Closing price: $3863.6267 Powered by Coindesk
- Bitcoin, other cryptocurrencies, aren't just gimmicks | Opinion
- The headline of a recent Susan Tompor column, “Ohio bitcoin tax gimmick is like paying with Beanie Babies,” is an unnecessarily glib jab at an ...
- Bet on 'Biscuits Not Bitcoin': Gateway Partners' V. Shankar
- In an interview with the Nikkei Asian Review, Gateway Partners Chief Executive V. Shankar reiterated his longstanding negative stance on bitcoin.
- Chinese Bank Giants Tap Blockchain in Trade Finance Efficiency Boost
- The China Banking Association, the country’s self-regulatory organization for the banking sector, has launched a new blockchain-based platform for trade finance.
- Bitcoin Top Price Prediction: 3 reasons why BTC is ready to rise to the moon, and not to the dark side
- Bitcoin kicked off the year by getting comfortable in range, not going anywhere fast. The ranges are becoming narrower, and this implies that a ...
- (+) Bitcoin on Track for Narrow Weekly Gain as Outlook Brightens; Breakout Imminent?
- Big Predictions for 2019: Bitcoin Heading for New All Time High
Price predictions for Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies can always be met with some degree of skepticism. A market correction was expected last year but very few predicted that Bitcoin would lose over 80% in 2018. Weiss Ratings has just released their predictions for the coming year and they are extremely bullish. New ATH For Bitcoin Starting...
- Donald Trump Blames Democrat House Takeover for Dow Jones Sell-Off
With the Democrats assuming control of the US House of Representatives this week, it seems unlikely that the now-divided federal government will accomplish much of note during the final two years of President Donald Trump’s first term. However, the Democratic House presents Trump with a new foil, one that he has already begun to make
- Keoken Introduces the AirFork: Secon-Layer Token Distribution for Bitcoin Cash
This is a paid-for submitted press release. CCN does not endorse, nor is responsible for any material included below and isn’t responsible for any damages or losses connected with any products or services mentioned in the press release. CCN urges readers to conduct their own research with due diligence into the company, product or service mentioned
- Prominent Analyst: Bitcoin Will Bottom Between $1800 and $2400
- To ring in the new year, Tone Vays, a former institutional investor turned Bitcoin (BTC) diehard, brought on Princeton graduate Murad Mahmudov, ...
- Institutional Crypto Adoption Grows, But Will Big Banks Make a Splash in 2019?
A top executive in the PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) crypto division predicts that more institutional players will announce cryptocurrency projects this year. Henri Arslanian is fintech and crypto lead for PwC China and Hong Kong. He’s also the chairman of the FinTech Association of Hong Kong and a teacher of the first fintech university course in Asia.
- Bitcoin (BTC) Creator Satoshi Nakamoto More Powerful Than Facebook CEO, Bakkt CEO ...
- Ten years ago, sequestered away from the outside world, Satoshi Nakamoto, the individual or group responsible for Bitcoin, mined the first block ever ...
- Bitcoin And Democracy Tech
- I think it's very easy to get caught up in the hysteria that surrounds Bitcoin (BTC-USD)(COIN)(OTCQX:GBTC). With massive volatility, complex ...
- Bitcoin Cash – ABC, Litecoin and Ripple Daily Analysis – 04/01/19
- Bitcoin Cash ABC fell by 6.19% on Thursday, reversing a 4.04% gain from Wednesday, to end the day at $159.8. It was bearish through much of the ...
- Ad Campaign for Winklevoss-Led Crypto Exchange Gemini Raises Eyebrows
Gemini has an advertisement on a New York sidewalk that’s got people talking on Crypto Twitter. Rules like mathematics? Sure. Crypto needs that. Rules like "KYC AML licencing taxation Patriot Act bitlicense bullshit?" No. Crypto doesn't need that. pic.twitter.com/8azzqCKlwa — Nick Foley (@BookofNick) January 4, 2019 Former Coinbase support representative and Bitcoin enthusiast Nick Foley
- U.S. Nonfarm Payrolls Rise 312,000 in December Vs. 184,000 Expected
U.S. employers added more workers than expected in December according to the Nonfarm Payrolls report, capping off a strong year of job creation for the world’s largest economy. December Hiring: By the Numbers Nonfarm payrolls increased by 312,000 in December, the highest since February, the Labor Department reported Friday. The unemployment rate rose to 3.9%
- Bitcoin begins year in price doldrums
- In fact, Bitcoin has two birthdays. 31 October 2008 saw the publication of a paper describing this new cash system. While 3 January 2009 was the date ...
