Closing price: $3832.155 Powered by Coindesk
- How bitcoin grew up and became big money
- Depending on how you count its birth, bitcoin turned 10 years old today. The first lines of code were committed to the bitcoin blockchain on January ...
- Overstock Will Be First Major Company to Pay State Taxes in Bitcoin
- Online retail giant Overstock will become the first major US company to pay part of its 2019 Ohio state business taxes in bitcoin. Overstock — which ...
- Paying Taxes in Bitcoin: Retailer Overstock Says It Will Pay Ohio Using Digital Money
- Today, we use checks, credit cards, online money and—starting this year in Ohio—Bitcoin. On Thursday, the online retailer Overstock announced it ...
- Proof of Keys: Several Exchanges Said to Be “Failing” Bitcoin Ownership Event
- Every user is encouraged to withdraw all Bitcoin to private keys that they control. However, according to Trace Mayer and the Proof of Keys' event's ...
- Equity Fund CEO Shuns Bitcoin (BTC) In Favor of 'Biscuits', Basic Goods
- Equity Fund CEO Shuns Bitcoin (BTC) In Favor of 'Biscuits', Basic Goods ... While Bitcoin has failed to climb above $4000 in 2019, the currency has ...
- Dow Jones, Nasdaq Flash Red at Thursday’s Opening Bell
The Dow Jones Industrial Average, Nasdaq, and S&P 500 all flashed red at Thursday’s opening bell as the three major US stock market indices continued to grapple with the fallout of Apple’s revenue guidance cut, which reduced the tech giant’s quarterly target by as much as $9 billion from earlier estimates. Dow Drops Despite Impressive
- Nearly 4 in 5 individual investors are still bullish on bitcoin
- Battered and bruised, bitcoin investors aren't throwing in the towel just yet. That is according to data from DailyFX that shows nearly 80% of individual ...
- Bitcoin and the Forks: Should You Invest in 'New' Bitcoins?
- Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency in existence. This digital asset was first released in 2009 and since then has become the centerpiece of the ...
- Bitcoin Cash: Single Mining Pool Controls 50% of Hashrate
- Bitcoin Cash mining centralization has reached a level where just one pool is controlling half of its hashrate, according to Coin Dance. The crypto ...
- Crypto Markets Drop Slightly After Yesterday’s Surge, Stock Market Drops as Apple Plunges
Following yesterday’s crypto market surge that sent Bitcoin up more than 4% and Ethereum up more than 10%, the markets have found some levels of stability and are currently trading down slightly. Although the crypto markets are relatively stable as of now, the stock market is seeing tremendous levels of instability, with today’s drop being primarily...
- Thai Government Agency Develops Blockchain Tech for Elections Voting
- A Thailand government agency has developed a blockchain-based solution that's set to digitalize elections voting in the country.
- Bitcoin SV [BSV] reveals new logo; calls it “rebirth of original Bitcoin”
- As Bitcoin celebrates the tenth anniversary of the Bitcoin genesis block, bComm [Bitcoin Commerce] Association revealed an updated logo for Bitcoin ...
- Dow Falls 500 Points after Tim Cook Slashes Apple Revenue Forecast
The Dow, S&P 500, and Nasdaq all plunged at the opening of trading today and continued to fall after Apple CEO Tim Cook suddenly revised Apple’s first-quarter revenue predictions. Apple shares have dropped nearly 10% as of the time of writing, putting the tech giant on track for its worst daily loss in more than
- Bitcoin Genesis Block 10th Anniversary Sees Identical Debt Headlines
- The tenth anniversary of the Bitcoin genesis block has come with a somewhat ironic celebration in one UK mainstream newspaper.
- No One Knows What Venezuela’s Petro Cryptocurrency is Actually Worth
The value of Venezuela’s oil-backed cryptocurrency, the petro, is seemingly currently unclear, and even taking a look at official government sources yields inconclusive results, given substantial price differences. The petro, announced in December of 2017 as a tool for the South American nation to combat international sanctions, has been a controversial currency so far. Supposedly,
- Bitcoin Investors Still Bullish: Data Indicates Almost 80% Remain Long on BTC
- According to data from DailyFX, almost four out of five Bitcoin (BTC) investors remain long on the number one digital asset by market capitalisation.
