Closing price: $3886.305 Powered by Coindesk
- Bitcoin WARNING: Is a New Year HEADACHE coming for BTC? – Analysis
- Basically, if the engines do not have the power then 'up' very quickly becomes 'down'. Right now, bitcoin is resembling a supersonic jet packing ...
- Bitcoin’s 10th Anniversary Hard Fork: myGeNomeCoin Generation
This is a paid-for submitted press release. CCN does not endorse, nor is responsible for any material included below and isn’t responsible for any damages or losses connected with any products or services mentioned in the press release. CCN urges readers to conduct their own research with due diligence into the company, product or service mentioned
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Analysis – December 21
- Bitcoin price is ranging at the $4,000 price level after facing resistance at that level. If the bulls sustain the price above $4,000 and overcome the initial ...
- Small portion of Bonner Bitcoin bill approved for TIF dollars
- At that time, the Bonner facility was the largest Bitcoin mining operation in the nation, and they hadn't realized how loud 424 fans would be, he said.
- Bitcoin review: Blythe Masters resigns... Cypherpunk legend dies
- 17: Bitcoin — the world's largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization — was trading at $3,230. That's down 83.5 percent from the record high of ...
- Bubble burst of the year: Bitcoin
- Around this time last year there was hardly a braai in SA at which a conversation about bitcoin wasn't taking place. It was an understandable frenzy.
- JPMorgan Has Issued A 'Dramatic' Warning Over Bitcoin Markets
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrency markets are about to end a difficult year that has wiped some 80% from the value of bitcoin and even more from some of its ...
- Wyoming County Moves to Put Land Records on Blockchain
- Medici Land Governance, a subsidiary of Overstock, signed a memorandum of understanding with Teton County, Wyoming, to digitize property titles.
- Analyst: 25% Recovery In Bitcoin Price Was A “Zombie Rally”
- Over the past week, as the holiday season has drawn ever nearer, Bitcoin (BTC) and its crypto asset brethren have started to see a drastic uptick in ...
- Nouriel Roubini takes hit on Bitcoin [BTC] and others; focuses on 4800 pump and dump schemes
- In a recent tweet by Dr. Doom aka Nouriel Roubini, the veteran economist wrote that digital assets and the cryptocurrency market contain the ...
- What the hell happened to crypto this year?
- Bitcoin–and the cryptocurrency industry as a whole–plunged this year, after a gravity-defying surge in recent years. The price of the digital coin hit ...
- How Bakkt Could Affect the Bitcoin Price Unlike Existing Futures Markets
- Bakkt, a Bitcoin futures market operated by ICE, the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), is close to receiving a green light from ...
- Bitcoin Difficulty Drops Over 7%
- Bitcoin's mining difficulty has dropped more than 7 percent over the past 24 hours as the fallout of the prolonged market rout continues. Despite a ...
- Futures contract to pay out in Bitcoin
- The first futures contract, launched by the Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE:ICE), that will pay out in cryptocurrency rather than cash is expected to ...
- You May Be Using Bitcoin to Buy Your Pumpkin Spice Latte Sooner Than You Think
- You may soon be able to pay for your daily Starbucks fix with Bitcoin—at least if Silicon Valley has its way. Despite cryptocurrencies' fading appeal for ...
- Bitcoin Holds Above $4000 As Upwards Momentum Stalls
- Bitcoin has been able to hold above $4,000 following its recent upwards swing that sent it up nearly 30% from its recently established 2018 lows.
- Bermuda Issues Draft Cryptocurrency Custody Rules
The financial services regulator of Bermuda, the Bermuda Monetary Authority (BMA), is inviting comments on a draft Code of Practice for Digital Asset Custody that it has released. The purpose of the code of practice is to offer protection to the public while clarifying the expectations of the authority with regards to digital assets custody.
- What 460 Million Bitcoin Addresses Tell us About the State of Cryptocurrencies
- Amid the constant price fluctuations, project updates and news about regulations, it's hard to tell exactly how well the process of bitcoin adoption is ...