- Despite Dow Sell-Off, White House Economist Says There’s ‘No Recession in Sight’
The top economic adviser to U.S. President Donald Trump has dismissed fears that the world’s biggest economy is about to slip into a recession, even as the Dow Jones Industrial Average and other market indices have suffered steep declines in recent months. In an interview on Bloomberg TV, the National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow
- Crypto Giant Circle Traded $24B In Bitcoin (BTC), Altcoins OTC In 2018
- Since Bitcoin (BTC) found its all-time high in late-December 2017, just one fateful year ago, the leading cryptocurrency has fallen by a staggering 81%, ...
- Bitcoin drops today without testing key resistance levels
- Although Bitcoin(BTC) has suffered a modest drop over the last 24 hours after moving up yesterday, technical analysis shows that within the next ...
- Bitcoin: after 10 wild years, what next for cryptocurrencies?
- Two years after its inception, 10,000 bitcoin was just about enough to buy a couple of takeaway pizzas. Today those bitcoin would be worth nearly ...
- Bitcoin Could Be On The Verge Of A Bull Run Breakout
- Bitcoin has been trapped in a year-long bear market, with the bitcoin price losing some 80% in value over the last 12 months and dragging down the ...
- Bitcoin Bulls Ready to Run, Why Crypto is About to Take Off Again
Over the past 12 months Bitcoin has continued to fall, dragging the entire crypto market down with it. The daddy of all digital currencies hit a 16 month low in mid-December when it fell below $3,200. Things could be on the verge of a reversal soon though according to analysts. Turning The Tide On The...
- Bitcoin price analysis: Consolidating for now; will declines continue?
- After Bitcoin price was rejected from trading marginally below $4,250, it has been consolidating in a range with the downside capped at $3,500 and ...
- Bitcoin [BTC] aims to replicate some properties of physical cash but in electronic form: BitMEX ...
- Yesterday, January 3, 2019, the crypto space celebrated the 10-year anniversary of Bitcoin [BTC], the largest cryptocurrency by market cap. On that ...
- Coinbase Has Still Not Issued Bitcoin SV to Customers
- Coinbase has yet to give Bitcoin Cash holders their Bitcoin SV from the Bitcoin ... The fork away from Bitcoin Cash by Craig Wright and Calvin Ayre's ...
- Bitcoin Price Watch: Is the Currency's Price Set to Expand Soon?
- Right now, bitcoin's buying phase is in its longest run in six months. So long as this keeps up, maybe we'll see the currency return to $5,000 or even ...
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Daily Price Forecast – Crypto Market Mixed On Last Trading Session Of The ...
- The Bitcoin price (BTC/USD) has edged lower as a result of a downward correction that came after its Wednesday gains. The original cryptocurrency ...
- Dow Pounds to 820 Point Gain after Fed Chairman Powell Reassures Investors
The Dow Jones Industrial Average thrust off its recent bearish trend during mid-day trading on Friday, surging to an 819 point gain after Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell reassured investors that the central bank would take stock market conditions into account when deciding whether to hike interest rates. Dow Flirts with 800 Point Rally, Nasdaq
- Bitcoin [BTC] is a “black box” and not transparent, says legendary investor and financial analyst
- Bitcoin just celebrated its 10th anniversary of the Genesis Block on January 3, 2019, and people in the community are hoping 2019 will be much better ...
- Bitcoin celebrates 10th anniversary against all odds
- Why it matters: Bitcoin's rise from irrelevance to the world's leading cryptocurrency and the influence it has had on finance and security (blockchain ...
- 'How to Use Bitcoin Anonymously' Article Gets Banned on Medium
- Publishing platform, Medium, has allegedly jumped on the censorship “ban-wagon”, after suspending an account which posted a Bitcoin anonymity ...
- The Map Is Not the Territory: Rethinking Crypto as an Asset Class
- Crypto as an asset class? Investors would do well to learn it's not a one-size-fits all classification.
