Closing price: $3669.5825 Powered by Coindesk
- The First Live Enterprise Blockchain Sets Sights on Every Area of Global Trade
- Trade finance DLT platform we.trade is seeking partnerships with other networks, with TradeLens and Tradeshift as prime candidates.
- Technical Indicator Signals That Bitcoin is Gearing Up for a Huge Price Move
For the past several days, Bitcoin bulls have been defending $4,000, which is increasingly becoming a level of support for the cryptocurrency. Despite this, it has not yet built up enough buying pressure to propel its price beyond the low-$4,000 range. Now, one widely used technical indicator is signaling that Bitcoin could be reaching an...
- Is there life after bitcoin?
- Tales of visionaries who'd racked up fortunes on the back of bitcoin's meteoric rise stoked the euphoria. And, they said, there was more easy money to ...
- Ripple (XRP) Price Aligned for More Gains versus Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ripple price formed a solid support at 0.0000900BTC and traded higher against bitcoin. XRP is placed nicely in a positive zone and it could accelerate ...
- Japanese Regulators Deny Interest in Bitcoin ETF
- Bitcoin (BTC), Cryptocurrency, Exchange-Traded Fund–With Bitcoin maintaining its rally above $4,000 to end the first week of 2019, there is brewing ...
- Bitcoin Price Watch: BTC Likely Preparing For Bullish Ride
- Bitcoin price is gaining bullish momentum above $4,000 against the US Dollar. BTC remains supported on dips and it may soon climb above the ...
- Bitcoin Falls More Than 10% After Sentiment Turns Negative
- Bitcoin lost more than 10% today, following many digital currencies lower after market research showed a decline in investor sentiment. The price of ...
- Will Bitcoin replace fiat money?
- A good number of crypto experts believe without a shadow of a doubt that one day, the world's number one cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, will eventually ...
- NYC Opens Blockchain Center, Staying Course After Bitcoin Sinks
- New York isn't giving up on the digital-ledger technology that makes Bitcoin and other tokens work even after last year's collapse of the cryptocurrency ...
- French Tobacco Shops Start Selling Bitcoin Despite Regulatory Uncertainty
- Several tobacco shops in Paris, France, have started selling Bitcoin (BTC) for fiat despite regulatory uncertainty, Reuters reports Tuesday, Jan. 8.
- Bitcoin Bubble Has Popped but Hope for ETF Remains
- The crypto craze isn't over, though a Barron's poll indicates otherwise. True, with bitcoin below $4,000—in late 2017 it was trading at $20,000—it isn't ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Falls 5% Amid Sudden Crypto Market Meltdown
- On Wednesday night, The Crypto Dog, a leading Bitcoin analyst, took to his Twitter page, which sports over 100,000 followers, to draw attention to the ...
- Bitcoin [BTC/USD] Technical Analysis: Bulls show no signs of leaving
- The world's first cryptocurrency, Bitcoin has been holding strong above the $4,000 range with a market cap of $70 billion. Bitcoin rose by 20.55% over ...
- 10 Years Ago Today, Hal Finney Started 'Running Bitcoin'
- From Satoshi Nakamoto. He was enthusiastic about the project from the beginning. He posted the first known tweet about Bitcoin ten years ago today: ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) drops like a stone amid total cryptocurrency sell-off
- Bitcoin dropped like a stone ahead of European opening. The first digital coin is trading below $3,800 handle, losing nearly 5% in a matter of hours.
- Bitmain Scales Back Texas Bitcoin Mine
- One reason Young cited for the decision to scale back was the precipitous drop in the value of bitcoin, the cryptocurrency the company focuses its ...