- Executives at Korean Crypto Exchange UPbit Indicted for Fraud
- Three executives of UPbit, one of South Korea’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges, have been formally charged by the country’s prosecutors.
- Brazilian Supermarket Chain Starts Accepting Cryptocurrency Payments
Oásis Supermercados, a Brazilian supermarket chain located in Rio de Janeiro, has recently started accepting cryptocurrency payments after asking a local exchange for information, and training its employees on how to do it. According to local news outlet Portal do Bitcoin, the chain’s clients in Rio de Janeiro will now be able to pay for
- Bitcoin Price 2019: Industry Insiders Predict BTC's Future
- Now, sitting at around $4,000 and at the curtain call of the shocker that was 2018, many connected to the Bitcoin space are starting to look forward to ...
- Understanding Bitcoin in Kenya during the Festive Season
- Bitcoin concept was conceived barely a decade ago, and it remains as one of the most misunderstood yet widely known cryptocurrency. Reluctance to ...
- Miner Maker Ebang Reports ‘Significant’ Profit Drop in New IPO Filing
- Crypto miner maker Ebang has refiled its draft IPO prospectus in Hong Kong, indicating a downturn in business in Q3.
- Facebook Developing Cryptocurrency for WhatsApp Transfers Amidst Another Privacy Scandal
According to sources, Facebook is developing a cryptocurrency that would enable money transfers to be done through its messaging app WhatsApp. As stated in the publication by Bloomberg, the company is working on a stablecoin pegged to the US Dollar to minimize volatility. Unfortunately for Facebook, the wave of exposed privacy breaches and violations that
- Bitcoin [BTC/USD] Technical Analysis: Cryptocurrency braves the bear wind as prices holds above ...
- Popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin [BTC], XRP and Ethereum [ETH] all saw surges that held on for a week, with double-digit rises becoming a ...
- Grin and Beam: A Tale of Two Coins Being Built on Mimblewimble
- Mimblewimble is about to go live – not in one, but in two new cryptocurrency implementations.
- HMRC Releases Tax Guidelines on Digital Assets
Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, the tax agency for the United Kingdom, has released a set of guidelines that are to guide crypto investors on how to make tax payments and how they should see their digital assets. The updated guidelines were drafted to help token holders to meet their taxation obligations by bringing clarity
- Wall Street Journal Suggests Method for Lowering Bitcoin (BTC) Taxes
- Bitcoin (BTC), Cryptocurrency, WSJ–While the falling crypto marketplace throughout 2018 has hurt investor wallets, it may provide some relief come ...
- South Korean Bitcoin Exchange Upbit Denies Fraud Allegations as Executives are Formally Charged
South Korea’s top financial regulator has formally filed fraud charges against executives of one of the Asian country’s biggest cryptocurrency exchanges. Three senior executives of Upbit including the founder Song Chi-Hyung were charged with making fraudulent transactions between September and December last year by prosecutors in Seoul, according to nocutnews. Specifically, the senior Upbit executives
- Bitcoin price prediction: Bull got tired, but $4000 still defended - Confluence Detector
- Bitcoin hovers around $4,000 after a short-lived dip to $3,900 during European hours. The digital coin No.1 has been consolidating gains on Friday ...
- After Bitcoin Rallies 18%, Industry Insiders Weigh in on a Bull Run and Crypto’s Next Turn
Cryptocurrency investors can take a cautious sigh of relief after the crypto market valuation gained nearly $33 billion dollars in just three days, with Bitcoin rising 18% against the US dollar and topping $4,000. According to cryptocurrency trader and economist Alex Krüger, the run-up is a brief respite from the plunging price of Bitcoin and not […]
- Civil-Backed News Site Stores Full Article on Ethereum Blockchain
- Journalist-owned news site Popula has stored an entire U.S. news article on the ethereum blockchain, permanently archiving the story.