- $4K Ahead? Bitcoin’s Low-Volume Price Pullback Could Be a Bear Trap
- Bitcoin's recent pullback from highs above $4,200 could trap the bears on the wrong side of the market, the price-volume analysis indicates.
- Bitcoin is a 'Black Box' so I Won't Invest in it: Analyst Gary Shilling
- Renowned investor Gary Shilling believes Bitcoin is a black box. And he prefers to stay away from it. Speaking to Business Insider, the American ...
- Overstock Makes Key Executive Change at Blockchain Subsidiaries
- Medici Ventures, the blockchain investment arm of Overstock, is reassigning a top executive to focus on revenue generation at its most prominent portfolio company, tZERO.
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Bitcoin SV, TRON, Cardano: Price ...
- The first ever bitcoin was mined 10 years ago on Jan. 3, 2009. Since then, the original cryptocurrency has been on a wild ride. The naysayers continue ...
- Crypto Adoption: Pro-Blockchain Overstock Pays Taxes In Bitcoin (BTC)
- To support this effort, Mandel, a lesser-known Bitcoin enthusiast, launched OhioCrypto.com, which allows interested businesses to register themselves ...
- Satoshi Nakamoto: Mysterious Bitcoin Creator World's 44th Most Powerful Person in Finance
- Bitcoin allows people to send and receive payments directly to each other without needing a payment institution. It maintains the record of these ...
- Stablecoin Issuers May Need Licenses in Texas, Unlike Most Crypto Startups
- A new memo by the Texas Department of Banking notes that stablecoins may fall under the state's definition of "money" and therefore would be subject to money transmission laws.
- Bitcoin turns 10: The obscure technology that became a household name
- The first bitcoins were mined in a block of 50 coins called "Genesis Block" on January 3, 2009. The act of mining bitcoins entails computers trying to ...
- Overstock Becomes First Major US Company to Pay Taxes in Bitcoin
- According to its own investor portal, US-based internet retailer Overstock is set to pay part of its Ohio state business tax using Bitcoin. Supposedly, by ...
- Bitcoin [BTC] Technical Analysis: Bitcoin rides the bull while the bear prepares for an attack
- As Ethereum flourishes, the largest cryptocurrency, Bitcoin [BTC] has been facing a gradual fall. At the time of press, BTC was valued at $3,845.64, ...
- Crypto Markets See Mild Downturn, Bitcoin Holds Near $3800
- Top cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC), a day after the tenth anniversary of its genesis block, is down over 2 percent over the 24 hours to press time, and is ...
- Falling Crypto Prices Aren’t Stopping Real Blockchain Progress
- ICO-related drama overshadowed blockchain tech's enormous progress in 2018, writes EY's Paul Brody.
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC/USD stuck within highway to hell for now
- Bitcoin price late on Friday is seen nursing losses of around 1%, as the trend continues to see a lack of commitment from either bull or bear camps.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) mines world record 103MB block on 10th anniversary of Bitcoin genesis block
- Bitcoin SV (BSV), the only blockchain continuing the original Bitcoin vision, has mined a 103MB block, the world's largest ever on a public blockchain.
- Bitcoin (BTC) May See Sustainable Stability Throughout 2019
- The market valuation dropped from $135 billion to $130 billion while Bitcoin price declined to the $3,800 area. As of January 2nd, the dominant digital ...
- Elon Musk to Investors: Don’t Drag Ex-Girlfriend Grimes into Tesla Lawsuit
Billionaire Elon Musk is annoyed that Tesla shareholders want to subpoena his girlfriend, pop star Grimes (real name: Claire Elise Boucher), to question her about his infamous 2018 tweet about taking his electric-car company private. Musk’s lawyer said the move is nothing more than a cheap stunt by shareholders to pressure Musk amid their securities class-action lawsuit.
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Bullish Above $3700, Overstock Path Paving
- Aside from Bakkt, the never-ending wait for US SEC to comment or even approve Bitcoin ETF, the crypto and Bitcoin sphere is bereft of market-moving ...
- Are Bitcoin Fundamentals Getting Stronger or Weaker? Huobi Weekly Report Reveals Striking ...
