Closing price: $4029.9917 Powered by Coindesk
- Africa Needs Open Currency Competition. It Needs Cryptocurrency
- Africa's various currency crises illustrate why cryptocurrency innovation shouldn't be stifled, says economic analyst Terence Zimwara.
- BitTorrent’s Master Plan to Bring a Tron-Powered Crypto Token to the Masses
- BitTorrent has the user base, Tron has the crypto. The new BitTorrent Token (BTT) white paper explores ways to marry the two.
- A souvenir of the birth of Bitcoin: your chance to own a little piece of history
- Bitcoin is ten years old this month. It's ten years since the 'genesis block' – the first on the Bitcoin blockchain – was created. Before you know it, that ...
- Wall Street's Bill Miller: 'Bitcoin Has Potential to Be Worth a Lot or Worth Zero'
- Bitcoin (BTC) can potentially have a high value or be worth nothing, noted Wall Street investor Bill Miller told CNBC in an interview on Monday, Jan. 7.
- The Ultimate Goal of Silicon Valley Is To Make Money with Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin (BTC) just clocked ten years in the digital currency industry. Bitcoin has had a spectacular ride over the years. The digital currency has had ...
- Winklevoss Twins Confirm Commitment to Bitcoin ETF During Reddit AMA
- Cameron Winklevoss stated that “Bitcoin [BTC] is most likely the winner in the long term” during an Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on Reddit today, ...
- Google Play Forces Crypto Wallet Samourai to Remove Security Features
Crypto wallet Samourai removed security features introduced in its latest app update after Google Play found them in conflict with its “store policies.” Sad but true, @GooglePlay is forcing us to remove Stealth Mode, SMS Commands, and SIM Switch Defense features as they transition to becoming more of a "Walled Garden" – despite the fact
- Cryptocurrency Mining is an Environmental Catastrophe — But There’s a Way to Change That
This is a submitted sponsored story. CCN urges readers to conduct their own research with due diligence into the company, product or service mentioned in the content below. Bitcoin mining wastes more energy than mining for gold. Now we can harness that energy for good. Cryptocurrency energy usage is enormous, and so is its carbon footprint.
- Crypto VC Believes the Masses Have “Forgotten” About Bitcoin a Year After All-Time Highs
- A year after Bitcoin was priced at $20,000 on some exchanges and the cryptocurrency market cap crossed $800 billion, crypto-evangelists are feeling ...
- Bybit Unveils New Cryptocurrency Derivatives Exchange
This is a paid-for submitted press release. CCN does not endorse, nor is responsible for any material included below and isn’t responsible for any damages or losses connected with any products or services mentioned in the press release. CCN urges readers to conduct their own research with due diligence into the company, product or service mentioned
- Russia Plans to Ditch US Dollar for Bitcoin, Says University Professor
- A Russian university lecturer with ties to the government says the Kremlin will soon begin investing massively in Bitcoin as a way of avoiding new U.S. ...
- Bitcoin 'Tremendously Successful as a Store of Value,' Says David Chaum [Interview]
- While Bitcoin is pseudonymous, and a step in the right direction toward legitimate privacy, it still doesn't protect against metadata analysis — that is ...
- Japan Eyes Regulation of Unregistered Crypto Investment Schemes
- Japan’s financial regulator is reportedly looking to close a loophole that lets unregistered investment firms solicit funds in cryptocurrencies.
- Ethereum Miner Linzhi Calls Out Project Coders for Proposed ASIC Ban
- Shenzhen-based miner manufacturer Linzhi has pushed back against ethereum's “tentative” decision to block specialized ASIC hardware.
- ShapeShift Lays Off 37 in Latest Round of Crypto Industry Cutbacks
- Crypto exchange ShapeShift has announced a round of layoffs, cutting its staff by a third.
