Closing price: $5423.66 Powered by Coindesk
- Square's Bitcoin Revenue Jumped to $65.5 Million in Q1, Its Highest Ever
- Payments company Square reported its first-quarter earnings today, revealing strong growth in bitcoin sales through its Cash app. Founded by Twitter ...
- Crypto Market Wrap: Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Leading $6 Billion Surge
- Bitcoin's push back to resistance levels has heaved market capitalization back up to $175 billion. Just when it looked like BTC would drop through ...
- 'Demographic Megatrend': 20% of All Young US Adults Now Owns Bitcoin
- What is surprising, however, is that Blockchain Capital conducted the same survey in 2017 during the height of the Bitcoin bull market. BTC was up ...
- Crypto-Friendly Quebec Discounts Electricity, Luring Bitcoin Miners into Canada
- By CCN.com: Canada aims to lure cryptocurrency miners by offering cheap electricity in Quebec. The city's energy authority, Régie de l'énergie, has ...
- No Cash For Sale: In World First 'Bitcoin' City
- The UK's Sun newspaper is touting the 'World's first Bitcoin city' today, where all cash is banned. Backers of the venture hope that Melaka Straits City ...
- Bitcoin Usage Spikes as BTC Price Surges 43% YTD; Bullish Indicator?
By many measures, the past few months have been absolutely monumental for the crypto. Facebook, Samsung, HTC, among other technology giants have doubled-down on blockchain. Fidelity and E*Trade are both rumored to soon be offering spot Bitcoin (BTC) trading, as Nasdaq and the Intercontinental Exchange (through Bakkt) look to launch cryptocurrency futures. And big names...
- Discovering (A Lack Of) Price Discovery Amid Bitcoin Fraud Allegations
- Reports came from Bloomberg this week that bitcoin, the marquee name of cryptocurrencies, was trading at a several hundred dollar premium on one ...
- Crypto’s Mark Zuckerberg Pitches ‘SpaceX Coin’ to Elon Musk
By CCN.com: The CEO of Binance, the world’s largest bitcoin exchange, is courting Elon Musk to hop on the crypto bandwagon by teasing a proprietary SpaceX cryptocurrency. CZ: Crypto can finance space exploration Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao made the pitch on Twitter, where he quipped: “SpaceXcoin, Elon Musk. Space exploration shall be funded globally using crypto. Investors shall have their names inked on the blockchain.” Zhao has been called the “Mark Zuckerberg of Crypto” for his pioneering efforts with Binance, which rocketed become the No. 1 cryptocurrency exchange two years after it launched in 2017. Zhao earned the moniker from
- A Bitcoin (BTC) Bull Run Is Inbound, Long-Term Trends Show
- Bitcoin (BTC) may have collapsed by 7% last week off news that Tether's USDT might not be entirely backed, but one long-term-centric analyst argues ...
- Ripple (XRP) Price Could Struggle To Recover Versus Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ripple price extended losses below the 0.0000600 support level against bitcoin. XRP started a decent correction from 0.0000535, but it won't be easy ...
- MakerDAO Demos Tech to Back Stablecoin DAI With Any Crypto Asset
- A highly anticipated upgrade to the programmatic lending platform MakerDAO will also feature a brand new webpage design for users.
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Signaling Bullish Continuation Above $5400
- Bitcoin price finally gained traction above $5,200 and $5,300 against the US Dollar. BTC price is back in a bullish zone and it could even surpass the ...
- Bitfinex Shareholder Provides More Details About Potential $1 Billion Token Sale
- Bitfinex shareholder Zhao Dong has detailed the timing and features of the exchange's potential $1 billion token sale.
- Bitcoin Trader: Big Money is Net Long, Re-Accumulation Expected at $10K
- In recent months, Bitcoin price has been following an uptrend ever since the leading crypto by market cap retested bear market lows at $3,350 where it ...
- Bitcoin Gained In April. What's Next For The Cryptocurrency?
- Bitcoin prices rose in April, marking the third straight month of gains. At this point, the question on everyone's mind is: what will the market's most ...
