Closing price: $8326.58 Powered by Coindesk
- Crypto Token HBAR Is Tanking and Hedera Hashgraph Is Looking for a Fix
- The price of Hedera Hashgraph’s HBAR token has crashed in recent weeks. Now the blockchain-like network is looking to make sure its model "is properly aligned."
- MMA Fighter Ben Askren Inspires Debate: Who Would Win Bitcoin vs. Gold Matchup?
MMA fighter and crypto aficionado Ben Askren has poured fuel onto the flames of the ever-raging argument between bitcoin and gold. Askren recently created a Twitter poll asking one simple question: If you were given $10,000 gift that you couldn’t touch for a decade, what would you rather the gift in – gold, bitcoin, or […]
- Stripe-Backed Payments Firm Raises $100 Million to Compete Against Stablecoins
- Rapyd raised $100 million in a Series C funding round to face off against the arrival of stablecoins.
- $10M Mining Farm Fire Takes Blame as Bitcoin Hash Rate Wobbles
- The Bitcoin (BTC) network experienced fresh turbulence on Sept. 30 while evidence emerged of a fire destroying $10 million worth of mining rigs.
- Russian Nuclear Engineer Fined for Trying to Mine Bitcoin on One of the Country's Most Powerful ...
- A Russian scientist has been fined the equivalent of $7,000 for using a supercomputer inside a secretive nuclear facility to mine for bitcoin ...
- Bitcoin price on course for record highs despite cryptocurrency crash, experts claim
- Bitcoin has experienced huge price drops in recent days, with the cryptocurrency tumbling by more than $2,000 (£1,600) to take its value below ...
- Bitcoin price prediction: Bulls rally back but upside remains limited
- BTC/USD is on course of charting two bullish days in a row. So far today, BTC/USD has gone up from $8,305 to $8395. Yesterday BTC/USD found ...
- Bitcoin Network Experiences Slowest Block in 5 Years
- The Bitcoin (BTC) network produced an unusually slow block, taking 119 minutes to discover the block number. The anomaly is happening despite the ...
- Global Market Beats Bullish Bitcoin in Q3/2019
Global markets performed better than non-correlated asset Bitcoin in the third quarter of 2019. The S&P 500 index (SPX) surged 0.68 percent on a quarter-to-date basis. The same period saw the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI) delivering 0.17 percent returns while Nasdaq fared between with 1.97 percent gains for its investors. Meanwhile, the Europe-wide Stoxx...
- Mt Gox Trustee Asked DOJ to Share Info on Jailed BTC-e Owner Alexander Vinnik
- The trustee recovering funds on behalf of Mt Gox's creditors has contacted the U.S. Department of Justice seeking information about Alexander Vinnik.
- How a Crypto Startup Escaped With a Comical Fine After Illegal $4 Billion ICO
Block.one – the company behind cryptocurrency EOS – was slapped with a $24 million fine this week, pertaining to its initial coin offering (ICO) back in 2017. That might sound harsh, but it’s a tiny penalty. A drop in the ocean compared to the record-breaking $4.1 billion the company (reportedly) raised in its initial coin […]
- Bitcoin Price Strong at $8300, May Be Ready to Bound Higher
- After a precipitous drop to $7,700 this weekend, Bitcoin (BTC) bulls have managed to reclaim some ground on Monday and Tuesday. While the ...
- Crypto Escrow Firm Chief Charged Over Alleged $7 Million Fraud
- A man faces charges by the U.S. Attorney's Office and the CFTC over claims he took money for bulk bitcoin orders that were never delivered.
- Federal Reserve Injects Entire Bitcoin Market Cap in Days
- The Federal Reserve has been sneakily increasing the number of dollars in circulation over the last week. The latest injections look set to add as much ...
- Dark web weed dealers used 'Craigslist of Bitcoin' to launder their illicit profits
- Two men have pleaded guilty for conspiring to launder money using Bitcoin BTC after selling marijuana on the dark web. Connor Brooke and Aidan ...
- Sequoia-Backed Startup Enters DeFi Market With Bitcoin Binary Options
- Band Protocol launched its binary options dapp Monday, allowing users to make predictions on bitcoin's price swings.
- 'Satoshi in the house': Seoul holds first-ever Bitcoin SV Meetup
- Over 180 members of the Bitcoin society gathered in Seoul to celebrate Satoshi vision as tech savvy South Korea held its first-ever Bitcoin SV (BSV) ...
