Closing price: $3987.8817 Powered by Coindesk
- ConsenSys CEO Joseph Lubin on Layoffs: ‘Sky’s Not Falling, Future Is Very Bright’
Ethereum co-founder Joseph Lubin says the future of the crypto industry is so bright he has to wear shades, and called a bottom to the current bear market. “Peeking into 2019, if you could see the landscape through my eyes, you’d have to wear shades,” Lubin gushed in a lengthy tweetstorm (see below). Lubin —
- Bitcoin Price to $17K in 2020, Says 'Unorthodox' Mining Difficulty Prediction
- An 'unorthodox prediction' of mining difficulty increases puts the bitcoin price somewhere around $17,000 in 2020 — due to the possible power law ...
- Top 5 Crypto Performers Overview: Bitcoin Cash, IOTA, TRON, Bitcoin SV, DASH
- Bitcoin Cash saw massive buying over the week. It turned out to be the best performing cryptocurrency by a huge margin. The surge helped it climb ...
- Target, Walmart See Steep Losses, UK Retailers ‘Smashed to Pieces’
Over the past two months, despite the expectations of increased sales during the Christmas season, major retailers such as Target and Walmart have continued to record large losses. Since November 9, the share price of Walmart has dropped from $105 to $87, by more than 17 percent, a steep loss for the largest retailer in
- Is Coinbase “the enemy” of bitcoin?
- Coinbase had a lot of fluff in these 12 days with couple of substantial updates, most of which maddened bitcoin maximalists. Coinbase announced ...
- Bitcoin Price Weekly Analysis: BTC Primed To Test $5000
- Bitcoin price is placed in an uptrend above $3,580 against the US Dollar. BTC/USD is likely to extend the current bullish wave towards $4,500 or ...
- Bitcoin Commerce (bComm) Association: 2019 to Focus on Business, Scaling and Utility
- Jimmy Nguyen, the bComm Association's Founding President, has a holiday message for the Bitcoin community: "After November's contentious hard ...
- Argentina Gets 7 New Bitcoin ATMs For Christmas
- Argentina ends the year on a Bitcoin high, as Athena Bitcoin Argentina rolls out seven Bitcoin ATMs (BATMs) with more to come. This now makes it the ...
- Bitcoin recovers today reaching above $4000 again
- After reaching a high of $4,160 on December 20th, Bitcoin appears to be pulling back somewhat perhaps consolidating before it makes a further move ...
- This Kid Has Been Begging For A Bitcoin For Over 15,000 Tweets
Begging in the Bitcoin world is nothing new. Go to any gambling site or even some exchange troll boxes, and you will find people asking for Bitcoin. Look at any Tweet by a major Bitcoin personality, and you will find people asking for Bitcoin. Go to any forum, Reddit related to cryptocurrency, or anything else
- Bitcoin Sports Books: Chicago Bears and LA Rams Favored Today
According to BitcoinsOddsChecker, the various online Bitcoin sports books which offer odds on NFL games are favoring the Chicago Bears, the LA Rams, and the Denver Broncos the most. Some gamblers may have taken the odds on the Bills prior to the match as a gift from heaven, banking on the New England Patriots having
- Travis Kling: “Significant Chance” That Crypto Will Outperform Everything In 2019
While many poke fun at the performance of crypto in 2018, global macro markets have begun to falter. Since reaching a year-to-date high in early-September, the Nasdaq, the world’s second-largest stock exchange, has seen its index collapse by 22%. Nasdaq’s index, which houses the publicly-traded stocks of tech powerhouses, namely Alphabet (Google), Amazon, and Apple,...
- Why I wouldn't bother with Bitcoin after the FTSE 100's recent stock market crash
- While the FTSE 100 has experienced a difficult 2018, it pales in comparison to the year that Bitcoin has had. It has dropped by over 80%, which is a far ...
- Bitcoin Above $4000 Again as Top Cryptocurrencies See Gains Across the Board
- 23 — all of the top 20 cryptocurrencies are seeing moderate gains, with Bitcoin's (BTC) price going above $4,000 again, according to CoinMarketCap ...
