Closing price: $4028.2917 Powered by Coindesk
- Venezuela Calls US Sanctions Against Its Petro Cryptocurrency ‘Discriminatory’
- Venezuela has filed a complaint against the U.S. with the World Trade Organization, highlighting sanctions against the petro as one issue.
- Dow Rally Plows Ahead as China Trade Optimism Grows
Stock indices including the Dow traded higher after Wednesday’s open and were on track for their fourth consecutive daily advance, as sentiment around U.S.-China trade negotiations improved following the conclusion of mid-level talks in Beijing. Recovery Continues All of Wall Street’s major indexes were holding onto firm gains as of mid-morning, with the Dow Jones
- Bitcoin holding above $4000, but market share is falling
- On Wednesday, a single bitcoin BTCUSD, +0.07% was last changing hands at $4,035.18, unchanged since Tuesday at 5 p.m. Eastern Time on the ...
- Bitcoin Trades Flat as Short Positions and Selling Volume Decline
- Bitcoin bulls have been ardently defending the $4,000 price level over the past several days, although they have not gained enough upwards ...
- 'Almost Lost My Business': Bitcoin Entrepreneurs Sound Off on Banking Struggles
- However, if you're an entrepreneur that runs a bitcoin startup, checking up constantly on one's banking relationships is just part of the job.
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Why the Defense at $4000 Will Not Hold
- The break above $4,000 has not really changed the interim bias of the bitcoin market. The cryptocurrency on Wednesday remained largely unchanged ...
- Kareken-Wallace and Cryptoassets: Why Bitcoin and Beam Are Not Perfect Substitutes
- Some prominent economists have begun to analyze formally the market for a privately issued outside money that they associate with Bitcoin.
- Decentralized Crypto Networks ‘Must be Susceptible to 51% Attacks’: Litecoin Creator Charlie Lee
Ethereum Classic (ETC), the smaller spinoff of Ethereum, is still reeling from the 51% attack that was carried out on its blockchain, resulting in the theft of more than $1 million in ETC tokens and an almost 10% erosion of the cryptocurrency’s value. Reactions to this attack have been pouring in from various quarters, including
- Dollar Vigilante: Bitcoin (BTC) Nearing Bottom, Institutional Money To “Explode Crypto”
- In a shortened version of BlockTV's interview, Berwick first noted that once Bitcoin, long touted as a way for consumers to “be their own bank,” is ...
- A New Blockchain Project is Generating 20% of Daily Bitcoin Transactions
- Recently, Bitcoin developers noticed some strange activity on the blockchain. Specifically, a large number of unidentified OP_RETURN transactions ...
- Crypto Visionary Nick Szabo Says Banks May Scrap ‘Physically Vulnerable’ Gold for Bitcoin
Computer scientist and cryptographer Nick Szabo says he believes central banks may decide to boost their reserves with crypto. The prediction is one of several made by Szabo at the first Israel Bitcoin Summit, as reported by Finance Magnates. “There’s going to be some situations where a central bank can’t trust a foreign central bank […]
- Crypto Investor: Bitcoin (BTC) Has Upside Potential Due To Non-Correlated Nature
- However, he added that from a statistical standpoint, the price action of Bitcoin has a close-to-zero correlation with traditional equities, including ...
- EU Banking Authority Urges Bitcoin Law, What it Means For BTC
- The European Banking Authority (EBA) has called for pan-EU rules on bitcoin and other crypto assets. The London-based regulatory agency reached ...
- Bitcoin IRA launches turnkey, white-label solutions for enterprise businesses
- BitcoinIRA.com, the world's largest and most secure cryptocurrency platform that enables the customers to buy Bitcoin along with other ...
- We Still Have Some Time Left For A Bitcoin ETF, Says eToro Chief
- A lot of people expect Bitcoin ETF to clear its US SEC regulatory hurdle by Q1 2019. While, there's still some time for the regulators to announce their ...
- 'Bitcoin has the potential to be worth a lot, or worth zero' says Bill Miller
- Bill Miller, in response to questions of whether investors should increase their holdings in Bitcoin, gives a reasoned response, noting in particular its ...
- US Department of Energy to Fund Blockchain Research Projects
- The U.S. Department of Energy is offering funding of up to $4.8 million for fossil energy research, including blockchain applications.
- Could Japan's Approval of the Bitcoin ETF Affect US SEC's Decision?
- On January 7, CCN reported that the Financial Services Agency (FSA) of Japan is considering the approval of the country's first Bitcoin ...