- Ethereum Classic Losses Top $1 Million after 51% Attack: Coinbase Research
Losses stemming from an ongoing 51 percent attack against Ethereum Classic have now breached the million-dollar barrier, according to updated figures published by cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase. Ethereum Classic Attack Grows More Costly CCN first reported yesterday that the 18th-largest cryptocurrency appeared to have become the latest blockchain network to succumb to a 51 percent attack,
- New Bitcoin [BTC], Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash trading pairs announced on CoinField
- The cryptocurrencies that will be included as part of the trading pairs are Bitcoin [BTC], Ethereum [ETH], Stellar Lumens [XLM], Bitcoin Cash [BCH], ...
- Russia Will Buy $10 Billion in Bitcoin, Ditch US Dollar and Become Huge Crypto Whale: Russian Economist
According to a new claim from a Russian economist, the world’s 12th largest economy is about to pour $10 billion into Bitcoin. Vladislav Ginko, a lecturer at Moscow’s Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, says US sanctions are forcing Russia to diversify. Chris, I believe sitting here in Moscow, Russia, that the […]
- Bitcoin Daily: Bitcoin Breaks Through $4K; Leafbuyer Unveils Blockchain Initiative
- On another note, bitcoin rebounded on Monday, as the cryptocurrency broke through the $4,000 level, CoinDesk reported. The outlet noted that the ...
- Crypto Market Update: Sideways Expected as Price of Bitcoin Back Around $4k
- From yesterday the cryptocurrency market has started increasing again and has managed to stay above the $135B support. The lowest the evaluation ...
- One More Chance: Judge Gives Eddie Lampert Time to Rescue Sears from Bankruptcy
Sears Chairman and ESL Investments founder Eddie Lampert will have one more chance to rescue the iconic retail chain from liquidation, a judge ruled on Tuesday. As CCN reported, The 126-year-old retailer had hoped to receive approval from a bankruptcy judge to proceed with liquidation after advisers rejected a $4.4 billion takeover bid from Lampert
- Nearly Every Stock in Dow Flashed Green Today, Why Was Goldman Sachs Still Red?
Almost every one of the 30 companies tracked by the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed the day in the green, save for four: Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Chevron, and Travelers. On a day when the index rose more than 256 points, what’s holding Goldman shares down? The reason Goldman Sachs bucked a trend for a
- Ether Markets Are Mimicking Bitcoin’s 2015 Price Bottom
- Ether's bitcoin market (ETH/BTC) is mimicking the structure of bitcoin's bear market bottom in 2015, leaving some to wonder if a long term bottom is being printed.
- Analyst: Bitcoin Facing a Wall of Resistance, Bears Could Return
The recent rally from mid-December’s bottom has been a positive sign for Bitcoin and its brethren but cryptocurrencies may not be out of the woods yet. According to a prominent technical analyst Bitcoin is facing a ‘titanium level of resistance’ that could spell further losses if not broken soon. ‘Titanium level thickness cluster of resistance’...
- 'Too Many Cars, Not Enough BTC' – Morgan Creek Founder Selling Lambo for Bitcoin
- Founder of the digital asset management fund Morgan Creek Capital Management Jason A. Williams has put up his Lamborghini for sale for Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin Price Approaching $4100 Following Explosive Rally
- Bitcoin notched fresh two-week highs on Tuesday, building off a solid start to the week for the cryptocurrency market. Although momentum has slowed ...
- Blockchain Water Purifier? New China Mobile Appliance Earns You Tokens
- A water purifier launched by China Mobile is connected to the internet of things and will reward usage with crypto tokens.
- Bitcoin price prediction: Bullish flag pattern breakout looms- Confluence Detector
- The current declines come after a successful weekend trading where Bitcoin (BTC) broke above the resistance range with a hurdle at $3,900.
- Bitcoin Price Watch: BTC Dips Remain Supported Above $3860
- Bitcoin price corrected lower below $4,000 against the US Dollar. BTC is now trading above the $3,940 and $3,900 support levels and it could bounce ...
- Bitcoin price seems stalled near the $4000 level
- After breaking through the $4,000 level again yesterday, today Bitcoin (BTC) is still just slightly below the level. It appears stuck and is unable to ...