- Grayscale Investments Is Branding Bitcoin The New Gold
- Bitcoin is often referred to as digital gold but the first scarce digital asset has a long way to go before it even comes close to gold's total worth and ...
- Bitcoin Price Rise After Tether Scandal Shows End of Crypto Winter: Fundstrat
On Tuesday, the crypto asset market began to move higher, shocking many investors across the board. As of the time of writing this, Bitcoin (BTC) is trading at $5,380, posting a 2.81% gain in the past 24 hours. Most altcoins, like Ethereum, are up even further, with Litecoin flouting a hefty 7.26% 24-hour rally. Even...
- Bitcoin price analysis: BTC/USD stays marginally above $5300, RSI implies that the recovery may ...
- Bitcoin's short-term technical picture. On the intraday charts, BTC/USD has settled above the previously broken channel support and SMA200 (1-hour) ...
- 'Drop Gold' Now: Crypto Investment Firm Advertises Bitcoin as Superior
- By CCN: Grayscale Investments is starting a movement urging all investors to drop gold and replace it with the better store-of-value, bitcoin.
- Bitcoin [BTC]: Scaling and Halving will chart the course of Bitcoin's next 100 years, predicts Cobra
- Charting the course that Bitcoin will take has been an arduous task. With cryptocurrency's first decade over, the next few years will determine the path ...
- Bitcoin tycoon Silbert kicks off ad campaign against 'overpriced metal' gold
- The campaign seeks to highlight gold's flaws, homing in on its clunkiness and touts bitcoin as more secure and borderless. To kick things off, the ad ...
- Techstars-Backed Alkemi Enters DeFi Race With $16 Million Liquidity Pool
- This new startup wants to plug exchanges, funds and other traditional players into the broader DeFi movement.
- Payment Platform Square's Q1 2019 Bitcoin Revenue High, Crypto Profits Low
- Payment platform Square saw a new revenue high from bitcoin (BTC) sales through its Cash app, while profits from Bitcoin sales remained low, ...
- Is Bitcoin's Surging On-Chain Volume Bullish, or Just the Result of Recent Rallies?
- Although many traders and analysts alike are currently looking towards relatively small Bitcoin price movements for greater insight into where the ...
- Crypto Market Smashes Resistance: Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, EOS, ADA Analysis
- The crypto market cap cleared many hurdles, with positive moves in bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH). Altcoins such as bitcoin cash, litecoin (LTC), ...
- CFTC Chair: ‘Explosion of Interest’ in Crypto May Spawn New Clearinghouses
- CFTC Chairman Giancarlo expects new firms to apply to become federally-regulated clearinghouses so they can offer crypto futures.
- CoinMarketCap Forms Alliance to Tackle Concerns Over Price Data Integrity
- Crypto data provider CoinMarketCap is working with major exchanges on an initiative aimed to boost transparency in price data reporting.
- The Case for Bitcoin as a Store-of-Value, Can it Really Rival Gold Going Forward?
- Bitcoin has been compared to gold many times before. In the advertising campaign announced earlier today, in 30 seconds, Grayscale Investments ...
- Will Gold Investors Buy Bitcoin? A 'Drop Gold' TV Campaign Bets They Will
- The cryptocurrency company Grayscale is making the case for Bitcoin with an unprecedented multi-million dollar marketing campaign that includes a ...
