. Here Are Some Possible Causes
- Bitcoin has lost a lot of its value this month. Financial experts aren't sure why. And they're not sure where the popular cryptocurrency will go next.
- Goldman Sachs Still Can’t Hold Crypto on Behalf of Clients Despite Growing Demand
Nearly three months have passed since Goldman Sachs, a $73 billion investment bank based in the US, said that it is not ready to facilitate the delivery of “physical Bitcoin” to its clients. The banking giant is still not able to hold cryptocurrencies on behalf of its clients, despite growing demand from clients. At a
- The Bitcoin Fad: Successfully Understanding Trends Vs. Fads
- It was August 15, 2017 when I wrote the column "A Bitcoin Is Worth $4,000 - Why You Probably Should Not Own One." At the time, Bitcoin's value had ...
- The Trade of the Decade: Betting on Bitcoin
- In fact, an investment in a basket of the top crypto-assets (largely Bitcoin) has the best chance to deliver the most attractive risk-adjusted returns over ...
- Ardor Lightweight Contracts: Since Existing Smart Contracts Are Not So Smart
This is a submitted sponsored story. CCN urges readers to conduct their own research with due diligence into the company, product or service mentioned in the content below. One thing has held true for more than five years – while the market goes up and down and over-funded market leaders delay upgrades, the teams behind Bitcoin,
- ‘Fat-Finger’ Error Costs Norwegian Bank Storebrand Nearly $12 Billion in Value
Storebrand, a leading Norwegian financial services group worth more than $81 billion shed 14 percent of its share value on Wednesday morning after falling victim to a phenomenon known as a “fat-finger” error. The term refers to an erroneous keyboard or mouse input that places a buy or sell order that is magnitudes larger than
- Google Searches for ‘Bitcoin’ Just Hit Their Highest Level Since April
- The number of Google searches for bitcoin has seen a notable uptick this week, now recording its most searches worldwide since last April.
- Bitcoin SV [BSV] crashes after bull run as investor sentiments take a hit
- After siding with the bull on Tuesday and making its way to the CoinMarketCap's top-10 list, Bitcoin SV [BSV] has fallen prey to the bear once again.
- U.S. FDA Eyes Blockchain to Enhance Food Safety in the Wake of E. coli Outbreak
Following an outbreak of E. coli in the United States that was linked to romaine lettuce, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is considering better track-and-trace methods and this includes the use of blockchain technology. Speaking to business news channel CNBC, FDA commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb announced that the federal agency had hired the vice
- WATCH: SEC Chairman Jay Clayton’s Full Consensus: Invest Interview
- Clayton spoke Tuesday at the CoinDesk-organized event. Here's the full video of his fireside chat.
- Back Over $4K: Bitcoin’s Price Bounce is Gathering Pace
- While the bitcoin market is still predominantly bearish, seller exhaustion near $3,500 may be paving the way to stronger corrective bounce.
- Bitcoin climbs back over $4000 after turbulent week
- Bitcoin jumped above $4,000 on Tuesday, after falling below $3,700 over the weekend. The cryptocurrency hit $4,063.47 late Tuesday, according to ...
- Bitcoin price latest: Could BTC could trade at $20000 AGAIN by 2020?
- Bitcoin's price plummeted in the last two weeks November, dragging the wider cryptocurrency market down with it. A total of 17 percent was wiped ...
- Goldman, Morgan Stanley Go Live With CLS’ IBM-Powered Blockchain
- CLS, the bank-owned currency trading utility, and IBM have gone live with their blockchain-based payment netting service after more than two years in development.
- SEC Commissioner Not Ready to Approve Bitcoin ETF, Worries Fester
To say that advocates of crypto are dedicated would be putting it lightly. Since Bitcoin’s earliest blocks, true innovators have discovered value in the crevices of the cryptocurrency world, finding it logical to latch onto this nascent industry in times of despair and euphoria alike. While this zealous faith in this decade-old innovation has taken many...
- Even with the Market Crash, Crypto Holders Are Still Giving
There hasn’t been much good news lately with prices on a downward spiral. Even with an overnight surge, no one knows for sure if crypto has hit rock bottom yet. So it may come as a surprise that even when crypto HODLers are bleeding wealth, they’re still in a giving mood. According to a survey
- Could Ohio be paving the way for Bitcoin as a regular currency?
- Ohio has become the first state in the country to permit business taxes to be paid with the cryptocurrency Bitcoin. Diego Zuluaga, a policy analyst at the ...
- Steemit Lays Off 70% of Its Staff, Citing Crypto Bear Market
- "We've been forced to lay off more than 70% of our organization and begin a restructuring," says Steemit founder Ned Scott.
551877 at 23:59
551876 at 23:49
551875 at 23:46
551874 at 23:38
551873 at 23:37
551872 at 23:30
551871 at 22:52
551870 at 22:24
551869 at 22:14
551868 at 22:09
551867 at 22:07
551866 at 21:43
551865 at 21:35
551864 at 20:48
551863 at 20:21
551862 at 20:10
551861 at 19:54
551860 at 19:29
551859 at 18:37
551858 at 18:25
551857 at 18:25
551856 at 18:21
551855 at 18:11
551854 at 17:46
551853 at 17:41
551852 at 17:27
551851 at 17:25
551850 at 17:17
551849 at 17:04
551848 at 16:35
551847 at 16:31
551846 at 16:03
551845 at 16:03
551844 at 15:34
551843 at 14:50
551842 at 14:47
551841 at 14:36
551840 at 14:33
551839 at 14:31
551838 at 14:16
551837 at 13:34
551836 at 13:20
551835 at 13:20
551834 at 12:59
551833 at 12:54
551832 at 12:38
551831 at 12:35
551830 at 12:31
551829 at 12:21
551828 at 12:13
551827 at 12:04
551826 at 12:02
551825 at 11:48
551824 at 11:44
551823 at 11:41
551822 at 11:22
551821 at 11:22
551820 at 11:21
551819 at 11:02
551818 at 10:58
551817 at 10:56
551816 at 10:44
551815 at 10:38
551814 at 10:38
551813 at 10:36
551812 at 10:26
551811 at 10:16
551810 at 09:48
551809 at 09:40
551808 at 09:17
551807 at 09:08
551806 at 09:01
551805 at 08:59
551804 at 08:48
551803 at 08:37
551802 at 08:35
551801 at 07:54
551800 at 07:49
551799 at 07:49
551798 at 07:31
551797 at 07:24
551796 at 07:19
551795 at 07:14
551794 at 06:46
551793 at 06:41
551792 at 06:40
551791 at 06:33
551790 at 06:30
551789 at 06:25
551788 at 06:19
551787 at 05:39
551786 at 05:09
551785 at 05:07
551784 at 04:57
551783 at 04:45
551782 at 04:42
551781 at 04:27
551780 at 03:45
551779 at 03:42
551778 at 03:19
551777 at 03:05
551776 at 02:45
551775 at 02:29
551774 at 02:23
551773 at 01:46
551772 at 01:40
551771 at 01:33
551770 at 01:32
551769 at 01:26
551768 at 01:24
551767 at 00:50
551766 at 00:43
551765 at 00:41
551764 at 00:26
551763 at 00:16
551762 at 00:06
551761 at 00:05
551760 at 00:01