- Anti-Bitcoin JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon: No Recession Ahead, Dow is Rebounding
- Jamie Dimon — the anti-bitcoin CEO of JPMorgan Chase — says a global recession is not coming, so everyone needs to “take a deep breath” and ...
- Gundlach on 2019: Rising yields to hit stocks, trouble in bonds and a possible bitcoin bounce
- Many of DoubleLine Capital CEO Jeffrey Gundlach's predictions have come true, including the stock market's monster sell-off in December. Now here ...
- ‘Bitcoin At 10: Untold Stories,’ CoinDesk’s First Interactive Multimedia Feature
- France Starts Selling Bitcoin At 6 Tobacco Shops – 6500 By Next Month
- An initiative to sell Bitcoin (BTC) in France's 24,000 tobacco kiosks has tentatively launched despite votes of no confidence from the central bank and ...
- Qtum Completes First Atomic Swap With Bitcoin on Mainnet
- Qtum, a blockchain platform that merges the strength of Bitcoin's blockchain with the Ethereum Virtual Machine to build decentralized applications, has ...
- Beam Announces ‘Critical’ Vulnerability in Mimblewimble Crypto’s Wallet
- The Beam privacy coin's development team announced a "critical" vulnerability discovered in its wallet software Wednesday, telling users to remove old versions immediately.
- US Close to Trade Deal With China, Possible Impact on Stock Market
According to several reports, the U.S. and China are making progress on establishing a trade deal between the two major economies and analysts suggest that a potential trade agreement could have an immense impact on the stock market. Following up on China’s suspension of tariffs on U.S. car exports, the U.S. government has increased the
- European Finance Regulators Call for Bloc-Wide Crypto Rules
- Two top European finance regulators, the EBA and the ESMA, have separately said today that cryptocurrency and ICO rules are needed at the EU level.
- Bitcoin Goes on Sale in 24 French Tobacco Stores
- At least 24 tobacco shops have started selling bitcoin coupons in the French capital of Paris. Widely known as “tabacs”, the stores received regulatory ...
- 'It's Quite Cryptic': Normal People Explaining Bitcoin Shows It's Still Very Early
- This video by Naomi Brockwell of 'normies' explaining Bitcoin reminds us there's still a long way to go taking cryptocurrencies to the masses.
- It's Not Over: A Brief Bitcoin Crash History Lesson
- Things look pretty bleak in the crypto world right now. Bitcoin's price has declined by over 80% after reaching an all-time high last year. The anticipated ...
- From Bitcoin to Brexit, Here's What Investors Need to Watch for in 2019
- Is it possible that the US Federal Reserve's decision to tighten its balance sheet contributed to bitcoin and the wider cryptocurrency market losing ...
- Tron Price Rises 53% in Five Days – Is This TRX Run Sustainable?
The Tron price (TRX) on Wednesday maintained its bullish momentum despite a watchful sentiment across other cryptocurrencies. The TRX/USD rate today peaked towards 0.0306, up 53% for the week after posting five consecutive daily buying sessions. On a 24-hour adjusted timeframe, the pair has posted a whopping 13.56% gain against the US dollar. The strong
- How Much Will Jeff Bezos’ Divorce Cost the World’s Richest Man?
Jeff Bezos, world’s richest man and founder of Amazon, is getting a divorce from his wife Mackenzie Bezos. Jeff and Mackenzie Bezos were married for 25 years. Mackenzie Bezos could be worth more than $60 billion after the divorce. Jeff Bezos is getting a divorce from Mackenzie Bezos after 25 years. He posted a note on Twitter.
- New Bitrefill Service Aims to Make Lightning Payments Easy
- Now bitcoin users can send someone a lightning payment without the hassle of setting up channels.
- Regulators Begone: Bitcoin Goes on Sale in French Tobacco Shops
- Tobacco shops in France are the new counters to purchase Bitcoin thanks to Keplerk. In a follow up to its November 2018 announcement, the Parisian ...
- Bitcoin price analysis: BTC/USD bulls are hesitant, $4000 may give way
- Many cryptocurrency experts prefer to stay cautiously optimistic even after BTC/USD managed to settle above $4,000 handle. Bitcoin recovered nearly ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Analysis: Another Attempt to Break Higher
- Bitcoin is still stuck in consolidation for yet another day, but bulls are finding hope in the fact that price was able to hold its head above $4,100 again.
- Bullish Sentiment for Bitcoin Is at a 5-Month High
- The ratio of long-to-short positions placed on bitcoin (BTC) has reached its highest level in over five months on cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex.