- BTC Price Historic Yearly Lows Reveal How Bitcoin 'Hodlers' Are Created
- Bitcoin (BTC) $3874.81 -0.19%, the world's leading cryptocurrency in terms of market capitalization, had an unparalleled bull-run resulting in an ATH ...
- Crypto Market Update: Bitcoin Dominance Slips as Ethereum Recovers
- Bitcoin's dominance has slipped back to 51% as Ethereum recovers stronger, ETH has increased from below 9 to over 12 percent market dominance ...
- Happy Birthday Bitcoin (again)
- In November last year, we lit 10 candles for Bitcoin's belated birthday. But, like the Queen of England, Bitcoin gets to have TWO birthdays.
- Bitcoin Turns Ten on Anniversary of Genesis Block
- 3, marks ten years since the creation of the very first block on the Bitcoin (BTC) blockchain. Known in more technical parlance as a “genesis block,” the ...
- Bloomberg: Bitcoin (BTC) Technicals “Flash Buy” As Crypto Recovers
- It's 2019, and it seems that prospects are already looking bright for Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market at large. According to a recent article posted ...
- Happy 10th birthday, bitcoin. It's amazing you still exist
- For its most fanatical adherents – techies and latter-day hippies – bitcoin is not merely a viable currency, but salvation: a universal panacea, not just to ...
- Apple Plunged 10% in Hours and the Firm Still Doesn’t Know the Root Issue
Apple is in deep trouble. With a ten percent drop in its stock price on the day and low sales forecast in China, the technology behemoth is facing a tough quarter ahead. Samsung, the largest conglomerate in South Korea, is also struggling to deal with low sales. As smartphones users feel less compelled to acquire
- Apple Sell-Off Not Surprising, Why This Analyst Says Don’t Sell
The fall in Apple’s revenue forecast and the resulting share price drop is perhaps not so unexpected and therefore shouldn’t be such big news for global markets, at least according to one trader. But, of course, it is major news and is, therefore, having a corresponding impact. At the time of writing, most of the
- Bitcoin birthday: As cryptocurrency turns 10, what does the next decade hold for this 'curious ...
- What do bitcoin, Paddington Bear and the Queen have in common? Thanks to various quirks in their creation, backstory or family history, all three ...
- Bitcoin Magazine Launches Custom Block Explorer
- As part of the new Bitcoin Magazine site, we've launched a custom block explorer, using Blockstream's open-source implementation Esplora.
- The First Cryptocurrency to Use Mimblewimble Privacy Tech Is Now Live
- A new privacy coin called "Beam" just launched on mainnet. It's based on the highly-regarded "mimblewimble" white paper outlining support for confidential transactions and network anonymity on a blockchain.
- Happy birthday bitcoin. Your gift: a log chart in the The Times
- How funny, then, that it would seek to portay the 80 per cent plunge in the value of bitcoin over the past year or so as a mere edging down in a broader ...
- Bitcoin Price Once Again Fails to Punch Through Resistance at $4000
- The bitcoin price consolidated this Thursday as $4,000-level continued to block the rally from a breakout attempt. The bitcoin-to-dollar exchange rate ...
- Welcome to the reGenesis of Bitcoin Magazine!
- On December 4, 2018, our CEO, David Bailey, made an exciting announcement: Bitcoin Magazine would be returning to its roots and shifting its focus ...
- Bitcoin [BTC] mining difficulty rises by 10%: sees an upward trend for the first time since October 2018
- Bitcoin [BTC], the very first cryptocurrency with the largest market share, is shining brightly as the coin marks another milestone today. The coin has ...
- The First Bitcoin Block Was Mined 10 Years Ago Today
- As CCN reported earlier, Seychelles-based bitcoin exchange, BitMEX, has marked the day by placing an ad on the front page of the British daily The ...
- Trader: Bitcoin May See Long-Lasting Stability Throughout 'Boring' 2019
- Over the past 24 hours, the cryptocurrency market has seen its valuation drop from $135 billion to $130 billion, as the Bitcoin price dropped below the ...
- Proof of Keys Explained: Bitcoin's First Planned 'Bank Run' Is Today
- Do your bitcoins really exist? The answer might seem like an obvious “yes,” but the brewing “Proof of Keys” movement, launching today, argues the ...