- Number of Reachable Bitcoin Nodes Fell 19% in 2018
Data from Bitnodes shows that the number of reachable nodes on the bitcoin blockchain fell 18.98 percent in 2018 from 11,845 to 9,597. In the same period, the number of unreachable nodes also fell 33 percent from 98,000 to 65,500. To understand the significance of the data, it is helpful to establish the functions of
- Bitcoin Price Recovers as Dow Suffers Worst Week in a Decade
- The latest equity market data makes for pretty grim reading for conventional equity traders, as it shows that the Dow Jones Industrial Average has ...
- Wall Street Quietly Shelves Its Bitcoin Dreams
- “The market had unrealistic expectations that Goldman or any of its peers could suddenly start a Bitcoin trading business,” said Daniel H. Gallancy, ...
- Prominent Investor: 2018 Was The “Most Successful Year” For Bitcoin
- Many analysts, including former Bitcoin (BTC) short seller Mark Dow, look at the price of cryptocurrencies to determine the health of their underlying ...
- Bitcoin Cash – ABC, Litecoin and Ripple Daily Analysis – 23/12/18
- Bitcoin Cash ABC gained 1.76% on Saturday, reversing a 0.62% fall from Friday, to end the day at $195.96. A bullish start to the day saw Bitcoin Cash ...
- Bitcoin Price's Steady March Upwards for 2019 Could See Bakkt and US Congress as Top Catalysts
- This rally was helped somewhat by Bitcoin's success if pushing past its initially static value of under $4,000. Finally succeeding in resting just above it.
- Spot Develops New Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Portfolio App
- There's a new app for cryptocurrency holders to track their portfolios of digital assets across multiple exchanges and addresses. Spot has developed a ...
- What’s Next for Crypto Miners?
After the high note with which crypto ended 2017, 2018 has been a dour reminder that crypto markets remain unpredictable at best. From its peak at nearly $20,000 in December, bitcoin spent most of 2018 in a steady decline. Today, bitcoin’s price is closer to $3,000, and the tumble has caused a ripple effect that
- Bitcoin (BTC) Long-term Price Analysis – December 23
- Bitcoin's price has seen a notable swing upward against the trend line of its 14-day SMA on December 17, after dropping below it on November 14.
- Bitcoin (BTC) Corrects Over the $4k Level But Needs More Traction for A Sustainable Breakout
- This year has been really bearish on Bitcoin (BTC) and other digital currencies in the market. It is one of the worst years the digital currency space has ...
- Understanding Bitcoin and blockchain
- But, after the dust settled, it left many scratching their heads about what Bitcoin is. For those who understand how to use it, Bitcoin can be traded ...
- 5 Bitcoin Price Predictions Gone Wrong
- Even so, many Bitcoin predictions turn out on the wrong side. Here is a list of Bitcoin price predictions that failed to meet their targets for 2018.
- From Bitcoin to Bakkt to BitPay, What Crypto Delivered in 2018
- 2018 marked one of the toughest years in the cryptocurrency world. Bitcoin, Ripple, and Ethereum lost over 80% of their value in less than 12 months.
- Cryptocurrency's Christmas Rally Could Indicate Bitcoin's Independence from US Stock Market
- One of the oldest questions in cryptocurrency is whether Bitcoin is tethered to the performance of the overall stock market. The current crypto market ...
- Bitcoin: Reclaims mount 4k but for this breakout, $4200 is the line in the sand
- Bitcoin, the poster boy of crypto world, is giving signs of breakiing out of the cup and handle pattern formation as mentioned by this author in ...
- New US Chief Of Staff Is Pro-Bitcoin, Believes Governments Can't Manipulate
- Adding that no single entity could do the same in the case of a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin which he considered not manipulatable by any government.
- Next CME Bitcoin Futures Settle on December 28: Upcoming Price Action?
- Next week will see another round of Bitcoin futures expire and settle on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME). Even though the CME Bitcoin ...
- Six New Cryptocurrency ATM Machines Installed Every Day in 2018
Although it has been a sketchy year for crypto in terms of price fluctuations, the number of cryptocurrency ATM machines in the world has doubled in 2018 to over 4,000. Crypto prices might be up and down quicker than a manic depressive, but wider adoption gets closer and closer. The figures come from data published
- Report: Wall Street Is Getting Cold Feet on Bitcoin as Crypto Crash Continues
- Bitcoin at one point closed in on the $3,000 price mark, well below both its peak of nearly $20,000 in 2017 and a so-called “floor” of $6,000. And now ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Retests $4000 In Slightly Green Crypto Market
- Finally, after a multi-month downtrend, the crypto market at large breathed a sigh of relief over the past days. In one week, Bitcoin (BTC) has found legs ...
- Launch of Bakkt Physical Bitcoin Futures Likely Delayed Further from Government Shutdown
- The crypto space has been greatly anticipating the launch of physical Bitcoin futures on Bakkt. However, the original launch date of Dec. 12, 2018, was ...
- Atlas Quantum CEO Says Access and Transparency Will Change All People’s Lives
Rodrigo Marques is the CEO and founder of Atlas Quantum, Latin America’s largest cryptocurrency investment platform. In fact, it’s Latin America’s largest cryptocurrency company, period. And he’s on a mission to make it a top five global one by 2020. I caught up with Rodrigo at Web Summit in Lisbon to find out more about
- Will Bitcoin [BTC] Reverse After a Bullish Week?
- This week marked the first significant surge for the price of Bitcoin since extremely bearish conditions overcame the market in mid-November. The rise ...
- Being Bitcoin [BTC]-centric did not prove viable for us, says Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong
- The major highlight of the surge was Bitcoin [BTC]'s breach above the $4000 mark, a phenomenon that also resulted in rank changes on the ...
- What Happened to Dapps? (And 4 Other Big Questions for Ethereum in 2019)
- Ethereum may have caught the world's attention but it needs to answer fundamental questions before being able to deliver on its promise.
- Bloomberg: Wall Street Putting A Pause On Bitcoin Foray
- Yet, reports from Bloomberg have accentuated the fact that institutions are putting a pause on their Bitcoin efforts, presumably due to the downturn that ...
- A Look at 2018's Best and Worst Performing Cryptocurrencies
- Iota is up 67 percent, stratis 108 percent, and bitcoin cash 150 percent. It's an impressive recovery, but it's certainly not a reversal. Back in January ...
- Number of Reachable Bitcoin Nodes Dropped by 19% This Year
- According to the data collected from Bitnode, the total number of reachable Bitcoin nodes on the Blockchain fell by approximately 18.98% in 2018.
- Why Traders Say Volume Is Crypto Price Indicator of Choice
- CoinDesk explores why crypto traders believe volume to be one of the market's best indicators.
- Bitcoin [BTC/USD] Technical Analysis: Bull to succeed over bear's occasional threats
- After a long bullish run, the cryptocurrency market seems to be having a tough time keeping the bear out of the market. At the time of writing, Bitcoin ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis Dec.23: Same Range, Healthy But Fragile
- “For the shorter-term, we might see Bitcoin getting closer to the $4000 again, as the 4-hour chart's Stochastic RSI is about to cross over on the oversold ...
- Op-Ed: Does the Video Game Industry Really Need Blockchain?
No. You may have expected a different answer to come from a blockchain video game developer, but that’s the truth. Gaming does not need blockchain. In fact, there are a lot of great features that gaming doesn’t need. Games did just fine before online multiplayer was available, or before the quicksave option became popular –
- Bitcoin [BTC]'s price could continue to march upwards with Bakkt and US Congress as the main ...
- Market speculators believe that the price of Bitcoin is going to shatter all expectations and spike upwards soon, some remarking that the bull run has ...
- Binance adding Ripple's XRP as base pair would trigger long-wished decoupling from bitcoin
- It's paired with other two large coins, Bitcoin and Ethereum. However, a month-long clamor from XRP fans is not a fringe, low-volume exchange like ...
- Coinbase President on Bitcoin Rally and 200 Coins That Matter, Plus Ripple and XRP, Stellar, Tron ...
- From the current state of crypto innovation to Ripple's plan to revolutionize cross-border payments, here's a look at some of the stories breaking in the ...
- Bitcoin forecasters had an embarrassing 2018
- At the end of 2017, the price of bitcoin was on a tear. At one point in December, it rose to within a hair of $20,000, and though it moderated some after ...
- Bakkt Bitcoin Futures Face New Delay, Ethereum Rallies and Litecoin Founder Tackles Future of ...
- The launch of Bakkt's Bitcoin futures could be delayed, partly due to the holiday season. Staff workers at the Commodities Futures Trading ...
- Markets Update: Bitcoin Cash Gains More Than 140% This Week
- The phenomenal gains that bitcoin cash (BCH) had seen a few days ago have tapered a bit but BCH gained a whopping total of 140% for the week.
- Even As Cryptocurrency Prices Crash, Bitcoin Lightning Network Gets Massive Boom
- However, the Bitcoin Lightning Network has experienced tremendous growth during this same period. The network is providing scaling solutions like ...
- Everything You Need to Know to Start Trading Cryptocurrencies
- After acquiring your first bitcoins you might want to swap the digital asset for another token or test your luck for some quick profits with one of the many ...
- US Stock Market Chalks up Huge Weekly Losses, But Bitcoin & DXY Impress
- The US stock market posted huge losses ahead of the holiday close as investors absorbed the Federal Reserve's interest rate hike and a bunch of ...
- Begging for Bitcoin: user Tweets 15000 times asking for BTC
- One unbashful and determined Twitter user has been begging youtube star “Mr. Beast” for one bitcoin (BTC) for almost an entire year. 15,000 tweets ...
- Bitcoin Sports Books: Chicago Bears and LA Rams Favored Today
- According to BitcoinsOddsChecker, the various online Bitcoin sports books which offer odds on NFL games are favoring the Chicago Bears, the LA ...
- Reports Claim Investors Lost Homes as Bitcoin Crashed, Isn't the Stock Market the Same?
- Sky News, a British TV station and mainstream media outlet, reported that investors lost homes as the Bitcoin price crashed. But, the same argument ...
- Bitcoin Cash Is up 84% in Two Weeks in What Some Claim to Be a Dead Cat Bounce
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH), a cryptocurrency created through a hard fork of the Bitcoin (BTC) network in August of last year, has been rising at an impressive ...
- Bitcoin Hovers Near $4000 to Remain Stable while Majority of Top Crypto Coins See Green Arrows
- After a few weeks in which Bitcoin and virtual currencies did not stop falling, the market is showing some stability. Bitcoin (BTC) is currently traded ...
- Bearish on Tether? Bitfinex Adds USDT Margin Trading
Crypto trading platform Bitfinex has announced the opening of a margin trading service for the USDT/USD trading pair. According to the platform, the aim of the new service is to improve its stablecoin offering so as to remain consistent with market evolution and user demand. With immediate effect, traders will be able to carry out leveraged
- What Triggered Ethereum to Rise 66% Within 1 Week? Factors and Trends
Since December 16, within one week, the Ethereum price surged from $83 to $138, by just over 66 percent. Throughout the past week, Ethereum (ETH) has seen a record-high number of shorts on major cryptocurrency trading platforms in the likes of BitMEX and Bitfinex. As the price of Ethereum surged amidst a strong corrective rally
- Binance CEO ‘Very Confident’ in Cryptocurrency Industry’s Future
Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao (CZ) has expressed deep confidence in the prospects of cryptocurrency despite the challenging industry conditions that have defined most of 2018. Speaking during a conversation with “Bloomberg Daybreak: Middle East” hostsTracy Alloway and Yousef Gamal El-Din, he also stated that Binance intends to start off the new year “with a bang” in line
- Bitcoin Price Watch: Currency Testing $4200 Resistance Level
- Bitcoin gained nearly four percent on Saturday, nearly reversing its roughly six percent loss from Friday. It ended the day at under $4,100, but came ...
- Cryptocurrency and Taxes: How to Use 2018's Losses to Your Advantage
- As bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies enter the mainstream, tax reduction ... Also read: UK Investors to Pay Capital Gains and Income Tax on Bitcoin ...
- Bimain’s IPO Application in Doubt as Hong Kong Calls Crypto Industry ‘Immature’
Bitmain, the largest manufacturer of Bitcoin mining equipment, is experiencing something of a rough patch, as Hong Kong’s stock market overseers might be reluctant to approve the initial public offering (IPO) application of the company, given their stated concerns about the lack of a proper regulatory framework that can govern the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
555180 at 23:55
555179 at 23:42
555178 at 23:39
555177 at 23:38
555176 at 23:34
555175 at 23:34
555174 at 23:15
555173 at 23:13
555172 at 22:45
555171 at 22:39
555170 at 22:39
555169 at 22:36
555168 at 22:16
555167 at 22:12
555166 at 22:07
555165 at 22:06
555164 at 22:01
555163 at 22:00
555162 at 22:00
555161 at 21:58
555160 at 21:57
555159 at 21:55
555158 at 21:49
555157 at 21:35
555156 at 21:26
555155 at 21:14
555154 at 21:00
555153 at 20:52
555152 at 20:12
555151 at 20:11
555150 at 20:10
555149 at 20:03
555148 at 19:58
555147 at 19:57
555146 at 19:53
555145 at 19:41
555144 at 19:14
555143 at 18:52
555142 at 18:35
555141 at 18:25
555140 at 18:25
555139 at 18:23
555138 at 18:19
555137 at 18:04
555136 at 17:51
555135 at 17:48
555134 at 17:42
555133 at 17:30
555132 at 17:17
555131 at 17:14
555130 at 16:58
555129 at 16:52
555128 at 16:48
555127 at 16:47
555126 at 16:40
555125 at 16:33
555124 at 16:32
555123 at 16:03
555122 at 15:54
555121 at 15:53
555120 at 15:53
555119 at 15:53
555118 at 15:43
555117 at 15:29
555116 at 15:06
555115 at 14:56
555114 at 14:51
555113 at 14:50
555112 at 14:30
555111 at 14:29
555110 at 14:22
555109 at 14:21
555108 at 14:07
555107 at 14:04
555106 at 14:04
555105 at 14:01
555104 at 13:59
555103 at 13:57
555102 at 13:42
555101 at 13:42
555100 at 13:41
555099 at 13:40
555098 at 13:36
555097 at 13:33
555096 at 13:09
555095 at 12:54
555094 at 12:41
555093 at 12:20
555092 at 12:17
555091 at 12:14
555090 at 11:58
555089 at 11:52
555088 at 11:47
555087 at 11:44
555086 at 11:40
555085 at 11:38
555084 at 11:23
555083 at 11:20
555082 at 11:20
555081 at 11:04
555080 at 10:59
555079 at 10:46
555078 at 10:41
555077 at 10:33
555076 at 10:19
555075 at 10:18
555074 at 10:13
555073 at 09:57
555072 at 09:54
555071 at 09:14
555070 at 09:09
555069 at 08:57
555068 at 08:56
555067 at 08:51
555066 at 08:32
555065 at 08:29
555064 at 08:16
555063 at 08:16
555062 at 08:14
555061 at 08:04
555060 at 08:03
555059 at 07:55
555058 at 07:39
555057 at 07:34
555056 at 07:32
555055 at 07:31
555054 at 07:31
555053 at 07:14
555052 at 07:11
555051 at 07:06
555050 at 07:06
555049 at 07:02
555048 at 06:59
555047 at 06:44
555046 at 06:33
555045 at 06:30
555044 at 06:22
555043 at 06:22
555042 at 06:22
555041 at 06:10
555040 at 06:05
555039 at 06:00
555038 at 05:51
555037 at 05:41
555036 at 05:40
555035 at 05:37
555034 at 05:27
555033 at 05:13
555032 at 05:06
555031 at 05:05
555030 at 04:55
555029 at 04:45
555028 at 04:40
555027 at 04:24
555026 at 03:56
555025 at 03:52
555024 at 03:47
555023 at 03:44
555022 at 03:18
555021 at 03:02
555020 at 02:47
555019 at 02:46
555018 at 02:28
555017 at 02:27
555016 at 02:14
555015 at 02:04
555014 at 02:02
555013 at 01:37
555012 at 01:02
555011 at 00:55
555010 at 00:50
555009 at 00:43
555008 at 00:39
555007 at 00:28
555006 at 00:26
555005 at 00:24