- Dash Cryptocurrency: Single Wallet Owner Possesses 51% of Hashrate
The NicheHash crypto mining marketplace contains the majority of the hashpower on the Dash network. A concerned Reddit user raised the alarm today. Single Miner Mining More Than 50% of All Dash Blocks Dash has a total of almost 1,900 Terrhashes per second at time of writing. Meanwhile, NiceHash is responsible for more than 1,000
- Bitcoin Price Faces Minor Pullback as Indecision Creeps into Market
- With the bitcoin market showing signs of indecision, prices could soon retreat back below $4,000.
- Bitcoin Mining Giant Canaan Reportedly Eyeing IPO in NY
- Canaan, the second biggest Bitcoin mining hardware maker, is reportedly considering an IPO in the New York after shelving its Hong Kong IPO plans ...
- After Ethereum Classic Suffers 51% Hack, Experts Consider - Will Bitcoin Be Next?
- If and when Bitcoin and Ethereum are 51% attacked, the distributed ledger community at large should consider a deep re-evaluation of proof-of-work's ...
- Former NASDAQ Exec Joins Blockchain Startup Concordium
- Hans-Ole Jochumsen, who retired the last fall as Vice Chairman of NASDAQ Europe, has joined the advisory board of Concordium Foundation, the non-profit developing the Concordium Network blockchain.
- Are VeriBlock Transactions on the Bitcoin Network Helping or Harming BTC?
- According to reports from Bitcoin (BTC) developers, a startling amount of block space is being wasted on the Bitcoin network to secure the blockchains ...
- Toyota Shares Looking Bearish after 1.7 Million Vehicle Recall
Toyota has revealed it will recall another 1.7 million vehicles worldwide over airbag faults. The auto industry stalwart’s share price could be hit in the next session of trading. 23 Deaths Caused Worldwide by Takata Air Bag Inflators The latest recall is actually part of an ongoing recall program for Toyota which began in 2016
- China's Bitcoin mining hardware manufacturer Canan Inc. moves to US listings after shelving Hong ...
- China's second-biggest maker of Bitcoin mining hardware, Cannan Inc., shelved plans for a Hong Kong Initial Public Offering [IPO] and might consider ...
- Bitcoin Price Watch: BTC Buyers Not Out of Woods Yet
- Bitcoin price traded to a new weekly high above $4,100 against the US Dollar. BTC is correcting lower, but dips remain supported above $3,940 in the ...
- One Of The World's Richest People Is Backing Bitcoin--Here's Why
- Bitcoin has its fair share of backers and detractors, but it's not every day one of the world's richest people, in this case, Hong Kong billionaire Li ...
- As Dow Jones Rallies, Trading Bots Tell Investors to Short Everything
The Dow Jones Industrial Average is rebounding, but computer trading bots are alerting investors to short everything. Trading Bots Suspicious of Dow Winning Streak According to quantitative investment firm AlphaSimplex, algorithmic trading bots suggest shorting three major asset classes: stocks, currencies, and commodities. “Pretty much any way you run the models, you end up net short
- Bitcoin less Centralized Compared to Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash- Long Hash Research
- As per the finding of this research, it was concluded that Bitcoin was less centralized compared it to its peers, Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash. Long hash ...
- Security Firm Asks Exchanges to Help It Find Ethereum Classic ‘Attacker’
- Security firm SlowMist has come out with a public analysis of the latest chain attacks seen on ethereum classic.
- Decentralized Platform Qtum Introduces Bitcoin Atomic Swaps to Its Mainnet
- Blockchain platform Qtum is introducing Bitcoin (BTC) atomic swaps to its mainnet infrastructure, according to a press release shared with ...
- Crypto Startup CEO: “Gut Feeling” Is That Bitcoin (BTC) Will Fall Under $3000
- Lingham, a long-time entrepreneur in the nascent crypto industry and a “shark” on South Africa's Shark Tank panel, claimed that he expects for Bitcoin ...
- Bitcoin [BTC]: US sanctions could force Kremlin's hand into adopting Bitcoin for cash reserves
- The new year has been awfully kind to cryptocurrencies and especially Bitcoin, as the prices have escalated above the $4,000 range and stayed there ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Ranging, Russia's Grand Plans
- On the fundamental front, news has it that the Russian government has plans in place to diversify their cash holdings into Bitcoin in case sanctions are ...
- Decentralized Exchanges: 2019’s Key to a Dapp Comeback
- A class of dapp that we should all be excited about in the short term is the decentralized exchanges, says 256 Ventures' David Lu.
- Bitcoin price news: Will bitcoin CRASH below $4000 this year?