- Bitcoin price 2019 prediction: Forecasters REVEAL five BTC price scenarios - $0 to $36000
- Bitcoin trading is in the green today, with prices at 2pm GMT (UTC) hovering around the £ 3,163.12 ($4,000) price point. At 2.13pm GMT bitcoin ...
- This Price Chart Indicates Bitcoin’s Bulls Are Back in Business
- Bitcoin is looking increasingly bullish on a key technical chart following its strong move above $4,000.
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Analysis: Bulls Keep Buying on Dips
- Bitcoin continues to trend higher as it broke through another near-term resistance level to test $4,300. This area is holding as resistance, so price ...
- Bitcoin [BTC] Futures Contracts get a green signal from the regulatory authorities
- Bitcoin Daily Futures contract is reportedly getting a green signal from the authorities which have been a much-awaited Bitcoin Futures that is being ...
- Bitcoin Rally Shouldn't Excite the Bulls Yet, Trend Still Bearish
- The Bitcoin price appears to have bottomed out near the $3,000-level after falling more than 80% this year. The digital currency at press time is trading ...
- Price Watch: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP) and EOS Price Analysis 21st December
- Bitcoin price started a solid rebound and broke the $3,760 and $4,000 resistances. BTC/USD remains supported on dips and it could move further ...
- Chart: The myth of bitcoin as a safe haven was shattered this year
- There was an argument made a couple of years ago that bitcoin, with its self-regulating blockchain that is independent from the modern financial ...
- US To Provide Regulatory Clarity On Crypto: Token Recovery In Sight?
According to a report released by Kate Rooney, a markets reporter at CNBC, two congressmen — Warren Davidson and Darren Soto — are preparing a bipartisan bill to exclude crypto from the country’s securities law. The bill, entitled “Token Taxonomy Act,” is set to be introduced to the House in the months to come in
- Ohio’s Bitcoin Tax Payment Plan Is a Gimmicky ‘PR Stunt,’ Say Skeptics
Ohio’s recent decision to allow businesses to pay taxes using bitcoin has fueled criticism that the move is a gimmicky “PR stunt” that’s impractical and unsustainable. Skeptics say bitcoin’s volatile price fluctuations and the lack of mass merchant adoption makes crypto an unsuitable method of payment, the Detroit Free Press reported. “The Ohio announcement is
- The memes that captured South Korea's 2018, from bitcoin pain to North Korean cold noodles
- This year will undoubtedly be remembered in South Korea as the year when its neighbor to the north—and sworn enemy—came in from the cold and ...
- Crypto Firms Merge to Build Software for Institutional Investors
- In a bid to provide services for institutional investors, investor tools provider Picks & Shovels is merging with crypto accounting startup CoinVantage.
- Bitcoin price RISES: BTC breaks $4000 - Is Bitcoin rebounding?
- Bitcoin soared by 26 percent to $4,057 on Friday from $3,210 last Thursday, according to CoinMarketCap. The cryptocurrency's recent rally comes ...
- Bitcoin Cash's 180% Bounce Looks Like a Dead Cat
- After hitting a year's low of about $3,143, down about 80 percent from January highs, Bitcoin has risen 27 percent this week. Short-sellers are closing ...
- Bakkt Bitcoin-Settled Futures Set To Be Approved in Early 2019
- Bakkt, a platform for the first-ever Bitcoin-settled futures contract, is expected to be approved by the United States Commodity Futures Trading ...
- Beat The Taxman On Your Bullish Bitcoin Bet
- A year ago, Bitcoin (BTC) was trading at about $17,000. If you bought in then, you are sitting on a big loss. If you believe BTC is a screaming buy, why ...
- How Much Steam Is Left In The Christmas Crypto Rally?
Many had predicted a year end Santa rally for Bitcoin and crypto markets. It appears that this has kicked in over the past few days as most cryptos are making daily gains. The big question however is how long will this rally last? Bitcoin Santa Rally Welcomed but Cautioned A gain of 25% in less...