- A lot of people on the street have spoken about how the bitcoin fundamentals are bettering, but a recent weekly update by Huobi Research speaks a ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Analysis: Back to Support, Bulls Overpowered?
- Bitcoin is still stuck in its symmetrical triangle consolidation pattern after getting rejected on the test of resistance. Price is nearing the bottom of the ...
- Bitcoin SV's New Logo Looks Suspiciously Like the Original BTC's
- Bitcoin SV (Satoshi Vision) unveiled its new logo on the 10th birthday of bitcoin. Perhaps not surprisingly, BSV's “new” logo looks suspiciously similar ...
- 'Bitcoin Is My First Love': Coinbase CEO Champions Top Coin on Its 10th Birthday
- Brian Armstrong, founder and CEO of United States cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase, has confessed that “Bitcoin is my first love” in a series of ...
- Ethereum Extends Impressive Run, up 35% in 1 Week: Factors and Trends
In the past week, Ethereum, the second most valuable cryptocurrency in the global market, has experienced a strong upward movement, recording an additional three percent increase in value on the day. Within seven days, the Ethereum price has increased from $117 to $159, by over 35 percent against the U.S. dollar, making it one of
- Bitcoin on track for 10th consecutive session below $4000
- In early trading, one bitcoin BTCUSD, -1.26% was fetching $3,822.22, down 0.5% since 5 p.m. Eastern Time on the Kraken crypto exchange. If the loss ...
- Ethereum Developers Give ‘Tentative’ Greenlight to ASIC-Blocking Code
- A 'tentative' consensus was reached today that ethereum's developers will propose blocking ASIC before the blockchain's proof-of-stake upgrade.
- What Can We Learn From Bitcoin's Birthday Bank Run?
- As most of you will probably know, yesterday marked the 10th anniversary of the mining of Bitcoin's genesis block. Many Bitcoin proponents mark this ...
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) Becomes the First Public Blockchain to Cross 100 MB Blocksize Threshold
- According to the recent press release from Coingeek, Bitcoin SV (BSV) has mined the largest block in terms of size in the history of cryptocurrency.
- Bitcoin analysis: Is the world LOSING interest in BTC?
- After falling below $4,000 before Christmas, bitcoin never looked like seriously breaking back through the $3,900 line, threatening a brief recovery ...
- Bitcoin Price Watch: BTC Correcting Gains, But Dips Remain Supported
- Bitcoin price started a downside correction towards $3,700 against the US Dollar. BTC could climb higher once again if buyers continue to defend ...
- Ethereum Studio ConsenSys Teams Up With Chip Manufacturer AMD
- ConsenSys is partnering with AMD to provide a new cloud computing blockchain infrastructure aimed at large companies and government agencies.
- In Gold [and Bitcoin?] We Trust: Precious Metals Surge as Stocks Fall
- The crypto market capitalization, or the total amount invested in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, is also holding nicely, showing that cryptocurrency ...
- Crypto Markets Drop Slightly, Further Losses May Be Needed to Spark Rally
The crypto markets have extended yesterday’s losses into today, with most major cryptocurrencies trading down slightly at the time of writing. Bitcoin and Ethereum have both established levels of resistance over the past few days and are continuing to respect those levels. Although the markets are expressing some levels of stability around their current price levels,...
- Overstock to Use Bitcoin (BTC) to Pay Taxes
- According to reports, United States based retailer, Overstock has revealed that it will pay a portion of its business taxes to the state of Ohio with Bitcoin ...
- Bitcoin vs. Tech Stocks: A Relative Strength Comparison
- There are many ways to measure the performance of your Bitcoin trading system's results. When you measure the relative strength (RS) of Bitcoin vs.
- Dow Surges 385 Points After Opening Bell; Apple Not Out of the Woods Yet
U.S. stocks staged a large relief rally after the open on Friday, as technology shares regained their poise following Thursday’s meltdown. The strong start mirrors upbeat an upbeat pre-market that saw the Dow Jones futures contract gain nearly 300 points. US Stock Market Bounces Back Equity markets rose across the board after the U.S. government
- Are Bitcoins the new Beanie Babies, or is there hope in 2019?
- Are you following Bitcoin? You know, the cryptocurrency that went from being worth less than a penny in 2010 to peaking at nearly $20,000 in late ...