- Rocked by China, Apple Shares Plunge to Lowest Mark in 18 Months
Apple stock plunged to its lowest point since July 2017 on January 2, fueled by an alarming drop in iPhone and iPad demand from China, whose economy is eroding. This caused a 300-point drop in Dow Futures, as CCN reported. As of this writing, AAPL was trading at $144.12 a share, down 8.7% from yesterday’s
- Ripple (XRP) Price Approaching Key Support versus Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ripple price tested the key 0.0000975BTC resistance against bitcoin. XRP is currently moving lower towards the 0.0000940BTC support where buyers ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Stall at $4000, Arthur Hayes Bullish
- At spot prices, Bitcoin may be facing resistance with some investors taking this reprieve to shed off their crypto holding after a year of steep declines.
- BitTorrent Is Launching Its Own Cryptocurrency on the Tron Network
- To incentivize file-sharing, BitTorrent is creating a cryptocurrency token on the Tron protocol.
- Dow Jones Slides 606 Points Mid-Morning as Tech Bellwethers Fall Hard
Led by the Dow Jones, U.S. stocks plunged anew on Thursday, as Apple’s grim revenue guidance exerted a gravitational pull on the broader market. Apple CEO Tim Cook issued a warning Wednesday that the iPhone maker will badly miss its revenue forecast for the first time in over 15 years. Dow Jones Index Collapses The
- Bitcoin [BTC]'s genesis block completes a decade – space celebrates completion of 10-year of ...
- Bitcoin [BTC] is considered to be the king of the cryptocurrency market, with the currency being the first of its kind that led to the inception of the rest of ...
- Ten Years Later, a Reflection on Bitcoin's Genesis and Satoshi's Timing
- On the October 31, Satoshi Nakamoto published the Bitcoin white paper, a constitution of sorts for his revolutionary monetary system and its intrinsic ...
- Bitcoin 'Too Scammy, Volatile' for Mainstream Adoption: Analyst Mark Dow
- Analyst Mark Dow, the trader who closed his short position after bitcoin fell 80 percent last year, doubts whether Bitcoin will ever attain a broader ...
- Bye bye Bitcoin?
- Back in December 2017, when its price reached close to $20,000, Bitcoin looked like it had finally disrupted financial markets with the potential to ...
- Dow Downturn Shows Economy is ‘Going into a Recession’: Gluskin Sheff Strategist
The Dow Jones Industrial Average and other major stock market indices have posted steep declines during the second trading day of 2019, extending a downturn that saw them post their worst December returns since 2008. According to the top economist at Canadian wealth management firm Gluskin Sheff, these losses may have only been the beginning.
- How To Buy Bitcoin in South Africa
- XTB is a globally renowned, low-cost cryptocurrency broker that offers CFDs for Bitcoin, Dash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Stellar and more in South ...
- Bitcoin Stands Out from the Rest in 2018
- A recent Medium post by Jimmy Song, a Bitcoin educator, developer, and entrepreneur, examined what happened this past year and how it has ...
- Bitcoin vs. Gold: A Relative Strength Comparison
- When you measure the relative strength (RS) of Bitcoin vs. gold or other metals and major financial markets, you witness a bias-free view of its ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Analysis: Another Breakout To Look Out For
- Bitcoin has also formed a triangle chart pattern which might show an earlier breakout as a preview for its reversal formation. Price has bounced off the ...
- Bitcoin [BTC] ETF is a joke for Wall Street to make money says Managing Partner at NobleBridge ...
- Tyrone V. Ross Jr. spoke about Bitcoin and its ETF [Exchange Traded Fund] that is pending approval and opined that holding Bitcoin is more important ...
- US Retail Giant Overstock to Use Bitcoin to Pay Its Taxes in Ohio
- United States retailer Overstock.com has announced it will pay part of its business taxes in the state of Ohio using Bitcoin (BTC), according to an ...
- BitTorrent to Sell Crypto Token on Binance Launchpad
Binance’s cryptocurrency token creation platform Binance LaunchPad will introduce a minimum of one token to its users every month in this year, as revealed by the world’s largest crypto exchange today. The first projects that will be launched in this initiative include the TRON-affiliated BitTorrent and Fetch.AI. Crypto Giant Binance to Help BitTorrent with Token
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Range-Bound Market Coiled for Next Move
- For the better part of a month and a half, bitcoin has been fairly range-bound and unable to establish new lows or new highs. There are some bullish ...
- Who Created Bitcoin?
- Bitcoin was created by Satoshi Nakamoto, (almost certainly) a pseudonym, that no one has been able to conclusively connect to an actual person or ...