- Bitcoin (BTC) had a torrid time in 2018, which saw the flagship cryptocurrency slump to £2,889 ($3,687) by the end of the year. But the token has ...
- Crypto Market Update: Stellar (XLM), Bitcoin Cash, Tron (TRX), ADA Price Analysis
- Bitcoin cash is slowly moving higher towards $170. BTC, Ethereum, XRP, Stellar (XLM), Tron (TRX) and Cardano (ADA) are also gaining bullish ...
- County was targeted by Bitcoin scam
- The county was apparently among innumerable targets of the international Bitcoin bomb threat scam on Dec. 13, 2018, according to Tuesday night's ...
- Bitcoin Can Be Worth a Lot or Zero: Money Manager Bill Miller
- The bitcoin price has the potential to be worth a lot — or it can tank to zero, says Bill Miller, the founder of Miller Value Partners in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Bitcoin Lightning Network Showing Accelerated Growth
- Bitcoin is starting the new year off strong with not only an increase in price to over $4,000, but also an increase in Bitcoin's lightning network capacity.
- Insiders Say ConsenSys Faces a Hurdle to 2019 Rebound: Joe Lubin’s Grip
- ConsenSys insiders say ethereum co-founder Joe Lubin will need to welcome more stakeholders into the fold for his startups to survive.
- Bitcoin: Crypto Hedge Fund Says 'We'll See More Lows Before We Head Higher'
- Technical analysts believe the Bitcoin price is at a turning point. Using the GTI VERA Bands Indicator, a new Bloomberg article suggests that the ...
- (+) Your Guide to Precious Metals on the Blockchain
- Bitcoin latest: Is THIS the one thing putting investors OFF cryptocurrency?
- With more easy-to-understand knowledge about how things like bitcoin work, the leading figures claim mass adoption could come quickly throughout ...
- Data Suggests That Bitcoin Is Seeing Increasingly Bullish Sentiment
Although many investors and analysts alike were disappointed that Bitcoin and the overall cryptocurrency markets did not end 2018 on a high note, the markets may be seeing increasingly bullish sentiment from traders and investors alike, according to new data. If Bitcoin’s price does begin climbing as this data suggests, it is important that it...
- Pakistani Bank Teams With Alipay for Blockchain Remittances
- Pakistan-based Telenor Microfinance Bank has launched a remittances service using blockchain tech from Alipay.
- Bitcoin Exchanges and Wallet Services Should Get Pan-EU Rules, Says European Banking Authority
- Europe's top banking regulator wants lawmakers to look into creating pan-EU rules for cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, in order to give ...
- Bitcoin Holds Above $4000 Amid Checkered Market Outlook
- Top cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC) has been jaggedly trading sideways over the past three days, and is currently down a mild 1.4 percent on the day, ...
- Alt-Right Twitter Gab Spoke Too Soon: Square Account Now Deactivated
The declaration by free speech social network Gab that the firm was still allowed on Square’s bitcoin-friendly Cash App after being banned on other platforms may have been premature. This emerged after the social media platform that is occasionally referred to as “alt-right Twitter,” over its popularity with extremist right-wingers, disclosed that the personal Square
- Bitcoin [BTC] Easier to be Accessed for the French: 6500 Tobacco Shops to Sell
- Led by Keplerk fintech French group – Adil Zakhar together with the other co-founder's have commenced the project of making Bitcoin [BTC] buying ...
- CoinFLEX exchange to launch the world's first physical bitcoin futures
- In so doing CoinFLEX - Coin Futures and Lending Exchange - has beaten Intercontinental Exchange's (ICE) Bakkt physically settled bitcoin futures to ...
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Stellar, Tron, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price ...
- Similarly, Wall Street investor Bill Miller, who had invested in Bitcoin previously, expects the leading cryptocurrency to be worth either a lot more or ...
- The Case for a 2020 Bitcoin Bull Run
- In this educational op-ed, Pugilist Ventures' founder Christopher Brookins explains his main takeaways from the recent crypto market decline.
- Japan's Financial Regulator Denies Interest in Bitcoin ETF
- Japan's Financial Services Agency (FSA) has denied that it is considering allowing Bitcoin (BTC) exchange-traded funds (ETFs), Cointelegraph Japan ...
- Apple Cuts iPhone Production, But CEO Tim Cook Cashes in
An argument for decentralization and equality? Apple is cutting its production levels and will likely shift the Dow Jones Index and global stock markets again today. At the same time CEO Tim Cook is banking his biggest bonus ever. Apple Slashes iPhone Production Following Revenue Guidance Cuts After revising sales forecasts downwards, Apple is now
- Bitcoin [BTC/USD] Technical Analysis: Cryptocurrency's hold above $4000 acts as its new cushion
- Popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin [BTC], Ethereum [ETH] and XRP witnessed stagnated price holds in a scenario where Ethereum overtook XRP to ...