- John McAfee Dares Bitcoin SV Creator Craig Wright to Explain ‘Conman’ Insult in Tea Throwdown
By CCN.com: The war of words between 2020 U.S. presidential candidate John McAfee and self-proclaimed Bitcoin creator Craig Wright is not going to let up anytime soon. After Wright branded the cryptocurrency influencer a ‘conman’, McAfee has hit back challenging the self-declared Satoshi Nakamoto to repeat the same to his face. The insult was hurled by Wright during an interview with Finder. As CCN reported, this was during a bile-ridden attack on Binance. Craig Wright Dubs Binance a ‘Money-Laundering Bucketshop’, Calls John McAfee a Conman https://t.co/CjYKBcGGZl — CCN.com (@CCNMarkets) April 29, 2019 Then, Wright alleged that the cryptocurrency exchange engaged
- Satoshi Nakamoto v. ‘Fake News’: Craig Wright Lashes Out at Crypto Media
By CCN.com: According to Decrypt reporter Ben Munster, Craig Wright specifically lashed out at CCN during his recent appearance at Oxford University. Wright believes CCN to be “owned by a group of people who are backing alt-chains, who are backing multiple coins, who are backing unregulated and uncontrolled exchanges.” CCN’s incentive is to increase readership None of which meshes with the facts of CCN’s ownership. CCN, unlike our major competitor and several who fancy themselves our competitors, is owned in whole by a private Norwegian company. We have no outside investments and earn our way through advertising. Our owners have
- Bitcoin [BTC] records improvement in awareness, familiarity and perception, claims report
- Spencer Bogart, a partner at Blockchain Capital and a popular Bitcoin advocate, recently released a report titled 'Bitcoin is a Demographic Mega-rend: ...
- Analysts Expect Crypto Markets to Continue Surging Despite Bitcoin’s Current Stability
Although Bitcoin incurred some downwards pressure late last week after news surrounding the Tether-Bitfinex imbroglio surfaced, BTC now been able to tepidly advance higher, and has led the entire crypto markets to surge. Despite finding stability in the lower-$5,000 region, analysts are now expressing somewhat cautiously bearish sentiments regarding the current state of BTC and...
- CEO's Delight, Ripple (XRP) Has Low Correlation With Bitcoin (BTC)
- Brad Garlinghouse must be happy, Ripple (XRP), a Binance research report reveals, has a low correlation with Bitcoin (BTC). Because of that, it is a ...
- Millennials Dig Crypto, With 27% Preferring Bitcoin (BTC) Over Stocks: Research
New research indicates a rising number of Millennials in the US are more interested in Bitcoin than stocks as a form of investment. The survey, which was carried out by Harris Research on behalf of venture capital firm Blockchain Capital, shows younger Americans are shaping the perception and adoption of digital assets. ‘Bitcoin is a […]
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, EOS, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON ...
- 89% of Americans have heard of Bitcoin, up from 77% in October 2017, according to a new survey by Spencer Bogart of Blockchain Capital. Another ...
- Crypto Bulls Rejoice As Bitcoin (BTC) Monthly Candle Closes Above Resistance
- At the start of April, Bitcoin price broke through resistance at $4,200, triggering a massive rally across the crypto market and a cascading effect of ...
- Will Gold Investors Buy Bitcoin? A 'Drop Gold' TV Campaign Bets They Will
- Is it better to hoard gold or Bitcoin? The cryptocurrency company Grayscale is making the case for Bitcoin with an unprecedented multi-million dollar ...
- Bitcoin [BTC]: Younger demographics lead the way in terms of conviction and ownership
- Spencer Bogart, the General Partner at Blockchain Capital, recently released an analysis on Bitcoin titled 'Bitcoin is a Demographic Mega-Trend: Data ...
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC/USD is a step away from $6000 return – Confluence Detector
- Bitcoin price in the second half of trading on Wednesday is trading in the green, holding gains of 0.22%, as the bulls resume buying pressure.
- Bitcoin: #DropGold initiative kickstarts with Grayscale prompting investors to invest in BTC
- Bitcoin [BTC], the largest cryptocurrency in the market, marked its 10th anniversary this year. Since then, the digital gold has been through the journey ...
- Bitcoin price analysis: BTC/USD struggling to stay afloat at $5300
- The entire cryptocurrency market beamed with hope as Bitcoin scaled the levels above $5,250 and even stepped above $5,300. However, the price ...
- Up 28%: Bitcoin Ends April With Biggest Monthly Gain in a Year
- Bitcoin scaled an important price resistance with near 30 percent gains in April, solidifying the long-term bull breakout witnessed a month ago.
- Bitcoin And The Cryptosector: Spring Awakening Or Just A Thaw?
- Bitcoin (BTC-USD) has already increased nearly US$2,500 from its December low at $3,125. This is a gain of more than 75% in just four months!