- Binance Ticker Symbol Mix-Up Reveals Dirty Dealings on Coin Listing
Cryptocurrency investors were left holding the wrong coin after a mix-up over ticker symbols on the Binance DEX. But this simple ticker debacle inadvertently revealed some highly suspicious details about the listing process on the Binance DEX. UPX Ticker Mix-Up on Binance DEX The founders of uPlexa say the UPX ticker symbol is, and always […]
- Bitcoin’s $800 Price Recovery Runs Into Key Resistance
- Bitcoin is better bid Tuesday, but the relief rally is struggling to gather traction above a key former support-turned-resistance.
- This Cryptocurrency Just Surpassed Bitcoin In One Key Adoption Metric
- Throughout the history of cryptocurrencies, altcoins have had a lot of trouble competing with Bitcoin, which is basically the gold standard of the market.
- CME Says Institutional Interest In Bitcoin Is Growing
- CME Group said institutional interest in bitcoin is increasing as the US derivatives exchange plans to launch options on its bitcoin futures next year.
- Why Tether Probably Tops Bitcoin as Most Used Cryptocurrency
- Spencer Bogart, Blockchain Capital general partner, explains why the Tether stablecoin, not Bitcoin, is likely the world's most used cryptocurrency.
- JPMorgan, Intel Alums Launch Revenue-Sharing Stablecoin USDD
- A dollar-backed stablecoin with a twist: revenue-sharing with the institutions that use it.
- Bitcoin jumps back above $150 billion market cap
- Bitcoin saw a $550 rally today to rise back above the $8,000 mark. The number one cryptocurrency by market cap briefly rallied to a high of $8,500, ...
- UK cops auction off TalkTalk hacker's Bitcoin
- In all, the Eastern Region Special Operations Unit sold £240,000 worth of cryptocurrency in small lots containing a mix of Bitcoin, Ethereum and Ripple ...
- Bitcoin Price (BTC) Upward Drift Facing Key Resistance
- Bitcoin price started a strong recovery above the $8,000 and $8,200 resistance against the US Dollar. The price is up more than 5%, but it is facing a ...
- This Crypto-Savvy Bank Is Building Bandwidth for Bitcoin Retail Payments
- The German bank is set to help European retailers accept bitcoin payments in early 2020.
- InstaDApp DeFi Site Raises $2.4 Million From Prominent Crypto Investors
- The fourth-largest dapp in DeFi, InstaDApp, is now backed by Naval Ravikant, Balaji Srinivasan, Coinbase Ventures and others.
- Op Ed: Belarus and the Case for National Bitcoin Strategies
- On September 28, 2019, a video in which Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko talks about mining bitcoin with the country's nuclear power ...
- Bloomberg Crypto Analyst Says It’s Time to Go Long on Bitcoin (BTC)
A senior analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence says he’s feeling bullish on Bitcoin. According to Mike McGlone, BTC has hit its first solid support zone since May, and CME Group’s launch of Bitcoin options early next year should help trigger a new rally in the long run. “The price has dipped into the first good support […]
- UK Police Auction Off $294,000 in Stolen Crypto From EtherDelta Hack
- More than $294,000-worth of cryptocurrency confiscated from the teenage hacker of EtherDelta and TalkTalk has been auctioned off.
- Bitcoin Can Drop to Anywhere from $7,000 to $0 Say Experts
Bitcoin’s fall from grace over the last few days has emboldened bears to come out of hiding. Calls for a plunge to $7,000 and below are overwhelming social media channels. It appears that in one bearish push, all the hard work that the bulls put in this year has gone out of the window. To […]
- Top German Bank Predicts Bitcoin to Hit $90,000 After Halving, Calling It ‘Ultrahard Money’
Bayern LB, one of Germany’s top banks, has published a report in strong support of bitcoin superseding gold, predicting a price of $90,000 per BTC post bitcoin’s halving in 2020. Within a report entitled, “Is bitcoin outshining gold?” the bank’s researchers delved into the stock-to-flow ratios of gold and bitcoin, specifically regarding the impact of […]
- This AI Platform Identifies Privacy Threats in Social Networks and Messengers
- Bitcoin.com, where you can safely and securely purchase BCH and other leading cryptocurrencies with a credit card. You can also trade your crypto ...
- Craig Wright Incoherently Rambles About Bitcoin Payments & Privacy
Craig Wright continues to befuddle in the cryptocurrency space. The controversial computer scientist who maintains his identity as the one and only Satoshi Nakamoto recently spoke at the CoinGeek conference in Seoul on ‘The Power of Bitcoin SV Scaling’. The conference, which hosted a multitude of speakers, saw Wright headline and speculate on new inventions […]
- Ethereum Scaling Project SKALE Raises $17.1 Million for Mainnet Launch
- Multicoin Capital, ConsenSys Labs, Hashed and others are providing fresh funding for the mainnet launch of ethereum's SKALE Network.