- Jeff Bezos’ Affair With Married Lauren Sanchez Puts World’s Largest Fortune At Risk
In an earlier report about the Bezos divorce, CCN wondered if Jeff Bezos and his wife MacKenzie had used a prenuptial agreement when they were married in 1993. Perhaps unfortunately for Jeff, they did not, TMZ reports. Was Jeff Bezos Cheating? Reportedly, Jeff Bezos has been officially carrying on a relationship with married Lauren Sanchez
- Top 3 Price Prediction Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum: Russia Sees Bitcoin As A Key To Access The ...
- Technically, the move has not changed the previous scenario but puts pressure on Bitcoin, which has failed to move away from the relative lows in ...
- Macy’s and American Airlines Shares Fall, Dow Jones Holds on
After four days of stock market recovery and gains on the Dow Jones Industrial Average and elsewhere, the markets are at risk of slipping back. Macy’s and American Airlines revised forecasts, sending their stock prices spiraling. The Dow Jones, the overriding indicator of America’s largest companies, began to fall after nearly a week of recovery.
- Breaking: Bitwise Enters The Bitcoin ETF Ring, Files SEC Application
- On Thursday, Bitwise Asset Management, a leading crypto index and fund provider headquartered in San Francisco, announced that it filed a Bitcoin ...
- The Future of Bitcoin After a Sudden Stumble
- Bloomberg Opinion's Stephen Gandel and Sonny Singh, Bitpay Inc.'s chief commercial officer, debate the value and the factors behind a decline in ...
- 50% of Bitcoin Supply Hasn't Moved in a Year, 20% May Be Lost Forever
- Bitcoin (BTC) earned its digital gold comparison due to a number of factors, but none more-so than its pre-programmed scarcity. There can only ever ...
- Bitcoin Analysis: Bullish Correction Still Possible if Price Holds Above $3550
- The bitcoin price on Thursday plunged more than 8 percent across the Asian and European trading session, according to aggregated market data at ...
- Bitwise Submits Bitcoin ETF Filing Saying '2019 Should Be The Year'
- Cryptocurrency asset management firm, Bitwise, has submitted another Bitcoin ETF filing to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission ...
- Amazon Developing New Game Streaming Service to Compete with Microsoft and Google
Not to be outdone by its FAANG and other technology rivals, it appears Amazon has been secretly developing a game streaming service. It looks set to compete with Microsoft and Google with instant video games housed on powerful servers. Cloud-based gaming, which will negate the need for downloads or game cards, could be one of
- BlackRock's Anti-Bitcoin CEO Larry Fink's Heir is Crypto Critic Mark Wiedman
- Larry Fink, the anti-bitcoin CEO of BlackRock (world's largest asset manager controlling $6.29 trillion), promoted senior managing director Mark ...
- Warning: Crypto Scammers are Taking Advantage of Ethereum Hard Fork Concerns
Upcoming forks in Ethereum and Ethereum Classic have given opportunity to scammers. Two alleged “hard fork” versions are trying to steal money from users of both. Ethereum Nowa claims to be forking away from ETH. Ethereum Classic Vision claims to fork away from ETC. These forks are allegedly in response to regularly scheduled network upgrades
- Newsflash: Bitcoin Price Falls Near $3750
- Bitcoin price retreated below $4,000 for the first time this week to trade near $3,750 during Thursday's early trading period. The price of bitcoin, the ...
- Canada's Elections Body Grapples with Bitcoin Donations
- Canada's elections agency, Elections Canada, has invited views on how to handle the use of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin in political fundraising.
- Bitcoin price news: Why did bitcoin DROP this morning?
- The last 12 months have proved tricky for bitcoin, which witnessed BTC lose most of its value. But bitcoin has enjoyed a promising start to the year, ...
- Finance Legend Spearheads New Bitcoin ETF, Files With SEC and Expects Launch in 2019
Bitwise Asset Management has filed a Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) proposal with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. The initial registration statement on Form S-1 is dated January 10. The proposed Bitwise Bitcoin ETF Trust is spearheaded by John Hyland, global head of exchange-traded funds for Bitwise and the former chief investment officer of United States Commodity Funds […]
- Bitmain Poised to Appoint Tech Chief as New CEO, Says Report
- Cryptocurrency mining giant Bitmain may be about to appoint its product engineering director as CEO.