- Ex-Ripple CTO Launches Blogging Platform to Pay Content Creators XRP
- The Coil blogging platform offers tipping via XRP and future plans to work with a variety of assets.
- The Crypto Burn Book
- "And they have this book, this burn book, where they write mean things about all the girls in our grade." Presenting crypto's very own burn book.
- Crypto Crime May Have Cost Sector $1.2 Billion in Q1, Says Report
- Losses arising from cryptocurrency hacks and fraud may have reached as high as $1.2 billion in the first quarter of 2019, CipherTrace estimates.
- Remarkable! More Americans Hold, Show Interest in Bitcoin: Poll
- By CCN: According to a new survey commissioned by Blockchain Capital, 11% of American adults hold bitcoin. The results are broken down into ...
- Crypto Traders Split 50/50 On Where Bitcoin Price Goes Next: $6K or $4200
At the start of April, Bitcoin rallied over $1,000 in the matter of an hour, giving crypto investors their first taste of bullish momentum since the start of 2019. The rally was enough to cause traders and analysts alike to call the bottom as “in” and claim that a new uptrend was confirmed. However, breaking...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Dumping To $4600 Might Be On The Horizon: Analyst
- Since April 1st, the price action seen with Bitcoin (BTC) has been monumental. For the first time in months, the cryptocurrency market has rallied ...
- US Income Tax Payers Can Now Get Refunds in Bitcoin
- Income tax payers in the U.S. now have the option to receive their federal and state refunds in bitcoin through Bitpay and Refundo.
- Bitcoin [BTC] is this generation's gold and it will be a huge success, says Grayscale CEO Barry Silbert
- During the interview, Silbert was asked about the campaign's focus, whether the best way to attract new investors to invest in Bitcoin [BTC] and other ...
- Tether (USDT) Promotion, Bitcoin (BTC) Likely to Print Higher
- That means Tether Limited is lying and investors may flock to safety driving Bitcoin prices up. At the moment, BTC is down 4.3 percent from last week's ...
- Tether Scandal Sparks Bitcoin Price Gains; Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash Up 4%-11%
By CCN.com: The bitcoin price has increased from $5,173 to $5,297 on major regulated crypto exchanges including Coinbase in the past 24 hours, by 2.3 percent. Major crypto assets such as Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash spiked by 4 to 11 percent against the U.S. dollar. The unexpected recovery of the crypto market overnight comes after the office of the New York Attorney General filed a lawsuit against iFinex, alleging Bitfinex of mismanaging the cash reserves of stablecoin Tether. On April 30, as CCN reported, the general counsel of Tether stated in an affidavit that only 74 percent of Tether is
- Digging Deeper on Crypto Exchange Data and Transparency
- Clay Collins of crypto data provider Nomics argues that we shouldn’t take the Bitwise report's “true” exchange volume conclusions at face value.
- 'Super Interesting' Bitcoin Needs US Govt Backing Before We Support Crypto: Goldman Sachs
- Goldman Sachs executives believe in the future of cryptocurrency but are leaning towards stablecoins as the solution rather than bitcoin. Chavez ...
- Crypto ATM Operator Postpones Tether Buying ‘Until the Smoke Clears’
- Crypto ATM firm CoinFlip has postponed adding the Tron version of USDT, citing the New York Attorney General's Tether probe.
- Where Crypto Exchanges Are Beating the Bear Market
- Turkish exchanges OKEx and BtcTurk are onboarding thousands of crypto traders as the lira falters.
- Canadian Provinces Compete for Attention of Bitcoin Mining Businesses
- In Canada, individual provinces are responsible for energy issues, and their interest in Bitcoin mining is growing as several provincial governments ...
- Diar: Bitcoin Transaction Volume Shows Signs of Bull Market as Quarterly Trend Reverses
- On-chain transactions on the bitcoin (BTC) network hit fresh highs not seen since 2017 in April, industry newsletter Diar noted on April 30, quoting ...
- Grayscale to Launch Pro-Bitcoin Ads 'Drop Gold' on Social Media, Linear TV
- New York-based digital asset manager Grayscale Investments has introduced its pro-bitcoin (BTC) advertising initiative “Drop Gold” in a press release ...