- Security Token Offerings: A Way Past the SEC’s Incomplete Crypto Guidance?
- Are STOs a way to pass the SEC's incomplete crypto guidance? Chi-Ru Jou explains what are the unresolved legal issues for STOs in the coming year.
- This chart pattern spells renewed danger for bitcoin, analyst says
- The Christmas rally that dragged bitcoin more than 25% off its 16-month low could be coming to an end, with a retest of recent lows on the cards, ...
- Bitcoin at the Brink as Gauge Signals an Inflection Point
- A technical measure that analysts who rely on historical price patterns to make their assumptions suggests that Bitcoin is on the brink of a large move.
557840 at 23:52
557839 at 23:40
557838 at 23:24
557837 at 23:14
557836 at 23:02
557835 at 22:58
557834 at 22:54
557833 at 22:34
557832 at 22:14
557831 at 22:13
557830 at 22:11
557829 at 22:08
557828 at 21:51
557827 at 21:47
557826 at 21:37
557825 at 21:25
557824 at 21:17
557823 at 21:14
557822 at 21:12
557821 at 21:10
557820 at 21:10
557819 at 21:07
557818 at 21:05
557817 at 20:54
557816 at 20:51
557815 at 20:49
557814 at 20:41
557813 at 20:37
557812 at 20:37
557811 at 20:22
557810 at 20:12
557809 at 20:10
557808 at 20:11
557807 at 19:56
557806 at 19:54
557805 at 19:50
557804 at 19:25
557803 at 19:22
557802 at 19:17
557801 at 19:16
557800 at 19:11
557799 at 18:58
557798 at 18:47
557797 at 18:46
557796 at 18:38
557795 at 18:18
557794 at 18:15
557793 at 18:12
557792 at 18:02
557791 at 18:00
557790 at 17:57
557789 at 17:55
557788 at 17:51
557787 at 17:39
557786 at 17:27
557785 at 17:22
557784 at 17:08
557783 at 17:02
557782 at 17:00
557781 at 16:38
557780 at 16:34
557779 at 16:34
557778 at 16:33
557777 at 16:22
557776 at 16:00
557775 at 15:08
557774 at 15:07
557773 at 15:02
557772 at 14:52
557771 at 14:32
557770 at 14:16
557769 at 13:56
557768 at 13:55
557767 at 13:43
557766 at 13:38
557765 at 13:38
557764 at 12:12
557763 at 12:05
557762 at 11:58
557761 at 11:58
557760 at 11:48
557759 at 11:37
557758 at 11:35
557757 at 11:31
557756 at 11:28
557755 at 11:26
557754 at 11:24
557753 at 11:15
557752 at 11:07
557751 at 11:05
557750 at 10:58
557749 at 10:55
557748 at 10:37
557747 at 10:37
557746 at 10:37
557745 at 10:34
557744 at 10:22
557743 at 10:09
557742 at 10:01
557741 at 09:57
557740 at 09:57
557739 at 09:54
557738 at 09:53
557737 at 09:53
557736 at 09:47
557735 at 09:32
557734 at 09:31
557733 at 09:07
557732 at 09:03
557731 at 08:59
557730 at 08:57
557729 at 08:51
557728 at 08:50
557727 at 08:45
557726 at 08:30
557725 at 08:28
557724 at 08:17
557723 at 08:12
557722 at 07:24
557721 at 07:08
557720 at 06:48
557719 at 06:40
557718 at 06:34
557717 at 06:32
557716 at 06:26
557715 at 06:15
557714 at 06:11
557713 at 06:01
557712 at 05:53
557711 at 05:46
557710 at 05:23
557709 at 05:19
557708 at 05:16
557707 at 05:10
557706 at 05:01
557705 at 04:44
557704 at 04:35
557703 at 04:31
557702 at 04:23
557701 at 04:22
557700 at 04:18
557699 at 04:16
557698 at 04:10
557697 at 03:58
557696 at 03:54
557695 at 03:23
557694 at 03:15
557693 at 02:57
557692 at 02:54
557691 at 02:44
557690 at 02:40
557689 at 02:39
557688 at 02:29
557687 at 01:58
557686 at 01:46
557685 at 01:30
557684 at 01:18
557683 at 00:59
557682 at 00:47
557681 at 00:39
557680 at 00:20
557679 at 00:18
557678 at 00:14
557677 at 00:02