- Lawyers Rush In: New UNH Blockchain Program Nabs Big-Name Speakers
- “A crypto winter for the price is a crypto summer for attorneys." And University of New Hampshire Law School is now addressing that demand.
- What Caused Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash to Plunge 15% in Less Than 4 Hours?
- In the last 4 hours, $9 billion were wiped out of the crypto market as Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash recorded a 14 percent drop respectively against the ...
- Bitcoin hovering around $4000 as market is indecisive
- Bitcoin is trading in a very narrow range both above and below the $4,000 level. It has been unable to challenge key resistance levels above $4,000 ...
- Is Bitcoin Crashing? [Video]
- Bitcoin fell hard this morning but is it crashing or a symptom of a wider sell off across all global markets? Also a look at Ethereum which has a potential ...
- Bits of Gold CEO: B2B Demand Increased Despite Falling BTC Price [Interview]
- Bitcoinist caught up with Youval Rouach, co-founder and CEO of Bitcoin of Gold, an Israeli Bitcoin cryptocurrency trading platform. Rouach explains ...
- “Bitcoin Could Make it to 5k”. Anti-Crypto and Investment Guru Jeffrey Gundlach Says
- Despite not being the most pro-bitcoin investor, Jeffrey Gundlach recently commented that Bitcoin could easily give traders and hodlers a 25% profit in ...
- Bitcoin Price Slips Below $3.8K as Bullish Bets Tank
- Bitcoin is losing altitude as an unwinding of bullish bets is creating downward pressure on prices.
- Seed CX Launches New Wallet Features for Institutional Clients
- Seed CX is offering each of its customers their own unique wallet in hopes that this will throw up roadblocks for any malicious actors looking to steal funds.
- Bitcoin stumbles below $4000 in sudden overnight drop
- Bitcoin's struggles are continuing into 2019. The world's largest cryptocurrency dropped 6 percent on Thursday morning to a low of $3,741.91, ...
- Trump May Expect a Trade Resolution With China Before Ending the Government Shutdown
U.S. President Donald Trump appears positive over recent trade talks with China. But Trump is not so upbeat about coming to an agreement with the Democrats and ending the government shutdown. Could a trade resolution with China happen before the government starts to pay its employees? As Trump left for his visit to Texas and
- Dark Overlord Group: Keep the Bitcoin flowing, We'll Keep the Truth Flowing
- The Dark Overlord hacker group who last week grabbed headlines when it announced it was prepared to share 9/11 secrets in exchange for Bitcoin ...
- Bitwise Asset Management files for new bitcoin-backed ETF
- Crypto index fund provider Bitwise Asset Management applied to launch a new bitcoin-backed exchange-traded fund (ETF) with the Securities and ...
- Cameron Winklevoss: “We Know We Aren’t Going to Please Everyone”
Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss did an Ask Me Anything session on Reddit following a full-page advertisement in the New York Times. The twins answered some of the questions asked, including this one, which CCN also recently reported on. Some voices in crypto took umbrage with your recent advertising campaign in NY. The slogan read “Gemini:
- China’s Internet Censor to Start Regulating Blockchain Firms Next Month
- China’s internet censorship agency is bringing in regulations for blockchain service providers in the country.
- Daily On-Chain Bitcoin Transactions Hit Yearly High
- Despite the prolonged bear market of 2018, the year has seen a steady increase in the number of confirmed Bitcoin transactions. They are currently at ...
- Bitcoin Price Tumbles 10% as Crypto Markets Flash Red
- The price of bitcoin fell more than 10 percent during Thursday's trading session as the cryptocurrency erased a large portion of its recent gains. At 6:00 ...
- Bitcoin plunges sharply and suddenly
- It may be 2019, but bitcoin is back to its bad habits of 2018. The largest cryptocurrency by market cap plunged sharply and suddenly early Thursday, ...