- Bitcoin [BTC]'s bounce back is not surprising, says Coinbase COO
- Bitcoin [BTCT] seems to have made it on Santa's good list as the cryptocurrency has risen by nearly a $1,000 within a short span. The coin, which had ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis Dec 21: BTC Uptrend Intact, Can Buyers Hold This?
- Bitcoin price gained traction and broke the $4,000 and $4,080 resistances recently against the US Dollar. BTC/USD is currently consolidating and it ...
- Huobi-Backed BHEX Launches Blue Helix Token (BHT)
CCN spoke to James Ju, the CEO of the new Blue Helix Exchange (BHEX) and former CTO of Huobi Global. Blue Helix is an exchange which is pushing toward a decentralized topology in a regulator-friendly manner. They raised $15 million from institutional investors including Huobi and OKEx by selling equity about six months ago, and
- Out of 460 Million Bitcoin Addresses only 37% are Economically Relevant, What does that Mean?
- The bitcoin and cryptocurrency ecosystem is far and wide as it's 24/7 global economy. Literally anyone in the world can buy and hold bitcoin in 1 or ...
- Bitcoin price RALLY: Expert warns of 'unfinished business' as cryptocurrency bounces back
- Bitcoin price hit to $4,026.60 at 08:30 (GMT) on Friday, according to CoinDesk. The cryptocurrency saw its highest value before Christmas when it ...
- Why This Billionaire Investor is Betting on a Project Bringing Bitcoin Payments to Starbucks
- Billionaire investor and all-round cryptocurrency advocate Tim Draper has recently announced that he has invested in a Bitcoin payment processing ...
- The Crypto Winter Wasn’t the Real Story of 2018, and It Won’t Be for 2019 Either
- Eric Piscini, CEO of Citizens Reserve and Deloitte's former blockchain lead, outlines the key threads of 2018 and how they signal what's coming for 2019.
- UAE Finalizing ICO and Blockchain Regulations: Mid-2019 Target
The United Arab Emirates regulatory body has approved ICO tokens as securities and a completed framework will be available in the small middle eastern country in the middle of next year, according to a report in local news outlet TheNational.ae. Not only has the Securities and Commodities Authority committed to having a full regulatory framework
- Facebook to Develop its Own Stablecoin for Remittances: Report
- Social media giant Facebook is reportedly working to launch its own stablecoin for money transfers through its popular messaging app WhatsApp.
- Coinbase President: 2019 Will Be a Great Year For Crypto Institutional Investment
As Bitcoin (BTC) plummeted heading into December, investors thought that the visions of a Santa Claus rally were going to be quashed. Yet, in an unexpected turnaround, the crypto market at large has undergone a reversal, with BTC moving 25% higher in a week’s time. Speaking in the context of this seeming “relief rally,” Coinbase’s president,...
- Bitcoin From Space: Blockstream CSO Explains Its Satellite Services
- 17, which is being used to broadcast the Bitcoin blockchain to the Asia Pacific region, in addition to existing coverage over Africa, Europe, South and ...
- Bitcoin Cash [BCH] tops the weekly gainer list with 153% shoot up
- The price surge also enabled popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin [BTC], XRP and Bitcoin Cash to [BCH] to rise up to the top of the cryptocurrency ...
- Wall Street Journal Suggests 'Quick Sale, Repurchase' of Bitcoin 'May Lower Your Taxes'
- 21 by The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) has suggested investors should sell and then repurchase their Bitcoin (BTC) as a strategy to save on taxes.
- EUR/USD Future Outlook Points To A Short Term Pullback For Bitcoin (BTC)
- The long term outlook for EUR/USD and Bitcoin (BTC) is the same. If the Euro goes up, Bitcoin goes up and vice versa. Now, as we have seen in the ...