- Looking North? Bitcoin Price Dip Forms Bull Flag Pattern
- Bitcoin's minor pullback from two-week highs could end up fueling a breakout above the key hurdle of $4,140.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Near Make-or-Break Levels
- Bitcoin cash price started a downside correction after trading above $235 against the US Dollar. BCH/USD traded below $200 and it is currently ...
- Bitcoin Miner Maker Canaan Considering New York IPO: Report
- China-based Canaan, one of the biggest manufacturers of bitcoin mining chips and devices, is reportedly considering an initial public offering (IPO) in ...
- Dow Clings to 105 Point Gain as Trump Prepares Prime-Time Address on Border Security
U.S. stocks exploded higher on Tuesday, building off a solid pre-market session that was fueled by optimism on free trade and the easing of political tensions in Washington. President Trump will deliver a prime-time address Tuesday in an attempt to shore up public support for his proposed border wall with Mexico. Dow Jones Relief Rally
- Ten years of bitcoin is about more than boom, bubble and bust
- This weekend will mark the 10th anniversary of the very first transaction involving bitcoin. A decade later the future of bitcoins and the host of the ...
- How Bitcoin could become a truly useful currency
- Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin have seen their values gyrate over the past year, with the price of 1 bitcoin moving from $900 to nearly $20,000 in ...
- Bitcoin Will Pass $7 Trillion Gold Market Cap, Winklevoss Twins Say
- The biggest names in Bitcoin reaffirmed their belief in a wave of adoption and a sky-high Bitcoin price January 7, forecasting it to pass that of gold.
- 10 Years Ago Today, Satoshi Made Bitcoin a Public Network
- On January 8, 2009, Satoshi Nakamoto wrote to the Metzdowd cryptography mailing list about the initial release of Bitcoin. It was not his first e-mail on ...
- Here's Why Bitcoin's Future is so Bright: Digital Currency Group Exec
- Bitcoin tanked in 2018, but the future of cryptocurrencies remains bright because you can't stop progress. That's the assessment of Travis Scher, a vice ...
- Bitcoin [BTC/USD] Technical Analysis: The bulls have come to stay this time
- The world's first cryptocurrency, Bitcoin has been doing well for itself considering the previous year. The currency has picked itself up above the ...
- The True Cost of 51% Attacks on Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and the Crypto-Verse
The recent 51% attack on Ethereum Classic (ETC) has many in the crypto-verse wondering just how simple and cheap it is for thieves to attack various blockchains, trigger double spends and reap the rewards. The site Crypto51 tracks the theoretical cost of 51% attacks on each network. The cost of taking over ETC is estimated […]
- Winklevoss Twins Believe Bitcoin Will Surpass Gold, Remain Leading Crypto
- Save for Trace Mayer, Roger Ver, Jed McCaleb, Andreas Antonopoulos, and a mere handful of other early-stage Bitcoin (BTC) entrepreneurs, the ...
- Bitcoin price news: Is 2019 bitcoin's year to RISE? Bitcoin price predictions
- The January performance marks a decidedly more upbeat return for Bitcoin, which has fallen around 80 percent from its record high in December ...
- Newsflash: Sears Strikes Last Minute Agreement Avoiding Bankruptcy
Proposed offer from Eddie Lampart (former CEO of Sears Holdings) was previously rejected. Eddie Lampart was given one last chance to make an offer on Tuesday January 8th. Sears Holdings accepted a last minute deal, avoiding bankruptcy. CCN previously reported that Sears had rejected a bailout offer and would be liquidating its business instead. Now,
- Bitcoin's back above $4000. Here's why one trader's betting on a bigger rally
- Bitcoin bounces back. Trading bitcoin futures now, with CNBC's Seema Mody and the Futures Now traders, Jeff Kilburg and Jim Iuorio, both at the ...