- Bitcoin tumbles 5% as broader crypto market loses nearly $10 billion
- In Thursday trading a single bitcoin, BTCUSD, -5.62% the largest cryptocurrency, was fetching $3,810.53, down 5.4% since Wednesday's level at 5 ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Analysis: Bulls Defend Triangle Support Again!
- Bitcoin continues to move sideways inside its symmetrical triangle visible on the 4-hour chart. Price appears to have bounced off support again to form ...
- Snitch: Trump Ex-Lawyer Michael Cohen to Testify on Capitol Hill
Michael Cohen, US President Donald Trump’s former lawyer, is due to testify against his former boss on February 7 in front of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee before beginning a three-year prison term for multiple charges. Cohen has admitted to offering “hush-money” to two women regarding their affairs with Donald Trump, paying porn
- Bitcoin Hits Tobacco Shops in France – 6,500 Stores to Sell Crypto to Retail Customers
Bitcoin is now officially available for purchase at six French tobacco shops, aka tabacs. Keplerk, the French fintech firm and cryptocurrency wallet provider that launched the vouchers-for-Bitcoin initiative, plans to roll out into 6,500 additional tabacs by February. According to a Europe1 report from November 2018, Keplerk obtained authorization to sell cryptocurrencies as of January 1, […]
- Federal Reserve’s Jerome Powell “Very Worried” About Massive U.S. Debt
Jerome Powell said today that the Federal Reserve has no choice but to face the mounting U.S. debt balance. That negative balance is now $21.9 trillion. The annual U.S. deficit has reached sustained highs of over $1 trillion. Speaking at The Economic Club of Washington, D.C today Powell said: “I’m very worried about it.” Referring
- Cryptocurrency analysts predict the end of the Bitcoin bear market
- Blockchain investigators have employed a neat method for analyzing Bitcoin BTC activity to determine at what point long-term holders typically yield ...
- Flash Crash: Bitcoin [BTC] plunges below $3800 support; XRP crumbles under pressure of the bear
- Bitcoin was showing good signs of an uptrend after a very long time, but has now dropped down below the $4,000-line, which was being held up ...
- Nasdaq-Powered DX.Exchange Says It Has Patched Security Vulnerability
- DX.Exchange claims it has patched a security vulnerability allowing anyone access to user authentication tokens.
- Bitcoin Cash Price Analysis: To $400 or $70 Depends on BCH Price Reaction at $230 and $150
- Recently, a high ranking official with the Bank of International Settlement said Bitcoin is an “evil spawn of a crisis”. In yet another incident, the General ...
- Security Token Trades on Regulated Platform in Market First
- Regulated broker-dealer SharesPost says it has successfully executed its first secondary trade of security tokens on a blockchain.
- Bitcoin tumbles below $3600, will we be seeing $3000 soon?
- It has been a difficult Thursday for Bitcoin as its price tumbled from above $4000 to $3850 in a matter of minutes, only to drop further down to $3570 in ...
- Bitcoin Tumbles 10%, Ending Nearly a Month of Stable Trading
- Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies entered another period of selloff Thursday, ending a period of recovery and stability that had endured for much of ...
- Billionaire ‘Bond King’ Weighs Stocks and Bitcoin, World Bank Forecasts ‘Darkening Skies’ and Federal Reserve Prepares to Press Pause
'Bond King' Jeffrey Gundlach, founder of DoubleLine Capital LP, an investment firm with $200 billion under management, gave his 2019 outlook on stocks and Bitcoin while speaking on his annual "Just Markets" webcast.
- Bitcoin Falls Suddenly, Dragging Ripple (XRP) And Ethereum Down--But Tron Leaps Higher
- Bitcoin has dropped suddenly this morning, dragging down the wider cryptocurrency market, including Ripple's XRP and ethereum—though tron, ...