- Bitcoin Cash [BCH] leads the charge as it soars by 12%; Litecoin [LTC] and Tron [TRX] follow suit
- Although the Bitcoin rally was short-lived, altcoins seemed to benefiting the most from this rally. Bitcoin Cash [BCH], at the time of writing, was up by ...
- Drop gold for bitcoin, a new TV ad campaign urges
- So begins a new national television advertisement that urges investors to dump gold and invest in bitcoin instead. “You see where things are going,” ...
- A New Report Shows People Are Warming Up to Bitcoin
- The results, compiled from an online survey taken by 2,029 American adults, reveal that Bitcoin has been growing in the eyes of the public, despite its ...
- Binance Stablecoin? CZ in Possible Tip of the Hand Is a Little Coy
By CCN: Just when you thought the crypto market had no room for another stablecoin, the head of the largest crypto exchange hinted that he might be making room. Binance CEO Changpeng “CZ” Zhao didn’t flat out promise a Binance stablecoin, but he was close. A follower on Twitter suggested that if Binance were to issue a stablecoin, it would bolster the use case for BNB, using other projects as a litmus test for its potential success. As usual, CZ is way ahead of crypto Twitter: “Careful what you wish for.” His mysterious statement failed to jumpstart any gains in
- Amazon Web Services Opens Blockchain Building Service Up for Wider Use
- Amazon Web Services has taken its Managed Blockchain service out of preview mode, meaning more firms can now use the platform to build products.
- Your Crypto Winter = Criminals’ Summer: Q1 2019 Crypto Thefts, Fraud Hit Whopping $1.2 Billion
By CCN.com: Even as the bearish conditions in the crypto markets persisted in this year’s first quarter, bad actors in the sector continued to thrive. According to cybersecurity firm CipherTrace, during the first quarter of the year, the amount that bad actors generated from stealing from bitcoin exchanges and operating cryptocurrrency scams reached $1.2 billion in this year’s first quarter, as initially reported by Reuters. Cryptocurrency thefts, fraud hit $1.2 billion in first quarter: report #Cryptocurrency thefts alone reached $356 million in first quarter of 2019; Cross-border payments from US exchanges to offshore exchanges increased 45% #AML #FATF https://t.co/ktlIzUCud3 —
- Ethereum-Based Cloud Crypto MaxiMine Promises to Recompensate HitBTC Users’ Losses
By CCN.com: Following our recent report that HitBTC users were getting the shaft when trying to withdraw their MXM tokens from Hong Kong-based crypto exchange HitBTC, which no longer allows trading of the token, MaxiMine has announced that they will rectify the lost coins. MaxiMine ‘takes responsibility’ MaxiMine writes that they are “taking responsibility” for the losses, and after receiving the tokens they sent to HitBTC back; they will fund the token swaps themselves. After active communication with HitBTC, it was agreed upon that MXM team will take responsibility for affected traders of HitBTC during this token swap. HitBTC will
- Swiss Luxury Hotel Accepts Bitcoin Showing Increase in Adoption, CEO Explains Motive
Guests at one of Switzerland’s top five-star hotels will be able to pay for services in bitcoin starting today. The Dolder Grand announced April 2 – the day on which bitcoin price inflated by 23 percent – that it would begin accepting the cryptocurrency for room reservations, spa treatments, and even for a cup of coffee....
- Bitcoin [BTC] records all-time high daily transaction volumes with lower fees
- Bitcoin's daily transaction chart showed that it reached its all-time high. The daily transaction volume of Bitcoin [averaged monthly] reached 366,767.4 ...
- US Taxpayers Can Receive Federal or State Tax Refunds in Bitcoin
- By CCN.com: U.S. taxpayers can receive all or part of their federal and state tax refunds in bitcoin. This is being made possible through a collaboration ...
- Bank of England Gov: Bitcoin Doesn't Satisfy the Principles of Currency
- By CCN: Dave Ramsden, deputy governor for markets and banking at the Bank of England, said in an interview with CNBC that crypto assets like ...