- Bitcoin Lightning Network Continues To Boom Amid BTC Surge Past $4000
- Although the crypto market has barely budged since New Year's Day, save for Sunday's surge, Bitcoin's fundamentals have continued to outperform, ...
- BP Finds a Billion Barrels of Oil, Analysts Say Shares are a ‘Buy’
Using advanced technology, BP has discovered new oil reserves in the Gulf of Mexico. Many analysts are showing confidence in the stock and Goldman Sachs has reissued its “buy” rating for BP shares. BP Finds New Oil in Thunder Horse Fields Revealed today, BP has found 1 billion more barrels of crude oil at an
- Ethereum Classic Price Barely Moves Despite 51% Attack
When the 18th-largest cryptocurrency falls prey to a 51% attack, you’d expect it to make an impact on the coin’s short-term price movements. However, following a brief drop on Monday, the Ethereum Classic price is only performing moderately worse than its peers. CCN reported on Monday that Ethereum Classic’s team had used Twitter to warn
- Calling Crypto a ‘Harsh Mistress,’ ShapeShift Announces Major Layoffs
ShapeShift exchange has become the latest in a string of cryptocurrency and blockchain companies to announce major layoffs due to the ongoing cryptocurrency bear market. In a Medium post entitled “Overcoming ShapeShift’s Crypto Winter and the Path Ahead,” Erik Voorhees detailed several different factors behind the change of course and stated that one-third of the
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Curb Your Enthusiasm!
- Bulls made a surprising move but the follow through was less than satisfactory. Will Bitcoin price sustain above $4,000?
- Bitcoin Ransom: 9/11 Papers Hacker Group Banned from Steemit Platform
- Since we last reported on TheDarkOverlord, their Bitcoin address has only received an additional $800 or so. A post from 4 days ago reads:.
- Bitcoin mining rig maker Canaan shelves Hong Kong plan for US listing
- Canaan Creative, China's second biggest maker of bitcoin mining hardware, is considering listing in the United States after shelving plans for a Hong ...
- Bitcoin Could be Nearing Bull Territory as Technical Indicator Turns Positive
Ever since Bitcoin touched the low-$3,000 region in mid-December, its price has been gradually increasing and just yesterday broke above the $4,000 price level for the first time in a couple of weeks. Bitcoin’s relatively positive price action since it set its 2018 low around $3,200 has led one widely viewed technical indicator to turn...
- Don't be fooled – Bitcoin rally is a false dawn
- Two days ago, after struggling to shake off its Hogmanay hangover, bitcoin suddenly catapulted above $4,000. It was a spike that came from nowhere, ...
- Japan's Financial Watchdog Just Might Approve a Bitcoin ETF
- In comparison, the U.S. has already approved Bitcoin options and futures but is hesitant on approving a Bitcoin ETF. Despite the U.S. stance on ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC at $6000 Ideal, Bulls Vibrant
- Lifting enthusiasm is bulls' resilience and ability to maintain prices above $4,000 even with light volumes. Everything else constant, Bitcoin prices ...
- Exchange Says $200K in Ethereum Classic Lost As Blockchain Attacks Continue
- Cryptocurrency exchange Gate.io has corroborated claims that the ethereum classic network is under a 51 percent attack, disclosing a loss of 40,000 ETC.
- Coinfloor to Relaunch Crypto Derivatives Exchange With Stablecoin Futures
- CoinfloorEX, a bitcoin futures market, has been spun off from its parent company and will relaunch next month with a stablecoin futures product.
- Bitcoin Bulls Are Making Bold Bets On Its Long-Term Potential
- Bitcoin has made a strong start to the new year after a troubling 2018 and now some of the cryptocurrency's biggest supporters are making bold bets ...
- Winklevoss Twins Committed to Launching Bitcoin ETF
- Winklevoss Twins Committed to Launching Bitcoin ETF ... Following 2017's bull run for Bitcoin and altcoins, it was revealed that the twins' gamble on ...