- An Easy 25 Percent: 'Bond King' Jeffrey Gundlach Predicts Bitcoin Price Gains
- Jeffrey Gundlach, the CEO of DoubleLine Capital who manages over US$200 billion in assets, has a tip for speculators – bitcoin price could rise to ...
- Bitcoin Declines as Cryptocurrencies Take a Sudden Lurch Lower
- The Bloomberg Galaxy Crypto Index, a gauge of the largest cryptocurrencies, fell 7.7 percent as Bitcoin's rival tokens, including Ether, Litecoin and ...
- Bitwise Files for New Bitcoin ETF With SEC
- Crypto startup Bitwise Asset Management has proposed a new bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) that it says would address the regulatory concerns ...
- Bitcoin Price Tanks $250 In Minutes But Analysts Say Bullish Trend Intact
- The Bitcoin price abruptly fell $250 January 10 as a fresh wave of volatility washed away the calm which had characterized markets this week.
- Bitcoin [BTC]: 51% attack is really hard, says core developer
- However, post the announcement, the main highlight was the possibility of other Proof-of-Work going through a similar attack, especially on Bitcoin ...
- NYC Bets on Crypto: Opens 4,000-Sq-Foot Blockchain Center amid Bitcoin Bear Market
New York City is doubling-down on crypto despite the bitcoin bear market. The NYC Economic Development Corp. opened a 4,000-square-foot Blockchain Center on Thursday (Jan. 10) amid the Crypto Winter. Why? Because the EDC is in it for the long haul, says an executive. “We are playing the long game,” Ana Arino — the chief strategy
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Slide 6.1%, Bull Party Over?
- Buttressing Bitcoin are exchanges—a set of on-off ramps allowing buyers and sellers to exchange digital asset. As centralized marketplaces, they are ...
- Nick Szabo: Central Banks Might Switch From 'Physically Vulnerable' Gold to Bitcoin
- Speaking at the Israel Bitcoin Summit at Tel Aviv University on January 8th, legendary cryptographer, Nick Szabo, said that national central banks ...
- Why the Crypto Market Remains ‘Moderately Bearish’ in 2019
With the exception of Ethereum, which seems to have started the year with all guns blazing ahead of the Constantinople fork, it won’t surprise anyone that the market analysts SFOX rate crypto as “moderately bearish” entering 2019. In fact, with further sharp drops in all major coins today, perhaps even the word “moderately” is wishful
- Thai Finance Ministry Awards Licenses to 4 Crypto Firms, Rejects 2
- Thailand's Ministry of Finance has granted digital asset business licenses to four crypto firms, while rejecting two others.
- Crypto Mining Malware Has Netted Nearly 5% of All Monero, Says Research
- Hackers have mined at least 4.32 percent of the total monero in circulation, worth nearly $40 million today, according to new research.
- Walmart & Target Thrive While Macy’s, Kohl’s Crash on Weak Holiday Sales
Retailers are suffering in a very general way, with Sears fighting liquidation efforts and most stores posting disappointing figures. Shares in Macy’s (M) are down roughly 16% over the 24-hour period on the Big Board. Post-holiday sales figures of today disappoint everyone. It began the 24-hour period at over $31, but by the time of
- Two Thirds of Korean Crypto Exchanges Fail Government Security Check
- Only seven out of 21 South Korean cryptocurrency exchanges inspected got a full pass in a recent government security audit.
- Bitcoin Price Analysis Jan.10: BTC Breaks Down to $3800 Following a Long Squeeze
- When you don't break up, you lose momentum, then quickly lose stability and break down. As we all know, Bitcoin is a volatile asset. Maybe the most ...
- Bitcoin Dips Below $3700 as All Top Cryptos See Severe Losses
- At press time, Bitcoin is down over 9 percent on the day, trading at around $3,661. Looking at its weekly chart, the current price is lower than $3,888, ...