- Wealth Managers Are Buying Bitcoin and Crypto, but Won’t Advise Clients to Do the Same, Says Retail Brokerage CEO
Prash Puspanathan, CEO and founder of Caleb and Brown, one of Australia’s largest retail cryptocurrency brokerage firms by trading volume and number of clients, says dozens of financial advisors are using his service to purchase hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of cryptocurrency – while they offer no such advice to their clients. In an interview […]
- Bitcoin Price Rallied as Apple Flashed 'Death Cross'
- Meanwhile, the bitcoin price climbed more than 10% on December 20 ahead of a possible “Santa rally,” as Coinbase president Asiff Hirji suggested.
- ‘It’s Not Surprising’ the Market Is Recovering Says Coinbase President Asiff Hirji
Not the Christmas run we expected, but bitcoin has continued to rise, despite a bearish run that saw prices crash from $5,000 to an all-time low of $3,200. Asiff Hirji President of U.S. crypto exchange Coinbase said the current recovery is not surprising and the run should continue into the next year. Speaking with CNBC’s
- Bitcoin (BTC) Difficulty Drops Another 7%
- Bitcoin (BTC) will be easier to acquire for miners, as the network had another downward difficulty adjustment for the latest recalculation period.
- Lack of Widespread Crypto Knowledge Could be Stunting the Market’s Growth
2018 has been a rough year for the crypto markets, with Bitcoin, the market’s largest digital asset by market cap, falling from highs of nearly $20,000 one year ago to recently established lows of just over $3,000. The tumultuous market conditions throughout 2018 have disheartened many investors and has led the industry as a whole to...
- VC : Bitcoin Institutional Infrastructure Only Getting Stronger, Look at Yale
Spencer Bogart, a partner at major cryptocurrency venture capital firm Blockchain Capital, said that the institutional sector of Bitcoin is only getting stronger. Although the valuation of the cryptocurrency market has dropped by 85 percent since achieving $816 billion in January, with the involvement of Nasdaq, Fidelity, NYSE, Bakkt, and large financial institution, the venture
- Bloomberg: Facebook's Bitcoin rival will be used for WhatsApp money transfers
- At the time, we wondered whether Facebook was developing its own Bitcoin rival — a cryptocurrency that could be used inside its own products.
- Cryptocurrency Market Update: Bitcoin Cash Doubles in Three Days
- A rare green Friday for crypto markets; Bitcoin Cash and SV are on a charge, Tron and Iota following. It makes a change to see markets in the green on ...
- Study: Asia Has More Impact on Bitcoin Price Than America and Europe
- With events like SEC approval for Bitcoin ETFs and the introduction of cryptocurrency derivatives, it is easy to imagine the market being driven by news ...
- Bitcoin Price Watch: BTC Breaks $4000, Trend Overwhelmingly Bullish
- Bitcoin price broke the key $4,000 resistance and later corrected lower against the US Dollar. BTC is in an uptrend and dips remain supported near ...
- US Lawmakers Seek Sanctions Against Iran’s Cryptocurrency Efforts
- A bill introduced this week in Congress takes a hard line on Iran's efforts to develop its own sovereign cryptocurrency.
- Coinbase CEO Armstrong Pledges to Give Crypto Wealth to Charitable Causes
- Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong has joined other super-wealthy individuals in pledging to donate much of his net-worth to philanthropic causes.
- Bitcoin Found Solid Bottom at $3K But Not Ready to Break $5K Yet
Since December 17, within four days, the Bitcoin price recovered from $3,181 to $4,073 by 28 percent on most major fiat-to-crypto exchanges. But, on a 30-day basis, the value of the dominant cryptocurrency still remains down about nine percent from $4,400 and still has to surpass resistance levels above the $4,400 mark to confirm a
- Make The Most of Your Failed Bitcoin Gamble: Sell Now
- Almost the only good thing about investing in cryptocurrencies in 2018 was the tax break. These assets have been crushed this year. Bitcoin's price ...
- Coinbase Expands Trading Platform Across Six Additional European Markets
Coinbase has announced news it has launched its services across six additional European markets as part of an aggressive expansion. The market-leading crypto exchange is planning a more aggressive approach in 2019 by pushing the boundaries in exciting new global markets. The San Francisco-based crypto exchange is expanding its trading platform to new markets in
- Bitcoin Price Uptrend Exhausts ahead of $4500 Reclaim
- Bitcoin price on Friday corrected 5% from its intraday high at $4,172, hinting that the ongoing uptrend is close to exhaustion. The Bitcoin-to-Dollar pair ...
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Bitcoin SV (BSV) go to the stratosphere, and it's not the end
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and its blood brother Bitcoin CV defy gravity today. Both coins are the market leaders gaining 32% and 21% respectively since this ...
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, EOS, Litecoin, Bitcoin SV, TRON, Cardano: Price ...
- Bitcoin Cash has a history of sharp rallies and it was once again validated when it rallied more than 225 percent from a low of $73.5 on Dec. 15 to an ...
554829 at 23:52
554828 at 23:47
554827 at 23:26
554826 at 23:25
554825 at 23:11
554824 at 23:10
554823 at 22:55
554822 at 22:54
554821 at 22:45
554820 at 22:37
554819 at 22:32
554818 at 22:20
554817 at 22:14
554816 at 22:09
554815 at 22:08
554814 at 21:53
554813 at 21:25
554812 at 21:12
554811 at 21:06
554810 at 21:03
554809 at 20:41
554808 at 20:33
554807 at 20:32
554806 at 20:28
554805 at 20:26
554804 at 20:25
554803 at 20:14
554802 at 20:08
554801 at 20:00
554800 at 19:55
554799 at 19:48
554798 at 19:41
554797 at 19:36
554796 at 19:29
554795 at 19:14
554794 at 19:02
554793 at 18:54
554792 at 18:37
554791 at 18:17
554790 at 18:11
554789 at 18:06
554788 at 17:45
554787 at 17:32
554786 at 17:28
554785 at 17:25
554784 at 16:52
554783 at 16:50
554782 at 16:41
554781 at 16:21
554780 at 16:20
554779 at 16:04
554778 at 16:00
554777 at 15:45
554776 at 15:41
554775 at 15:13
554774 at 15:11
554773 at 15:01
554772 at 14:56
554771 at 14:47
554770 at 14:42
554769 at 14:38
554768 at 14:32
554767 at 14:23
554766 at 14:08
554765 at 14:07
554764 at 13:31
554763 at 13:27
554762 at 12:43
554761 at 12:32
554760 at 12:25
554759 at 12:16
554758 at 12:11
554757 at 12:07
554756 at 11:59
554755 at 11:47
554754 at 11:30
554753 at 11:14
554752 at 11:08
554751 at 11:00
554750 at 10:45
554749 at 10:40
554748 at 10:37
554747 at 10:12
554746 at 10:09
554745 at 10:05
554744 at 09:46
554743 at 09:14
554742 at 09:10
554741 at 08:47
554740 at 08:34
554739 at 08:24
554738 at 08:20
554737 at 07:53
554736 at 07:40
554735 at 07:29
554734 at 07:16
554733 at 07:14
554732 at 07:12
554731 at 07:02
554730 at 06:57
554729 at 06:41
554728 at 06:23
554727 at 06:19
554726 at 06:15
554725 at 05:58
554724 at 05:57
554723 at 04:47
554722 at 04:28
554721 at 04:27
554720 at 04:24
554719 at 04:18
554718 at 04:11
554717 at 04:06
554716 at 03:30
554715 at 03:22
554714 at 03:15
554713 at 03:09
554712 at 03:07
554711 at 03:04
554710 at 02:57
554709 at 02:32
554708 at 02:19
554707 at 02:18
554706 at 02:17
554705 at 02:05
554704 at 01:57
554703 at 01:54
554702 at 01:16
554701 at 00:46
554700 at 00:45
554699 at 00:43
554698 at 00:36
554697 at 00:32
554696 at 00:32
554695 at 00:26
554694 at 00:24
554693 at 00:15
554692 at 00:12
554691 at 00:12
554690 at 00:07