Closing price: $3465.3367 Powered by Coindesk
- Bitcoin [BTC] price hike was like a 'drug' frenzy, but prices won't go to zero, says Mike Novogratz
- Speaking to Bloomberg, he pointed at SEC sanctions on certain ICOs and the uncertainty surrounding Bitcoin Cash's hardfork as the reasons behind ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis Dec.12: Range is tightening, a major move is nearby
- Following yesterday's analysis, whereas Bitcoin was consolidating in a tight range, the current situation is pretty much the same: For the past two days ...
- Swiss Bitcoin ETP Sees Record Volume as Institutional Investors Buy the Dip
- The steep decline in Bitcoin price has coincided with record volume of the recently launched Bitcoin ETP on the SIX Swiss Stock Exchange, ...
- Bitcoin [BTC]'s mining death spiral explained by BlockTower's CIO, Ari Paul
- Touching the shutdown of Bitmain's Israel's mining branch, Ari Paul said that it was a matter of intense debate as the security of Bitcoin's network lies in ...
- Bitcoin does not have a killer app, “I can't use it to buy coffee”, says Mastering Bitcoin author
- Andreas Antonopoulos, the author of Mastering Bitcoin and a Bitcoin proponent, spoke about the limited supply of Bitcoin and whether it is better to ...
- Bitcoin – Can the Bulls Stop the Rot? It's Looking Precarious…
- Bitcoin and the broader market saw red once more on Tuesday, with Bitcoin's bearish start to the week continuing, a 2.49% fall off the back of ...
- Saying Goodbye to Crypto’s Infant Anarchy
- As the crypto markets have matured, they've seen increasing acceptance with traditional finance and regulators, but there's still a way to go.
- Bitcoin's collapse looks familiar to bubble watchers, analyst says
- In Wednesday trade, a single bitcoin BTCUSD, +2.46% fetched $3,496.57 on the Kraken exchange, a gain of 2.7% since Tuesday at 5 p.m. Eastern ...
- The Future of ICOs: In the Hands of Regulators or Innovators?
- What is the future of initial coin offerings? One of the movements early leaders suggests the market might be at a tipping point.
- Bitcoin [BTC] is tax-free in Wyoming; IRS or Feds cannot get anything out of Wyoming says, Wall ...
- Caitlin Long, former chairman and president at Symbiont.io and a Wall Street veteran who has been actively participating in the Bitcoin community ...
- Bitcoin Shorts Reach ATH, is a Short Squeeze Incoming?
- Bitcoin has continued to plunge since January 2018, with no respite in sight. Bitcoin shorts reached all-time highs on BitMex and other exchanges ...
- 'What is Bitcoin' Ranked Among Top Google Searches in 2018
- About a year ago, Google searches for “Bitcoin” surpassed searches relating to Donald Trump. Now that Google has published its 2018 year-in-review ...
- Bitcoin Climbs to $3500, Analyst Claims There is Nothing Unique About the Crypto Bubble
- Bitcoin was able to bounce after yesterday's downturn, leading the entire cryptocurrency market to trade up. The latest move up may validate the ...
- Anti-Crypto Environmentalists Gleeful that Bitcoin is 'Becoming Worthless'
- Some environmentalists are gleefully celebrating the current crypto bear market, saying it's a sure sign that bitcoin is “becoming worthless” and “will ...
- Google's year in search 2018: the World Cup, Fortnite GIFs and Bitcoin
- In the U.S., people typing in that “what is” question into Google search asked most often about Bitcoin, racketeering, DACA (the Deferred Action for ...
- Kraken Is Seeking ‘War Chest’ Investment at a $4 Billion Valuation
- Crypto exchange Kraken is seeking investment from select clients with a minimum $100,000 buy-in.
- How low will bitcoin go? 'Crunch time' for cryptocurrency as experts predict 2019 price
- In December 2017, the price of bitcoin was approaching $20,000 after months of miraculous growth had pushed its price up by more than 2,000 per ...