- The first Bitcoin was born 10 years ago today. How far we've come
- Bitcoin is 10 years old today. You might have read about the decade anniversy of Bitcoin back in October 2018, but that was merely for the original ...
- Bitcoin vs. Traditional Assets: How Does Crypto's 10-Year Performance Sync Up?
- Bitcoin has been among the most fascinating tradable assets to watch over the last year. From reaching dazzling new heights to its most recent tumble ...
- Did Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Kill Cryptocurrency's Rally–Again?
- Bitcoin was showing signs of renewed popularity just before it suffered its ... However, November ended with Bitcoin experiencing its worst month of ...
- 7 Legal Questions That Will Define Blockchain in 2019
- In this exclusive op-ed, Jenny Leung, an Australian attorney who formerly worked for the country's financial regulator, explained 7 legal questions that will define blockchain this year.
- Get Ready for a New Print Edition of Bitcoin Magazine!
- In May 2012, the first print copy of Bitcoin Magazine — the original publication devoted exclusively to Bitcoin — made its debut. Founded by Vitalik ...
- Happy birthday bitcoin. Your gift: a log chart in the The Times
- The inside cover of The Times today features a two-page advert from BitMEX celebrating the ten-year anniversary of the mining of the first block of ...
- Happy Tenth Birthday, Bitcoin: BitMEX, Crypto Community Celebrate
In late-October, NewsBTC reported that Bitcoin turned ten. While this was factually accurate, the world’s first cryptocurrency turns a decade-old yet again on January 3rd, as Satoshi Nakamoto processed the first official block on this exact day, only ten years ago. This industry occurrence didn’t go unnoticed, as crypto enthusiasts en bloc(k) have taken to Twitter,...
- Bitcoin Eyes Test of Key Price Hurdle in First Since November
- Bitcoin looks set to test the crucial 50-day simple moving average (SMA) for the first time since November 8.
- Norway’s Massive Pension Fund Loses $3 Billion+ on its Apple Investment
The giant Norwegian “Oil Fund,” or Government Pension Fund Global, has over $1 trillion in assets and one of its largest single investments is in tech-behemoth Apple. The fund is the largest sovereign wealth fund in the world and consists of two wealth funds operated by the Norwegian government, the first was formed in 1967.
- Bitcoin Price Watch: BTC Primed To Break $4K
- Bitcoin price is showing positive signs above $3,800 against the US Dollar. BTC remains well supported on the downside for more gains above ...
- Bitcoin price rejected at $3900; will the 50 SMA hold?
- Bitcoin price corrected higher after it broke out of the short-term bullish flag pattern we discussed yesterday. The moved saw Bitcoin take refuge at the ...
- Bitcoin's Last Gunslinger
- When Erik Voorhees discovered bitcoin, cryptocurrency was untamed. Memories of the Great Recession, in which global economies tanked, banks ...
- Overstock Will Pay Some of Its 2019 Taxes in Bitcoin
- Digital retail giant Overstock.com plans to pay at least some of its taxes using bitcoin this year. The company announced on its investor portal ...
- How to Last the Crypto Winter? Seek Simplicity, Manage Complexity
- Decred's Jake Yocom-Piatt explains in this exclusive op-ed why he thinks information asymmetry is a key factor driving the manic buying and panic selling cycles in the crypto markets.
- Bitcoin moves up most of today reaching over $3900
- Bitcoin suffers serious losses in December 2019 its fifth straight monthly loss. However, it appears to be recovering on this the second day of the New ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) is Set to Become the World's Reserve Currency, Max Keiser Says
- Despite the bearish run of 2018, Max Keiser is a fervent believer that Bitcoin will grow not only in price but also in adoption and thinks that 2019 can be ...
- San Francisco's “Bitcoin Mafia”: How Bitcoin Started in the City on the Bay
- The early Bitcoin community in San Francisco was originally comprised of revolutionaries: Individuals who believed in the freedom and opportunity ...
- Token Exchange to Enable Trading of Nasdaq-Listed Companies
- DX.Exchange, a Nasdaq-powered trading firm, will allow investors to purchase crypto tokens representing shares in major public firms.
- Proof Of Keys: Marking The Tenth Anniversary Of Bitcoin's Genesis Block By Exiting Exchanges
- To commemorate the anniversary of Bitcoin's genesis block and encourage monetary sovereignty, well-known bitcoin investor Trace Mayer ...