- Brazil’s New President Jair Bolsonaro Shuts Down ‘Indigenous Cryptocurrency’ Project
Brazilian President Jair M. Bolsonaro has recently revealed through social media his administration has shut down a project that would see Brazil launch an “indigenous cryptocurrency.” The revelation came as he was criticizing the “BNDES black box” referring to contracts associated with the National Bank for Economic and Social Development, a federal public company associated
- Bitcoin Mining Chip Maker Canaan Considers US IPO
- (Bloomberg) -- Canaan Inc., China's second-biggest maker of Bitcoin mining hardware, is considering listing in the U.S. after shelving plans for a Hong ...
- Ethereum Foundation Grants $5 Million to Parity Technologies
- The Ethereum Foundation has awarded a grant of $5 million to Parity Technologies to support its work on ethereum 2.0.
- Report: Bitcoin Mining Equipment Manufacturer Canaan is Considering US IPO
- China's number-two Bitcoin mining equipment manufacturer, Canaan, is reportedly considering an initial public offering (IPO) in the United States.
- Ripple: 5 More Banks & Fintechs Will Use XRP Cryptocurrency
Ripple announced today that a total of 13 more financial institutions had joined RippleNet, putting the total at over 200. Of these, five of them will use the ripple (XRP) cryptocurrency for liquidity. Institutions named in the press release are: JNFX, SendFriend, Transpaygo, FTCS, and Euro Exim Bank. While they will use XRP to access
- Euro Exim Bank Taps Ripple’s xRapid for Cross-Border Settlements
- Euro Exim Bank is tapping Ripple's xRapid product, which uses the XRP cryptocurrency, for payments and settlements.
- What Bitcoin Needs Now
- After a few months of relative stability during which bitcoin traded within a fairly narrow band, the price of the coin took a sudden dive. From a high of ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis Jan.8: Following Anticipated Correction, Bitcoin is Ready for $4050 Resistance
- Over the past day, we've seen a correction in Bitcoin's value. The correction was anticipated, as reported here yesterday, reaching the $3950 support ...
- Bitcoin Exchange ShapeShift Cuts Third Of Staff In Extended “Crypto Winter”
- Referencing the fact that purging staff in the holiday season is taboo, and shouldn't be done out of etiquette and human decency, the Chinese Bitcoin ...
- Apple and Tesla shares on the blockchain could be the next big thing in crypto
- Cryptocurrencies had a wild 2018, tumbling well below some of the record highs seen toward the end of 2017. Bitcoin, once worth almost $20,000, ...
- Crypto Markets See Mixed Signals, Bitcoin Still Above $4000
- 8 — crypto markets are seeing mixed signals, according to data from Coin360, after a day mostly in the green. Bitcoin (BTC) still remains above current ...
- 2019 Off to Good Start with Bitcoin Price Spike
- 2018 has come and gone, and most crypto enthusiasts would prefer to just forget about the terribly bearish year that endlessly plagued bitcoin and its ...
- Bitcoin [BTC] is better at being gold than gold; will surpass the $7 trillion market cap, say ...
- A Reddit user, YRuafraid referred to Winklevoss' AMA of 2014 when the brothers predicted that Bitcoin price would hit $40,000 per BTC. The user ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Analysis: Revisiting Support at $4000
- Bitcoin is still consolidating in its triangle pattern visible on the 4-hour chart after recently getting rejected at $4,200. Price looks ready for another test ...
- France's Yellow Vest Bank Run: Could it be Bullish for Bitcoin?
- One Twitter user has used stated this could serve as an ideal opportunity for Bitcoin to prove itself as a stateless store-of-value in the aftermath of a ...
- 10 Years Ago Today, Satoshi Made Bitcoin a Public Network
On January 8, 2009, Satoshi Nakamoto wrote to the Metzdowd cryptography mailing list about the initial release of Bitcoin. It was not his first e-mail on the subject. However, it was the first when he had a working product to show for his idea. With no salutations, the e-mail starts out: Announcing the first release
- Buy Bitcoin! French Yellow Vests Start Bank Run
- On Monday, reports arose that France's Yellow Vest movement, an anti-establishment group with a distaste for President Emmanuel Macron and his ...