- What is Holding Coinbase Back From Integrating Ripple (XRP) Into its Exchange?
On December 7, Coinbase, a leading crypto-to-fiat exchange, announced it is exploring 31 crypto assets to integrate into its exchange. One of the cryptocurrencies the exchange has been looking into is Ripple (XRP), the second most valuable asset in the cryptocurrency market with a market valuation of over $12 billion. Although Coinbase expressed its intent
- Bitcoin has failed to recover ever since its first crash after ATH which was caused by the Mt. Gox ...
- Since Bitcoin [BTC] and other cryptocurrencies touched their all-time high, they have been facing the wrath of the bear. Moreover, the bear started its ...
- Interview: Stephen Innes Says Crypto, Bitcoin to “Grind Higher” Over Next Decade
Just two weeks ago, “cross-asset trader” Stephen Innes, head of Pacific-Asia trading at Oanda, took to Bloomberg TV to convey his thoughts on late-2018’s crypto market tumult. After his short guest appearance on the network, he was quickly classified as a Bitcoin (BTC) bear, due to his expectation that the popular digital asset could fall below $2,500. Yet, through...
- Mike Novogratz Adamant That Bitcoin (BTC) Won't Fall To $0
- Bitcoin fanatic and blockchain enthusiast Mike Novogratz, a former Wall Street hotshot, recently doubled-down on his pro-crypto sentiment, even while ...
- Galaxy S10 might ship with a secure cold crypto wallet for storing Bitcoin
- One of the newest trends in mobile is Bitcoin and the blockchain, although only a few companies are ready to offer phones featuring cold wallets for ...
- Ethereum’s Geth Software Upgrades Ahead of January Hard Fork
- Geth has locked ethereum's upcoming Constantinople hard fork into its latest code release.
- Why Popular 2018 End of Year Bitcoin (BTC) Price Predictions Are No Longer Valid
- Many crypto traders and enthusiasts, had hoped that by the end of 2018, Bitcoin (BTC) and other popular cryptocurrencies, would have increased in ...
- Bitcoin Price Charts Indicate Glimmer of Hope for Corrective Rally
- Bitcoin's struggle to build a notable bounce could end if prices beat key resistance above $3,600.
- Crypto Exchange OKEx Relists Bitcoin ABC Under Original Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Ticker
- Another major cryptocurrency exchange has announced that they deem recent the recently created Bitcoin ABC to be the true Bitcoin Cash.
- Bitcoin's price is plummeting – will the cryptocurrency survive?
- BITCOIN investors have had a hell of a ride this year. If you had bought one of the digital tokens last December, it would have cost you nearly $20,000.
- Allianz GI CEO Kicks Bitcoin While it's Down, Wants Crypto “Outlawed”
- Although Bitcoin (BTC) has experienced an unquestionably dismal 2018, with BTC losing 80% of its value since its year-to-date high, there are still a ...
- Weiss Ratings Says It's Time to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) Now
- The price of Bitcoin (BTC) has dropped significantly from it's all-time high of nearly $20,000 back in December. In fact, the price has dropped so much ...
- Denmark's Tax Agency Targets 2700 Nationals for Hiding Bitcoin Trades
- Skattestyrelsen (SKAT), the Danish tax agency, has accelerated crackdown against a large number of nationals who secretly traded bitcoin on a ...
- Denmark Targets 2700 Bitcoin Traders for Tax Payments After Tip-Off From Finland
- Denmark's tax agency (Skattestyrelsen) has confirmed it is “identifying” 2,700 individuals it says owe taxes on Bitcoin (BTC) gains, according to a Dec.
- Crypto Markets See Modest Gains, Bitcoin Rises Above $3400
- Bitcoin (BTC) began the day around $3,414, subsequently reaching its intraday high of $3,534. At press time, the major coin is trading at $3,499, ...