- Bitcoin prices fall, but action is tilting more bullish, says analyst
- Bitcoin, BTCUSD, -2.91% the world's largest digital currency, was last changing hands at $3,820.34, down 2.8% since Wednesday at 5 p.m. Eastern ...
- Crypto Giant Coinbase Made Strides In Q4 2018, Even As Bitcoin (BTC) Plunged 40%
- And interestingly, even as digital assets like Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and Litecoin (LTC) — Coinbase's lifeblood — continue to lose value, the ...
- Bitcoin [BTC] Technical Analysis: Bull leads the coin towards the top of the mountain
- The world's largest cryptocurrency, Bitcoin [BTC], at the time of press, rose by 3.14% over the past 24 hours. The coin was valued at $3,881.89 with a ...
556913 at 23:58
556912 at 23:42
556911 at 23:33
556910 at 23:30
556909 at 23:29
556908 at 23:18
556907 at 23:11
556906 at 23:05
556905 at 23:00
556904 at 22:58
556903 at 22:58
556902 at 22:49
556901 at 22:46
556900 at 22:39
556899 at 22:18
556898 at 22:06
556897 at 21:54
556896 at 21:54
556895 at 21:45
556894 at 21:41
556893 at 21:38
556892 at 21:22
556891 at 21:03
556890 at 21:02
556889 at 20:56
556888 at 20:51
556887 at 20:22
556886 at 20:21
556885 at 20:11
556884 at 20:10
556883 at 19:32
556882 at 19:23
556881 at 19:22
556880 at 19:14
556879 at 19:09
556878 at 19:02
556877 at 18:44
556876 at 18:36
556875 at 18:19
556874 at 18:07
556873 at 17:59
556872 at 17:49
556871 at 17:42
556870 at 17:33
556869 at 17:27
556868 at 17:27
556867 at 17:25
556866 at 17:20
556865 at 17:18
556864 at 17:17
556863 at 17:16
556862 at 17:07
556861 at 17:04
556860 at 17:00
556859 at 16:54
556858 at 16:40
556857 at 16:33
556856 at 16:33
556855 at 16:30
556854 at 16:09
556853 at 15:35
556852 at 15:26
556851 at 15:08
556850 at 15:00
556849 at 15:00
556848 at 14:52
556847 at 14:51
556846 at 14:50
556845 at 14:47
556844 at 14:42
556843 at 14:33
556842 at 14:26
556841 at 14:16
556840 at 14:14
556839 at 14:09
556838 at 13:38
556837 at 13:32
556836 at 13:29
556835 at 12:57
556834 at 12:54
556833 at 12:46
556832 at 12:12
556831 at 12:08
556830 at 12:04
556829 at 12:03
556828 at 12:02
556827 at 11:59
556826 at 11:47
556825 at 11:45
556824 at 11:32
556823 at 11:14
556822 at 10:53
556821 at 10:46
556820 at 10:44
556819 at 10:28
556818 at 10:17
556817 at 10:12
556816 at 10:05
556815 at 10:01
556814 at 09:33
556813 at 09:30
556812 at 09:30
556811 at 09:27
556810 at 09:26
556809 at 09:18
556808 at 09:17
556807 at 09:07
556806 at 09:02
556805 at 08:50
556804 at 08:45
556803 at 08:28
556802 at 08:21
556801 at 07:55
556800 at 07:50
556799 at 07:44
556798 at 07:22
556797 at 07:20
556796 at 06:58
556795 at 06:32
556794 at 06:27
556793 at 06:14
556792 at 06:10
556791 at 06:09
556790 at 06:08
556789 at 06:02
556788 at 05:37
556787 at 05:05
556786 at 05:01
556785 at 04:39
556784 at 04:33
556783 at 04:24
556782 at 04:24
556781 at 03:42
556780 at 02:39
556779 at 02:36
556778 at 02:24
556777 at 02:21
556776 at 02:19
556775 at 02:08
556774 at 02:02
556773 at 02:01
556772 at 02:00
556771 at 01:57
556770 at 01:49
556769 at 01:49
556768 at 01:42
556767 at 01:27
556766 at 01:16
556765 at 01:14
556764 at 01:12
556763 at 00:50
556762 at 00:47
556761 at 00:46
556760 at 00:40
556759 at 00:15