557676 at 23:54
557675 at 23:46
557674 at 23:26
557673 at 23:25
557672 at 23:12
557671 at 22:54
557670 at 22:50
557669 at 22:49
557668 at 22:31
557667 at 22:26
557666 at 22:16
557665 at 22:15
557664 at 22:10
557663 at 22:08
557662 at 22:06
557661 at 22:00
557660 at 21:41
557659 at 21:39
557658 at 21:22
557657 at 21:09
557656 at 21:08
557655 at 20:58
557654 at 20:54
557653 at 20:38
557652 at 20:32
557651 at 20:08
557650 at 20:08
557649 at 19:55
557648 at 19:50
557647 at 19:40
557646 at 19:29
557645 at 19:14
557644 at 19:14
557643 at 19:02
557642 at 18:53
557641 at 18:52
557640 at 18:46
557639 at 18:31
557638 at 18:14
557637 at 17:56
557636 at 17:23
557635 at 17:15
557634 at 17:13
557633 at 16:51
557632 at 16:35
557631 at 16:34
557630 at 16:32
557629 at 16:31
557628 at 16:28
557627 at 16:19
557626 at 16:05
557625 at 15:50
557624 at 15:49
557623 at 15:42
557622 at 15:34
557621 at 15:34
557620 at 15:31
557619 at 15:29
557618 at 15:28
557617 at 15:22
557616 at 15:08
557615 at 15:08
557614 at 14:36
557613 at 14:30
557612 at 14:20
557611 at 14:18
557610 at 14:17
557609 at 14:09
557608 at 13:36
557607 at 13:33
557606 at 13:07
557605 at 12:42
557604 at 12:41
557603 at 12:33
557602 at 12:25
557601 at 12:24
557600 at 12:10
557599 at 12:02
557598 at 12:00
557597 at 11:44
557596 at 11:25
557595 at 11:16
557594 at 11:08
557593 at 11:07
557592 at 11:04
557591 at 10:57
557590 at 10:43
557589 at 10:25
557588 at 10:15
557587 at 10:14
557586 at 10:03
557585 at 10:02
557584 at 09:55
557583 at 09:45
557582 at 09:36
557581 at 09:31
557580 at 09:26
557579 at 09:26
557578 at 09:18
557577 at 08:49
557576 at 08:33
557575 at 08:29
557574 at 08:28
557573 at 08:04
557572 at 07:52
557571 at 07:37
557570 at 07:28
557569 at 07:25
557568 at 07:16
557567 at 07:14
557566 at 07:09
557565 at 07:01
557564 at 06:50
557563 at 06:46
557562 at 06:45
557561 at 06:44
557560 at 06:27
557559 at 06:24
557558 at 06:24
557557 at 06:20
557556 at 06:18
557555 at 06:04
557554 at 05:52
557553 at 05:40
557552 at 05:40
557551 at 05:35
557550 at 05:29
557549 at 05:29
557548 at 05:27
557547 at 05:16
557546 at 05:10
557545 at 05:03
557544 at 04:57
557543 at 04:47
557542 at 04:46
557541 at 04:44
557540 at 04:40
557539 at 04:37
557538 at 04:30
557537 at 04:28
557536 at 04:17
557535 at 04:13
557534 at 04:13
557533 at 03:11
557532 at 02:58
557531 at 02:55
557530 at 02:50
557529 at 02:44
557528 at 02:37
557527 at 02:36
557526 at 02:34
557525 at 02:11
557524 at 02:06
557523 at 02:00
557522 at 01:37
557521 at 01:34
557520 at 01:34
557519 at 01:31
557518 at 01:22
557517 at 01:18
557516 at 01:08
557515 at 01:02
557514 at 01:02
557513 at 01:01
557512 at 00:53
557511 at 00:34
557510 at 00:27
557509 at 00:20
557508 at 00:18