- “Bye Gold, Buy Bitcoin”: Grayscale Urges Investors to Drop Gold for BTC
- Grayscale Investments is weighing in on the gold versus bitcoin debate. Its two sats? Drop the bars, buy the bits (and the dip). The Digital Currency ...
574167 at 23:42
574166 at 23:11
574165 at 23:10
574164 at 23:09
574163 at 22:39
574162 at 22:39
574161 at 22:39
574160 at 22:27
574159 at 22:12
574158 at 22:00
574157 at 22:00
574156 at 21:21
574155 at 21:19
574154 at 21:16
574153 at 21:09
574152 at 21:08
574151 at 21:08
574150 at 21:03
574149 at 20:54
574148 at 20:52
574147 at 20:38
574146 at 20:31
574145 at 20:22
574144 at 20:14
574143 at 19:39
574142 at 19:35
574141 at 19:35
574140 at 19:33
574139 at 19:29
574138 at 19:27
574137 at 19:07
574136 at 19:00
574135 at 18:59
574134 at 18:49
574133 at 18:44
574132 at 18:26
574131 at 18:22
574130 at 18:18
574129 at 18:01
574128 at 17:57
574127 at 17:45
574126 at 17:38
574125 at 17:26
574124 at 17:21
574123 at 17:12
574122 at 17:09
574121 at 17:02
574120 at 16:48
574119 at 16:45
574118 at 16:33
574117 at 16:28
574116 at 16:27
574115 at 16:20
574114 at 16:14
574113 at 16:02
574112 at 15:56
574111 at 15:47
574110 at 15:44
574109 at 15:36
574108 at 15:18
574107 at 15:14
574106 at 15:13
574105 at 15:10
574104 at 15:10
574103 at 15:09
574102 at 15:05
574101 at 15:02
574100 at 14:57
574099 at 14:52
574098 at 14:50
574097 at 14:41
574096 at 14:32
574095 at 14:21
574094 at 14:10
574093 at 14:04
574092 at 14:03
574091 at 13:38
574090 at 13:24
574089 at 13:10
574088 at 13:03
574087 at 13:02
574086 at 13:02
574085 at 12:26
574084 at 12:21
574083 at 12:17
574082 at 12:16
574081 at 11:48
574080 at 11:29
574079 at 11:20
574078 at 11:00
574077 at 10:56
574076 at 10:56
574075 at 10:48
574074 at 10:43
574073 at 10:32
574072 at 10:03
574071 at 10:02
574070 at 09:56
574069 at 09:23
574068 at 09:21
574067 at 09:20
574066 at 09:18
574065 at 08:47
574064 at 08:36
574063 at 08:30
574062 at 08:26
574061 at 08:12
574060 at 08:02
574059 at 07:37
574058 at 07:33
574057 at 07:32
574056 at 07:29
574055 at 07:28
574054 at 07:14
574053 at 07:13
574052 at 07:08
574051 at 06:43
574050 at 06:40
574049 at 06:21
574048 at 06:01
574047 at 05:51
574046 at 05:47
574045 at 05:43
574044 at 05:29
574043 at 05:23
574042 at 05:08
574041 at 05:06
574040 at 04:54
574039 at 04:40
574038 at 04:38
574037 at 04:36
574036 at 04:29
574035 at 04:29
574034 at 04:29
574033 at 04:24
574032 at 04:21
574031 at 04:09
574030 at 04:05
574029 at 04:05
574028 at 04:00
574027 at 03:30
574026 at 03:20
574025 at 03:06
574024 at 02:57
574023 at 02:46
574022 at 02:34
574021 at 02:17
574020 at 02:13
574019 at 02:09
574018 at 02:08
574017 at 02:05
574016 at 01:56
574015 at 01:52
574014 at 01:51
574013 at 01:41
574012 at 01:34
574011 at 01:29
574010 at 01:24
574009 at 01:23
574008 at 01:22
574007 at 01:21
574006 at 01:20
574005 at 01:15
574004 at 00:57
574003 at 00:57
574002 at 00:57
574001 at 00:48
574000 at 00:47
573999 at 00:46
573998 at 00:37
573997 at 00:22