- Bitcoin SV Announces 'Rebirth of Original Bitcoin,' Unveils New Logo
- Bitcoin Satoshi's Vision (BSV) has recently launched a “rebirth of the original Bitcoin” effort, in which the cryptocurrency's supporters appear to be ...
- Netflix of Blockchain: MTonomy Brings Streaming Video to Ethereum
CCN had a chance to talk to Arjun Mendhi of MTonomy. MTonomy is a Netflix, Google Play, or Amazon Prime experience for Ethereum users. Based in Cambridge, MTonomy went live this week. Part of their team come from the MIT Media lab’s Digital Currency Initiative, which a number of famous Bitcoin developers have worked through,
- Coinbase Exec Leaves Crypto Exchange for Stablecoin Issuer
- Vaishali Mehta, a senior compliance manager at Coinbase from November 2017 to November 2018, has joined TrustToken as head of compliance.
557062 at 23:58
557061 at 23:57
557060 at 23:53
557059 at 23:46
557058 at 23:01
557057 at 23:01
557056 at 22:59
557055 at 22:42
557054 at 22:42
557053 at 22:36
557052 at 22:35
557051 at 22:18
557050 at 22:17
557049 at 21:46
557048 at 21:44
557047 at 21:28
557046 at 21:20
557045 at 21:10
557044 at 20:58
557043 at 20:56
557042 at 20:55
557041 at 20:44
557040 at 20:33
557039 at 20:20
557038 at 20:09
557037 at 20:05
557036 at 20:03
557035 at 20:02
557034 at 19:56
557033 at 19:53
557032 at 19:40
557031 at 19:36
557030 at 19:27
557029 at 19:16
557028 at 19:12
557027 at 19:06
557026 at 18:59
557025 at 18:45
557024 at 18:40
557023 at 18:36
557022 at 18:26
557021 at 18:22
557020 at 18:16
557019 at 17:56
557018 at 17:47
557017 at 17:09
557016 at 17:09
557015 at 17:07
557014 at 17:06
557013 at 17:05
557012 at 16:43
557011 at 16:38
557010 at 16:35
557009 at 16:28
557008 at 16:23
557007 at 16:20
557006 at 16:15
557005 at 16:06
557004 at 16:05
557003 at 16:04
557002 at 16:02
557001 at 15:34
557000 at 15:30
556999 at 15:29
556998 at 15:08
556997 at 15:01
556996 at 14:59
556995 at 14:33
556994 at 14:32
556993 at 14:18
556992 at 14:04
556991 at 13:56
556990 at 13:49
556989 at 13:43
556988 at 13:41
556987 at 13:36
556986 at 13:29
556985 at 13:26
556984 at 13:06
556983 at 12:59
556982 at 12:24
556981 at 11:56
556980 at 11:46
556979 at 11:43
556978 at 11:42
556977 at 11:00
556976 at 10:49
556975 at 09:48
556974 at 09:23
556973 at 09:17
556972 at 09:14
556971 at 09:08
556970 at 08:57
556969 at 08:57
556968 at 08:56
556967 at 08:30
556966 at 08:20
556965 at 08:10
556964 at 08:06
556963 at 08:02
556962 at 07:39
556961 at 07:16
556960 at 07:15
556959 at 06:44
556958 at 06:37
556957 at 06:10
556956 at 06:04
556955 at 06:03
556954 at 05:31
556953 at 05:13
556952 at 04:47
556951 at 04:41
556950 at 04:40
556949 at 04:39
556948 at 04:37
556947 at 04:33
556946 at 04:32
556945 at 04:28
556944 at 04:26
556943 at 04:25
556942 at 04:19
556941 at 04:07
556940 at 03:40
556939 at 03:38
556938 at 03:36
556937 at 03:29
556936 at 03:26
556935 at 03:15
556934 at 02:56
556933 at 02:44
556932 at 02:35
556931 at 02:28
556930 at 02:04
556929 at 02:01
556928 at 01:57
556927 at 01:56
556926 at 01:53
556925 at 01:31
556924 at 01:26
556923 at 01:18
556922 at 01:14
556921 at 00:59
556920 at 00:54
556919 at 00:49
556918 at 00:46
556917 at 00:23
556916 at 00:20
556915 at 00:19
556914 at 00:13