- Razer Wants Gamers to Mine Cryptocurrency Using their Idle GPUs — But You Probably Shouldn’t
Gamers invest considerable sums in the GPU chips that power their computers. However, even the most hardcore “Fortnite” player will leave his or her gaming rig on idle for a significant chunk of each day while they go to work, attend school, or — at the very least — sleep. Hardware manufacturer Razer says that
- 10-Year Jail Term Sought for Former Mt Gox CEO Mark Karpeles
- Japanese prosecutors are seeking a 10-year sentence for former Mt. Gox CEO Mark Karpeles over embezzlement of user funds.
- Crypto Market Drops Again: Does Bitcoin Price Risk Fall to $2,500?
Throughout the past three days, the Bitcoin price has demonstrated wild volatility in the range between $3,200 to $3,600. The dominant cryptocurrency has struggled to break out of the $3,700 resistance level which several technical analysts have consistently mentioned over the last two weeks. On December 12, the price of Bitcoin (BTC) fell by around
- Payments Startup Bitwala Now Offers Crypto Banking in Germany
- Germany-based payments startup Bitwala is now offering crypto banking services in the country.
- Ranks of Crypto Users Swelled in 2018 Even as Bitcoin Tumbled
- It turns out that cryptocurrency enthusiasts were committed well beyond the HODL rallying call that urged them to hold on during this year's ...
- Samsung Could Be Developing a Bitcoin (BTC) and Crypto Wallet App for The Galaxy S10
- News reaching Ethereum World News from The Block and SamMobile.com indicate that the giant electronics and smart-phone manufacturer of ...
- Bitcoin Price 'Could Go from Bad to Worse': Bearish Analyst
- The most potential use case of bitcoin today is the store of value. But an analyst thinks otherwise. Stephen Innes, head of Asia Pacific trading at Oanda ...
- Unbreakable: Mike Novogratz Remains a Bitcoin Bull in a Bleeding Market
Currently, when crypto believers generalize every Wall Street banker to be a Bitcoin critic, a celebrated hedge fund manager and former Goldman Sachs executive changed his perception. Mike Novogratz is a now a name beyond the mainstream finance, and perhaps among the only consistent voices speaking in favor of bitcoin even after its 80 percent-plus...
- Bitcoin WARNING: End of BTC? Dominance 'WILL fall as NEW cryptocurrency takes over'
- He said: “Bitcoin is likely to remain the dominant cryptocurrency for some time, but I do believe that its influence will decline over the next five to 10 ...
- Max Keiser Interview: Buy Bitcoin, 'Leave Alts to Dickheads Like Jamie Dimon'
- Max Keiser once again shared his thoughts with Bitcoinist on the latest happenings in France, how Russia may use Bitcoin for its strategic reserves, ...
- Bitcoin Cash – ABC, Litecoin and Ripple Daily Analysis – 12/12/18
- Bitcoin Cash ABC slid by 4.99% on Tuesday, following on from a 4.28% fall on Monday, to end the day at $96.44. Bearish through most of the day, ...
- Samsung Files for Cryptocurrency Trademarks in the EU For Smartphones
Electronics giant Samsung has filed applications for three blockchain-related trademark requests for smartphones. Based on the descriptions provided by the company, the three European trademark requests relate to providing crypto custody services on smartphones, which indicates that Samsung may be planning to make its entry into the ‘blockchain smartphone’ market following the recent release of HTC’s
- 80% of wallets holding Bitcoin contain less than $100
- This ball-busting bear market has lasted almost a full year. No better time to check on how the circulating supply of Bitcoin BTC is currently distributed.
- Venezuela: Church’s Chicken Accepts Crypto Payments after KFC Denies Rumors
Church’s Chicken, an international fast-food franchise known its hand-battered fried chicken, has reportedly partnered with Dash Venezuela to become the first fast-food franchise to accept cryptocurrencies throughout its locations in Venezuela. According to a press release, a strategic alliance between Dash Venezuela and Church’s Chicken Venezuela will see 13 establishments start accepting the privacy-centric cryptocurrency
- Nigerian Banking Regulator Warns Bitcoin's Disintermediation Is a 'Critical Concern'
- “The partial disintermediation of the banking system arising from proliferation of digital currencies such as Bitcoin, as well as the activities of fintechs ...