- Why Bitcoin Price May Soon Recover to $10,000
After a precipitous drop to $7,700 this weekend, Bitcoin (BTC) bulls have managed to reclaim some ground. While the cryptocurrency market hasn’t flipped decidedly bullish yet, Bitcoin has found itself up by 6% in the past 24 hours, moving to $8,500 in a steady trend upward. Related Reading: Bitcoin Forms Bullish Tweezer Bottom; Analyst Anticipates...
- South Korean Court Issues Landmark Decision on Crypto Exchange Hacking
- The Seoul court ruled that a hacking is not the responsibility of an exchange but a transfer of funds is.
- Bitcoin Climbs Back amidst Gains on Wall Street
- Bitcoin eked out modest gains on Tuesday in tandem with similar moves on Wall Street. The benchmark cryptocurrency surged by 0.5 percent to ...
- Bitcoin Falls Below Stock-to-Flow Model, Will The Halving Be Front Run By Bulls?
The recent price action in Bitcoin markets has brought the price of the first-ever crypto-asset below the popular stock-to-flow model popularized by crypto analyst 100TrillionUSD. With only seven months to go until Bitcoin’s halving, and with the asset’s prices falling instead of rising, could any chance of the halving being front run by investors be...
- Zimbabwe Bans Mobile Cash And Forex But Bitcoin Remains Unknown
- Bitcoin proponents are raising awareness of fiat currency alternatives for Zimbabweans after the country's central bank suddenly banned a popular ...
- This Crypto-Savvy Bank Is Building Bandwidth for Bitcoin Retail Payments
- He added the program will start with bitcoin, litecoin and several other undisclosed crypto assets. Last week the bank offered NIM and TPAY to people ...
- Forget Bitcoin! I'd rather make a million by following this tried-and-tested strategy
- Bitcoin's slump over the last few weeks highlights the risks involved in owning the virtual currency. Certainly, any asset can fall in price. However ...
- Venezuela's Bitcoin plans are desperate “subterfuge” says acting-president Guaido
- President of Venezuela, Nicolás Maduro, has confirmed reports regarding his country's plans to develop payment methods based on Bitcoin, as well ...
- Longfin Must Pay $6.8 Million After Court Backs SEC Fraud Complaint
- A New York court has backed charges brought by the SEC that the fintech firm committed fraud relating to its public offering and Nasdaq listing.
- Leaked Tax Filing: CEO of Under Fire Brazilian Firm Owns 25000 Bitcoin
- The CEO of Brazilian cryptocurrency firm Grupo Bitcoin Banco has claimed 25,000 Bitcoins (BTC) — a staggering $209 million as of press time — on a ...
- Tether, Not Bitcoin, Likely the World's Most Used Cryptocurrency
- What's the world's most widely used cryptocurrency? If you think it's Bitcoin, which accounts for about 70% of all the digital-asset world's market value, ...
- Bitcoin has a massive carbon footprint. This clever new cryptocurrency doesn't
- Bitcoin is undoubtedly exciting, but, as much as it might promise to solve some of the problems associated with global finance, it's also responsible for ...
- Bitcoin rallies after worst week in months
- Bitcoin is rallying today after the cryptocurrency saw its first week in months, dipping below $8,000. Founder of the VC firm Future Perfect Jalak ...
- Rejected? Bitcoin Price Attempts to Break Back Above Vital Moving Average
- Last week, following disappointment surrounding the much anticipated Bakkt launch, Bitcoin price smashed below $10,000 and plummeted over 20% ...
- Bitcoin IG Client Sentiment: Our data shows traders are now at their most net-long Bitcoin since ...
- Bitcoin: Retail trader data shows 85.43% of traders are net-long with the ratio of traders long to short at 5.86 to 1. Our data shows traders are now at ...
- Fidelity Digital Assets Will Custody World’s First Bitcoin Yield Fund
Los Angeles-based digital asset manager Wave Financial is introducing the “Wave BTC Income & Growth Digital Fund,” the first crypto derivatives-based yield fund on the market. According to the announcement, Fidelity Digital Assets will custody the fund’s Bitcoin holdings. Wave Financial CEO David Siemer notes, “The mission of Wave is to provide investors with diversified […]
- Bitcoin mining mega farm burns down in China, destroying $10m of cryptocurrency machines
- The incident took place on Monday at a data centre operated by Innosilicon, according to bitcoin mining expert Marshall Long, who posted pictures of ...
- Crypto Market And Bitcoin In Correcting Increase: BCH, Litecoin, EOS, XLM Analysis
- The crypto market cap and bitcoin are currently correcting higher. