Closing price: $3937.05 Powered by Coindesk
- EXCLUSIVE: Mystery '8 Whale' Moves 5% of Total Bitcoin Supply in the Past Month
- A new Bitcoin mystery has emerged. 848,000 BTC or almost 5 percent of the total supply, is contained within 106 addresses, each one holding exactly ...
- Cryptos fall $5 billion as Bitcoin is motionless in a range – Confluence Detector
- Bitcoin is leading the retracement but some altcoin like Ripple's XRP and Bitcoin Cash are following closely. The bears have wiped off at least $5 ...
- (+) Tron Price Analysis: Momentum Slows Despite Strong Fundamental Activity
- Craig Wright Denied Attempt to Dismiss Lawsuit Over Billions in Bitcoin
- A U.S. court has denied crypto entrepreneur Craig Wright’s attempt to dismiss a lawsuit alleging he misappropriated at least 300,000 bitcoin.
- Bitcoin Artist Explains “Why Bitcoin Matters” Through New BTC Sculpture
- A sculptor inspired by Bitcoin has created a beautiful piece of artwork commemorating the financial and technological innovation. Each element of the ...
- BTC and Other Cryptos in the Red as CME Bitcoin Futures Expire Today, December 28th
- On Christmas Eve this year, Bitcoin (BTC) surprised many as its value rose by $200 in a few hours from around $3,990 to $4,271. Many crypto ...
- National Bank of Kuwait Taps Ripple for New Remittance Service
- National Bank of Kuwait has joined Ripple’s blockchain-based payments network seeking faster cross-border money transfers.
- Report: Bitcoin Conforms to Mainstream Markets, Strong Correlation with Gold
- A recent report in the Wall Street Journal details how Bitcoin is becoming an increasingly mainstream asset and is starting to develop strong ...
- There May Be (Some) Tax Relief Options if You Sold Your Bitcoin at a Loss
- For investors whose first time investing in bitcoin was in 2018 or after late 2017, there is a high likelihood that they have incurred substantial losses for ...
- Bitcoin Price Suddenly Spikes $300 to Avoid Retest of 2018 Low
- The price of bitcoin is up over $300 from today's low and now has its sight set on a key technical hurdle that, if surpassed, could spark a stronger rally, ...
- Electrum Wallet Phishing Attack Nets Hackers $900K in Bitcoin
- Hackers managed to steal close to $900,000 worth of Bitcoin from Electrum wallet users via a phishing attack. While the attacks seem to have come to ...
- Interdax Announces Testnet Launch and $100K Giveaway
This is a sponsored story. CCN urges readers to conduct their own research with due diligence into the company, product or service mentioned in the content below. After nearly a year and a half of development, International Digital Assets Exchange (Interdax) announced its upcoming launch in January. The trading platform will offer perpetual contracts of up
- Nvidia: Why Low Crypto Mining Demand Didn’t Cause Share Price Woes
Several reports over the past week have suggested that the stock price of Nvidia has dropped due to a drop in demand for crypto mining. Fool.com’s report, for instance, read: NVIDIA’s revenue growth is expected to drop into the single digits this quarter. The reason: weak demand for graphics cards. Cryptocurrency mining was a key
- Why Bitcoin Matters for Freedom
- Today, Venezuelans are adopting and experimenting with Bitcoin to evade hyperinflation and strict financial controls. Speculation, fraud, and greed in ...
- Time Magazine Lauds Bitcoin (BTC) As An Escape From Economic Control
- Mainstream media has become infamous for bashing Bitcoin (BTC). Over the asset's relatively short lifespan of ~10 years, prominent journalists (who ...
- Bitcoin Acceptance: The Changing Face of Mainstream Media Coverage
- In the decade of its existence, Bitcoin has been portrayed in the mainstream media in a number of radically different lights. In its earliest days, ...
- From “Obsolete” Blockchain to Bitcoin at $1 Mln: Predictions of 2018
- 2018 jumped right in with Bitcoin (BTC) hovering around $15,000 and investors being far too optimistic about the future of digital currencies. Some of ...
- 2019: The Year Digital Securities Offerings Become the New ICOs
- The ICO market may be waning, but a new way to tokenize assets is coming to Wall Street.
- Bitcoin Private [BTCP] considering hard fork to remove 2 million illegitimate coins in circulation
- Bitcoin Private [BTCP] has been surrounded by a controversy involving the creation of 2 million additional coins without disclosure in the project's ...
- Bitcoin Not Correlated With Stock Market, Fund Manager Says
- Anthony Pompliano maintains that Bitcoin shares no correlation with the traditional stock market. For the Morgan Creek Digital Assets chief, there is ...
- Bitcoin Price Watch: BTC Turned Bearish Below $3800
- Bitcoin price is under pressure below $3,800 against the US Dollar. BTC may correct a few points, but it remains sell on rallies near $3,720 and $3,800 ...
- Bitcoin May Breach $333,000 By 2023: Why This Prediction Isn’t Crazy
There’s no denying it, the crypto industry is known for its eccentric individuals, statements, and startups. John McAfee, for example, promised to consume his family jewels if Bitcoin (BTC) doesn’t reach $1 million apiece by 2020’s end. While McAfee’s call is by far the most bizarre, especially what he wagered, he isn’t the only industry...
- Bitcoin review: Litecoin sponsors UFC 232, Bank of America files blockchain patent
- Sunday, Dec. 23: Toward the end of 2017, the price of bitcoin rose to nearly $20,000. Hopes were high that its climb would continue through 2018.
- Bitcoin Trader Troy Woody and Pal Mir Islam Charged in Philippines Murder
- Tomi Michelle Masters had long dreamed of leaving her postage stamp of a hometown in Indiana for the wide horizons of California. After graduating ...
- How Mexican Cartels Use Chinese Crypto Brokers to Launder Drug Money
Law enforcement agencies in the United States have expressed worries that Chinese crypto channels are increasingly being used to launder money by Mexican drug cartels and other transnational organized crime groups. This comes at a time when the size of Chinese exports such as chemicals and other ingredients used in making hard drugs to the
- UK Investors and Businesses Still Suffering Fallout of Bitcoin Crash
Hundreds of businesses and retail investors are still counting the cost of bitcoin’s 80 percent drop from its all time high at the turn of the year. A Sky News special report has revealed that alongside investment portfolios, bitcoin’s price tank also claimed several mortgages, loans, marriages and even possibly university funds for some investors’ children in
- WSJ: Bitcoin Trading at Strong Correlation with Gold as Traditional Investors Step In
- 28, suggests that Bitcoin (BTC)'s correlation with traditional assets markets has been high in recent days. Citing data from research firm Excalibur Pro ...
- Major Bitcoin Exchanges Accused of Faking Volume: Who's Trustworthy?
- BTI has consequently concluded that more than 80% of the volume of the top 25 bitcoin pairs on CoinMarketCap is wash traded. According to BTI, for ...
- Payoneer CEO Calls Single Currency Bitcoin (BTC) Unrealistic
- Payoneer CEO Calls Single Currency Bitcoin (BTC) Unrealistic ... Galit's take on Bitcoin hinges more upon what he views as an unattainable position ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC/USD finds big buyers after bouncing off important near-term trend line
- The Bitcoin price late on Friday was seen holding up gains just shy of double-digits, up some 9% late in the session. A chunky amount of renewed ...
- Here's How the World Will Commemorate Bitcoin's 10th Anniversary on Jan. 3
- Bitcoin's 10th anniversary will fall on Jan. 3. As a decentralized currency that belongs to everyone and no one, there is no official way to commemorate ...
- Bitcoin Wallet Malware Scam Targets Electrum Users And Garners Over 200BTC
An attack on the Electrum bitcoin wallet has so far netted hackers over 200 bitcoin worth around $750,000. The attack began on December 21, 2018. Though it has victimized some unsuspecting users, it can be avoided. Electrum is a Bitcoin wallet which doesn’t require the user to download the full blockchain. Instead, servers remotely provide
- Bitcoin price predictions for 2019: From $0 to $36000, experts make their cryptocurrency forecasts
- It's been a bad year for bitcoin. After the highs of 2017, which saw the price of bitcoin surge to $20,000 (£15,700), the world's most valuable ...
- WSJ: Bitcoin (BTC) Trading In Step With Gold Amid Dow Jones Tumult
- Although Bitcoin (BTC) remains just hundreds of dollars away from its yearly low, the flagship crypto asset has regained boatloads of volatility in recent ...
- Electrum Wallet Attack May Have Stolen As Much as 245 Bitcoin
- A phishing attack on the Electrum wallet network has reportedly managed to steal bitcoin worth over $800,000.
- TIME Magazine: Bitcoin Development Should Be World Priority
- TIME Magazine has produced a surprisingly complimentary appraisal of Bitcoin, saying the cryptocurrency “matters for freedom” and is a “way out” of ...
- Bitcoin Continues Efforts to go Mainstream
- Bitcoin, the largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization, trader higher Friday, flirting with the $3,900 area, a day after reports broke that hackers ...
- Biotech Billionaire Settles with SEC over Crypto-Related Penny Stock Scam
Back in September, biotech billionaire Phillip Frost and eight other individuals were charged by the SEC for a penny stock scheme deemed fraudulent. Frost was not at the core of the scheme, which involved buying up penny stocks and effectively pumping their value only to dump them at massive profits. Overall, before they were caught,
- Once a Rebel, Bitcoin Is Conforming to Mainstream Markets
- Not too long ago, bitcoin and its universe of cryptocurrency peers seemed light years away from traditional markets, a distant point where assets ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis Dec.28: Sideways Done As BTC Breaks Down To Retest $3600
- Yesterday we mentioned about the range Bitcoin was trading at for a couple of days: $3700 from below and $3850 from above. We also mentioned ...
- Investor: Bitcoin (BTC) Could Fall Further, But $100k+ Still A Possibility
- BlockTV, an up-and-coming crypto-centric news outlet, recently sat down with one Anthony Pompliano, a world-renowned Bitcoin (BTC) zealot, for a ...
- Bitcoin Dives Sharply As Ripple (XRP) And Ethereum Lose Ground--Here's Why
- Bitcoin—which has been trapped in a bear market over the whole of 2018—has fallen sharply overnight, dragging other major digital tokens, including ...
- Bitcoin SV's Craig Wright denied attempts to dismiss lawsuit; alleged to “seize” billions of dollars ...
- Craig Wright, the famous crypto entrepreneur, and Bitcoin SV [BSV] proponent was denied attempts to dismiss a lawsuit against him by the US federal ...
- End of year crypto roundup: How did Bitcoin perform in 2018?
- Bitcoin BTC — the cryptocurrency that started it all — was released in 2009 as open-source software by a person or group of people using the name ...
- Bitcoin Continues to Slide
- One of Bitcoin's advocates, entrepreneur Charles Shrem, said Bitcoin was down because CME bitcoin futures expire Friday. He noted that the ...
- Italy Announces 30 Experts to Lead National Blockchain Strategy
- The Italian government has published a list of 30 experts brought together to develop the nation's blockchain strategy.
- Is Bitcoin a Fraudulent Crypto Craze?
- The article is designed to induce fear and loathing of Bitcoin by incorporating the thought that because people bought into Bitcoin and suffered fraud ...
- Despite Taking Down 90 Crypto Scams, US Regulators Recovered Just $36 Million for Victims
Regulators in the United States have filed over 90 cryptocurrency fraud cases in the last two years, the Wall Street Journal reports. While it is difficult to determine the amount that investors have lost, regulators at both the federal and state level have only managed to get back US$36 million, a figure considered paltry. What
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Heading up but for How Long?
- From yesterday's high at $3940 the price of Bitcoin has fallen by 4.52% and is currently being traded at $3762. Looking at the 15 min chart you can ...
- This time last year everyone was talking about Bitcoin — so what happened?
- The price of Bitcoin surged in 2017, from levels below $US900 ($1,276) in January to its peak of nearly $US20,000 ($28,363) in December.
- Bitcoin: Developer Explains Why a Multi-Asset Lightning Network Might Not Work
A contributor to the Lightning Network codebase who goes by the name ZmnSCPxj recently wrote a reasoned post to the Lightning Development mailing list detailing what he views as a limitation of the network, which is considered by many to represent the future of Bitcoin scaling and adoption. The identity of ZmnSCPxj is not known.
- The True Crypto Alternative to Government Money
- Evan Kuo is the co-founder of Ampleforth (formerly Fragments), a startup developing advanced technological solutions for the stablecoin market, and the former founder of on-demand delivery startup Pythagoras Pizza. The following is an exclusive contribution to CoinDesk’s 2018 Year in Review. “I don’t believe we shall ever have a good money again before we take the […]
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Bitcoin SV, TRON, Cardano: Price ...
- Entrepreneur Charles Shrem believes that the current dip is due to the expiration of Bitcoin futures on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) and ...
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Daily Price Forecast – BTC & ETH Trade Dovish On News Driven Momentum
- Bitcoin is leading the retracement closely followed by some major altcoins namely XRP, BCH & ETH. Two reasons could be coined out as major ...
- Bitcoin (BTC): Charts that Point to $5000 and $10000
- Over the past month, we have made a living using both horizontal support and resistance levels in conjunction with angle-based work from the ...
- Newsflash: Bitcoin Price Pops Higher as Dow, S&P 500 Erase Pre-Market Gains
- The bitcoin price and the wider cryptocurrency market made a fevered leap back toward their recent highs on Friday, shaking off Thursday's ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Bears Raise the Stakes
- While the short Bitcoin price rally was powerful and sweet, the overall picture for cryptocurrencies remains bearish and barring the occasional oversold ...
- Cryptocurrency's Terrible 2018
- Around this time last year, Bitcoin hit a record value of $19,783.21 after several whirlwind months on the market. It is now worth about $3,700.
- This is why a single global currency (like bitcoin) won't happen, says online payments company CEO
- First, Galit says it's unlikely the U.S. government will ever allow people to pay their taxes with something like bitcoin, because that would mean the ...
- Abrupt Recovery: Bitcoin up 7% in Minutes, Ethereum Rises 13% from Day's Low
- Within nine minutes, the Bitcoin price surged from $3,625 to $3,900, by 7.5 percent. Other crypto assets like Ethereum (ETH) followed, recording a 13 ...
- Bitcoin’s Price Correlates to Freedom, Trumps Crypto or Stock Market Value
The mainstream media has often been critical of Bitcoin, highlighting stories of money laundering, exchange hacks, failed crypto investments and Bitcoin’s steady price declines throughout the year, wiping billions from the total cryptocurrency market cap in 2018. With global brand recognition, and the many believers and maximalists who await the day when it either replaces […]
- Dow, S&P 500 Eye Further Gains after Wild Week on Wall Street
Following a wild week on Wall Street, the US stock market looks poised to extend its latter-week recovery following the opening bell on Friday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, and Nasdaq futures indices all pointing north as of the time of writing. Dow Seeks to Extend Recovery Dow futures had risen 111
- Bitcoin [BTC] and Ethereum [ETH] face off the bear after reaching 7-month trading volume high
- Bitcoin [BTC] and Ethereum [ETH], the two compatriots amongst the big three have witnessed a silver lining despite all odds in the time period known ...
- Africa Conducts Over 17,000 Peer-to-Peer Trades Per Day Using Gift Cards
Paxful, the peer-to-peer alternative to LocalBitcoins, has reported to CCN that over 17,000 peer-to-peer trades per day take place in Africa using their platform. The majority of these trades take place with iTunes and Amazon gift cards as the payment methods. You read that right: people in Africa are acquiring Bitcoin by using gift cards,
- Security Researchers Break Ledger Wallets With Simple Antennae
- Calling themselves Wallet.Fail, three security researchers found ways to access crypto hardware wallets in ways that weren't intended by their creators.
- No FOMO: Bitcoin Price Under Pressure as Bullish Optimism Fades
- Bitcoin continued lower on Friday, capping off a mediocre stretch of trading that has threatened to undermine the latest rally attempt. The digital ...
- Crypto Markets Recover Slightly After Yesterday’s Drop, Equities Market Trades Flat
Following yesterday’s drop in the crypto markets, most cryptocurrencies have recovered some of their losses and are trading up over a 24-hour trading period. The traditional equities market, which has seen increased volatility over the past several weeks, is currently trading flat and one prominent investor believes further instability could be right around the corner....
- Bitcoin price prediction: Downside is the path of least resistance - Confluence Detector
- Bitcoin is hovering around $3,600 level. The first digital coin has lost about 4% since this time on Thursday and entered a short-term consolidation ...
- Bitcoin (BTC)'s Next Move Hinges On EUR/USD Outlook for Next Week
- Bitcoin (BTC) appears all set to rally with the beginning of a new year but there is one little catch. The price action of Bitcoin (BTC) is largely dependent ...
- Bitcoin Price Begins a New Ascent Inside Giant Bear Pennant
- Bitcoin price on Friday surged more than 7% against the US Dollar on a 24-hour adjusted timeframe. The bitcoin-to-dollar rate noted sudden spikes at ...
- It’s the Crypto Network, Stupid
- A simple lesson from the 2018 bearish crypto market: We are better together, argued Ian Simpson of the Crypto Valley Association.
- Hackers Siphon Bitcoin In Electrum Wallet Attack
- Based on blockchain data, at least 200 BTC, worth nearly $730,000, have already been sent to the attacker's bitcoin address. While the wallet software ...
- Prominent YouTuber Claims Brave’s BAT Payments System Violates GDPR
Prominent YouTube personality Tom Scott has accused Brave, the adblock browser, of unethical and possibly illegal behavior by collecting BAT donations on his behalf from viewers without his knowledge or consent. Writing in a Twitter thread posted on December 21, Scott stated that Brave is essentially obtaining money under false pretexts from users because he has
555989 at 23:48
555988 at 23:47
555987 at 23:36
555986 at 23:22
555985 at 23:18
555984 at 23:11
555983 at 23:02
555982 at 22:53
555981 at 22:48
555980 at 22:45
555979 at 22:38
555978 at 22:37
555977 at 22:25
555976 at 22:25
555975 at 22:00
555974 at 21:57
555973 at 21:47
555972 at 21:47
555971 at 21:35
555970 at 21:31
555969 at 21:23
555968 at 21:20
555967 at 21:10
555966 at 21:05
555965 at 21:02
555964 at 21:01
555963 at 20:55
555962 at 20:31
555961 at 20:23
555960 at 20:20
555959 at 20:15
555958 at 20:06
555957 at 19:59
555956 at 19:56
555955 at 19:48
555954 at 19:45
555953 at 19:44
555952 at 19:25
555951 at 19:13
555950 at 19:08
555949 at 19:04
555948 at 19:03
555947 at 19:01
555946 at 18:51
555945 at 18:40
555944 at 18:31
555943 at 18:22
555942 at 18:22
555941 at 18:18
555940 at 18:11
555939 at 18:01
555938 at 17:56
555937 at 17:38
555936 at 17:37
555935 at 17:33
555934 at 17:31
555933 at 17:26
555932 at 17:17
555931 at 16:57
555930 at 16:49
555929 at 16:37
555928 at 16:18
555927 at 16:12
555926 at 16:02
555925 at 15:49
555924 at 15:22
555923 at 15:13
555922 at 15:06
555921 at 14:57
555920 at 14:50
555919 at 14:45
555918 at 14:39
555917 at 14:31
555916 at 14:19
555915 at 14:18
555914 at 14:16
555913 at 14:01
555912 at 13:53
555911 at 13:35
555910 at 13:22
555909 at 13:17
555908 at 13:16
555907 at 13:15
555906 at 13:06
555905 at 13:02
555904 at 12:36
555903 at 12:34
555902 at 12:31
555901 at 12:30
555900 at 12:27
555899 at 12:12
555898 at 12:05
555897 at 11:54
555896 at 11:00
555895 at 10:53
555894 at 10:40
555893 at 10:37
555892 at 10:35
555891 at 10:28
555890 at 10:27
555889 at 10:10
555888 at 10:09
555887 at 10:00
555886 at 09:37
555885 at 09:13
555884 at 09:03
555883 at 09:03
555882 at 08:52
555881 at 08:49
555880 at 08:33
555879 at 08:17
555878 at 08:15
555877 at 08:01
555876 at 07:52
555875 at 07:51
555874 at 07:50
555873 at 07:50
555872 at 07:49
555871 at 07:41
555870 at 07:33
555869 at 07:28
555868 at 07:20
555867 at 07:15
555866 at 07:06
555865 at 06:59
555864 at 06:56
555863 at 06:42
555862 at 06:36
555861 at 06:35
555860 at 06:25
555859 at 06:25
555858 at 06:24
555857 at 06:09
555856 at 06:08
555855 at 06:01
555854 at 05:33
555853 at 05:22
555852 at 05:20
555851 at 05:19
555850 at 05:14
555849 at 04:41
555848 at 04:03
555847 at 03:42
555846 at 03:13
555845 at 03:12
555844 at 03:11
555843 at 03:01
555842 at 03:00
555841 at 02:34
555840 at 02:33
555839 at 02:33
555838 at 02:32
555837 at 02:31
555836 at 02:20
555835 at 02:11
555834 at 02:07
555833 at 02:05
555832 at 01:48
555831 at 01:36
555830 at 01:25
555829 at 01:18
555828 at 01:14
555827 at 01:03
555826 at 00:58
555825 at 00:52
555824 at 00:50
555823 at 00:04