- 62% of Auto Execs Believe Blockchain Will Disrupt Industry within 3 Years: IBM Study
The auto industry is betting big on blockchain. In fact, a whopping 62% of auto executives say the technology underpinning bitcoin will be a disruptive force in the industry by 2021. Moreover, 95% of carmakers plan to make “moderate to significant” blockchain investments over the next three years, according to a report by the IBM Institute
- Romania: Bitcoin Exchange CEO Vlad Nistor Arrested for Money Laundering, May Face US Extradition
According to a local Romanian news outlet Ziar de Cluj and others, Vlad Nistor — the CEO of Romania-based Bitcoin exchange CoinFlux — has been detained on behalf of the US government and is awaiting extradition. He was arrested in the city of Cluj-Napoca on Tuesday, according to another outlet. The crypto exchange has not disclosed
- Bitcoin (BTC) Leads Google Trends Most Commonly Asked in 2018
- Bitcoin (BTC) Leads Google Trends Most Commonly Asked in 2018 ... the broader altcoin market, Bitcoin managed to score a minor win on the day.
- 'What Is Bitcoin?' Topped Google's 2018 What Asked Trending List
- While previously notorious among anarchists and day traders, Bitcoin, which turned 10 this year, gained mainstream recognition after surging 1,400 ...
- Deutsche Telekom, Alibaba Cloud, Citi Join Hyperledger Blockchain Project
- Hyperledger has added 16 new members, including Deutsche Telekom, Europe's biggest telecommunications provider and Alibaba's cloud computing subsidiary.
- Bitcoin Rises 4.65% as Crypto Market Creeps Toward Breakout
- The bitcoin price on Wednesday jumped as high as 4.65 percent from its opening price and established an intraday high at $3,488. The BTC/USD rate ...
- Cryptocurrency Should be ‘Outlawed’: Allianz CEO Andreas Utermann
Despite this year’s prolonged cryptocurrency market decline, many mainstream financial institutions and wealth managers have continued to explore how to make this nascent asset class more accessible to their clients. Firms such as Goldman Sachs and Fidelity are building crypto custody products, while exchange giants Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) and Nasdaq are focusing on futures trading.
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Analysis: Bullish Divergence & Potential Targets
- Bitcoin is still in selloff mode but there are more signs of bullish exhaustion on the daily time frame. For one, RSI and stochastic have indicated ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Sighting Upside Break Towards $3700
- Bitcoin price found support near the $3,325-3,330 support area and later recovered against the US Dollar. BTC/USD may continue to rise towards the ...
- Report: Venezuela Is Forcibly Converting Pension Balances to the Petro
- Venezuela has reportedly begun automatically converting residents' pensions into its controversial cryptocurrency.
- Cardano Founder Charles Hoskinson Explains Why ADA’s New Smart Contract Tools are a Boon for Fintech
IOHK, a leading blockchain research and development firm, announced two tools developed by a world-leading team for writing smart contracts for the Cardano blockchain. The apps are called Plutus and Marlowe and were launched in test format at the first PlutusFest conference in Edinburgh, Scotland. These powerful tools will enable start-ups, the financial services and
- Bitcoin Price Watch: BTC Hesitates, But Further Losses Seem Likely
- Bitcoin price is slowly extending losses below $3,400 against the US Dollar. BTC could accelerate losses if buyers continue to struggle near ...
- Next Bitcoin Bull Run Matter of When – Not If, Says BTC Investor Eric Dalius
- Real estate entrepreneur, Bitcoin investor, and cryptocurrency expert Eric Dalius in Tech Bullion says there's still plenty of fight left in Bitcoin despite ...
- Square’s Crypto-Friendly Cash App is the Most Downloaded Financial Application on Play Store
Just days after been named the hottest download on the iOS application store, Square’s cryptocurrency-friendly Cash App has risen to the top of another chart. This time it has been named as the most downloaded financial application on the other leading operating system’s app store, Google Play. Although obviously quite impressive in its own right...
- Bitcoin Bull Mike Novogratz Has A Stark Warning For The Crypto Community
- Bitcoin is down more than 80% from its all-time high, having plummetted since the beginning of this year, dragging most major cryptocurrencies with it, ...
- Ex-Goldman Sachs partner still believes in cryptocurrency
- Novogratz formed Galaxy after correctly predicting that bitcoin would rally to $10,000 and keep climbing. Bitcoin, however, began its plunge in January ...
- Developers Test Cross-Blockchain Protocol for One-Way ERC20-Bitcoin LN Atomic Swaps
- An R&D lab at crypto startup TenX has tested the use of its cross-blockchain interoperability protocol to transfer ERC20 tokens for Bitcoin (BTC) using ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Falls To $3400, Crypto Shorts Ramp Up — Sell-Off Inbound?
- After days of unrest in the industry, and the perpetuation of a seemingly endless downtrend, the crypto market at large has failed to undergo a bullish ...
- The World's First ERC-20 and Bitcoin Atomic Swap Has Taken Place
- In the post, the team delves into their process, explaining outright that this swap was not as simple as the first-ever ether and bitcoin atomic swap they ...
- Bitcoin Dominance Grows to Three Month High as Altcoins Falter
There have been no winners in crypto land this year, everything has been battered. Some have fared better that others, however, and Bitcoin remains on top of the pile despite having lost half its value over the past month or so. Highest Dominance For Three Months Bitcoin dominance has made it to a three month...
- Former AriseBank Execs Settle Charges in SEC ICO Fraud Lawsuit
- The SEC has settled charges with AriseBank's former CEO and COO, requiring the two to pay $2.7 million in disgorgement and $187,000 in penalties.
- Cheap Power Is Luring Battered Bitcoin Miners to Iran
- Some crypto miners are looking to Iran for its low-cost power – but the path to setting up shop in the country is anything but simple.
- UAE and Saudi Arabian Central Banks to Jointly Launch a Cross-Border Cryptocurrency
It’s confirmed. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Saudi Arabia will work on cross-border digital currency. The exact date when it would be issued is still unknown but we know one thing, the digital currency is not targeted at consumers. It’s strictly for banks. Arabian news outlet Gulf News reports that the central bank of
- Newsflash: Japanese Prosecutors Want Former Mt Gox CEO Jailed for 10 Years
The former CEO of the now-defunct bitcoin exchange Mt Gox, Mark Karpeles, could face up to decade in prison if prosecutors have their way. According to the Nikkei Asian Review, prosecutors are seeking a 10-year jail term for Mark Karpeles for embezzlement. Among the claims made by prosecutors at the Tokyo District Court include the
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Stellar, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, Litecoin, TRON, Cardano: Price ...
- Harvard University Professor of Economics and Public Policy Kenneth Rogoff believes that the long-term value of Bitcoin is “more likely to be $100 ...
- Allianz Global Investors Chief Calls for Cryptocurrency Ban
- The CEO and global CIO of Allianz's investment arm has said cryptocurrencies should be banned by regulators.
- Most Bitcoin Owners Hold Less Than $100 Worth
- An analysis of bitcoin addresses shows that the majority of bitcoin (BTC) owners own only one-tenth of the digital currency, according to a report.
- Novogratz’s Galaxy Digital Backs $4 million Raise for Crypto-Lender BlockFi
- BlockFi, a startup that offers U.S. dollar loans against crypto collateral, has raised $4 million from Mike Novogratz's Galaxy Digital and others.
- Bitcoin Mining Difficulty Decline Favors Persistent Miners
- Bitcoin mining difficulty is falling thanks to the digital coin's underlying blockchain technology. If trends persist, small miners should be able to take ...
- What to expect from Bitcoin in 2019
- Bitcoin and other major cryptocurrencies have had a tumultuous year, with steady price drops affecting investor confidence and the interest of miners.
- Forbes Analyst Expects Bitcoin (BTC) At $2500, Awaits (Another) Awful Crash
- Clem Chambers, a markets analyst publishing to Forbes, recently released an article to the outlet's contributor network, explaining why Bitcoin (BTC) ...
- FATF: UK Crypto Exchanges Pose ‘Low’ Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing Risk
The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) revealed that crypto exchanges operating in the United Kingdom pose low money laundering (ML) and terrorist financing (TF) risks. The global standard setter for ML/TF published a report to evaluate the overall efforts that the UK has put in combating the money-related illegal activities. As the study touched on
- OKEx Crypto Exchange Lists Bitcoin Cash ABC Under Original Bitcoin Cash Ticker
- The Malta-based cryptocurrency exchange OKEx announced that it will list Bitcoin Cash ABC under the original Bitcoin Cash ticker BCH, according to ...
- Nigel Green: interest is growing but other cryptos could take over Bitcoin
- The CEO of investment firm deVere Group shared his analysis about the cryptocurrency market today in an interview with U.K.'s The Express.
553576 at 23:57
553575 at 23:41
553574 at 23:13
553573 at 22:54
553572 at 22:38
553571 at 22:22
553570 at 22:14
553569 at 22:13
553568 at 21:57
553567 at 21:56
553566 at 21:36
553565 at 21:25
553564 at 21:02
553563 at 20:20
553562 at 20:18
553561 at 20:11
553560 at 19:52
553559 at 19:49
553558 at 19:47
553557 at 19:44
553556 at 19:44
553555 at 19:43
553554 at 19:41
553553 at 19:16
553552 at 19:11
553551 at 19:08
553550 at 19:06
553549 at 19:01
553548 at 19:00
553547 at 18:23
553546 at 18:22
553545 at 18:01
553544 at 17:33
553543 at 17:26
553542 at 17:17
553541 at 17:02
553540 at 16:58
553539 at 16:54
553538 at 16:28
553537 at 16:13
553536 at 16:12
553535 at 15:29
553534 at 15:22
553533 at 15:06
553532 at 14:31
553531 at 14:19
553530 at 14:19
553529 at 14:03
553528 at 13:55
553527 at 13:51
553526 at 13:37
553525 at 13:28
553524 at 12:48
553523 at 12:34
553522 at 12:10
553521 at 11:58
553520 at 11:48
553519 at 11:42
553518 at 11:38
553517 at 11:27
553516 at 11:05
553515 at 10:30
553514 at 10:28
553513 at 09:49
553512 at 09:34
553511 at 09:08
553510 at 09:07
553509 at 08:54
553508 at 08:49
553507 at 08:37
553506 at 08:21
553505 at 08:14
553504 at 08:12
553503 at 08:10
553502 at 07:40
553501 at 07:40
553500 at 07:26
553499 at 07:23
553498 at 06:57
553497 at 06:49
553496 at 06:43
553495 at 06:33
553494 at 06:30
553493 at 06:15
553492 at 05:58
553491 at 05:49
553490 at 05:46
553489 at 05:38
553488 at 05:37
553487 at 05:19
553486 at 05:18
553485 at 05:02
553484 at 04:51
553483 at 04:15
553482 at 04:14
553481 at 04:06
553480 at 03:43
553479 at 03:39
553478 at 03:32
553477 at 03:30
553476 at 03:22
553475 at 03:21
553474 at 03:13
553473 at 03:01
553472 at 02:46
553471 at 02:34
553470 at 02:32
553469 at 02:11
553468 at 02:00
553467 at 01:51
553466 at 01:50
553465 at 01:43
553464 at 00:59
553463 at 00:59
553462 at 00:55
553461 at 00:51
553460 at 00:36
553459 at 00:36
553458 at 00:11
553457 at 00:00