- Bitcoin Plunges Amidst Overall Crypto Market Downturn
- Following the crypto market's recent stability, Bitcoin has now led the markets down and has erased all the gains it incurred this past weekend. Today's ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Analysis: Primed To Break $4200
- Bitcoin price tested the $4,000 support recently and recovered later. BTC/USD is slowly moving higher and it could soon break the $4,200 and $4,300 ...
557996 at 23:59
557995 at 23:58
557994 at 23:52
557993 at 23:43
557992 at 23:41
557991 at 23:30
557990 at 23:29
557989 at 23:24
557988 at 22:56
557987 at 22:52
557986 at 22:42
557985 at 22:37
557984 at 22:24
557983 at 22:21
557982 at 22:17
557981 at 22:07
557980 at 21:58
557979 at 21:35
557978 at 21:33
557977 at 21:31
557976 at 21:24
557975 at 21:06
557974 at 20:45
557973 at 20:44
557972 at 20:32
557971 at 20:24
557970 at 20:22
557969 at 20:22
557968 at 20:14
557967 at 19:52
557966 at 19:34
557965 at 19:33
557964 at 19:26
557963 at 19:24
557962 at 19:00
557961 at 18:35
557960 at 18:18
557959 at 18:13
557958 at 18:09
557957 at 18:06
557956 at 17:54
557955 at 17:54
557954 at 17:48
557953 at 17:38
557952 at 17:12
557951 at 17:07
557950 at 17:04
557949 at 16:57
557948 at 16:52
557947 at 16:22
557946 at 16:12
557945 at 16:10
557944 at 16:06
557943 at 15:55
557942 at 15:45
557941 at 15:30
557940 at 15:27
557939 at 15:04
557938 at 14:50
557937 at 14:32
557936 at 14:26
557935 at 14:15
557934 at 14:07
557933 at 13:57
557932 at 13:55
557931 at 13:55
557930 at 13:54
557929 at 13:53
557928 at 13:52
557927 at 13:49
557926 at 13:38
557925 at 13:31
557924 at 12:44
557923 at 12:44
557922 at 12:42
557921 at 12:31
557920 at 12:28
557919 at 12:24
557918 at 12:03
557917 at 11:55
557916 at 11:42
557915 at 11:30
557914 at 11:30
557913 at 11:26
557912 at 11:16
557911 at 11:09
557910 at 11:07
557909 at 11:04
557908 at 10:56
557907 at 10:55
557906 at 10:53
557905 at 10:52
557904 at 10:52
557903 at 10:45
557902 at 10:21
557901 at 10:14
557900 at 10:14
557899 at 09:53
557898 at 09:40
557897 at 08:48
557896 at 08:41
557895 at 08:32
557894 at 08:03
557893 at 07:50
557892 at 07:49
557891 at 07:48
557890 at 07:37
557889 at 07:22
557888 at 07:20
557887 at 06:58
557886 at 06:46
557885 at 06:21
557884 at 06:08
557883 at 06:04
557882 at 05:55
557881 at 05:46
557880 at 05:19
557879 at 05:15
557878 at 05:14
557877 at 04:59
557876 at 04:44
557875 at 04:17
557874 at 04:12
557873 at 04:10
557872 at 04:10
557871 at 04:07
557870 at 03:59
557869 at 03:47
557868 at 03:43
557867 at 03:41
557866 at 03:40
557865 at 03:28
557864 at 03:19
557863 at 03:10
557862 at 03:04
557861 at 03:01
557860 at 02:53
557859 at 02:42
557858 at 02:39
557857 at 02:37
557856 at 02:22
557855 at 02:21
557854 at 02:05
557853 at 02:04
557852 at 02:01
557851 at 01:47
557850 at 01:27
557849 at 01:17
557848 at 01:08
557847 at 00:58
557846 at 00:56
557845 at 00:53
557844 at 00:39
557843 at 00:35
557842 at 00:06
557841 at 00:00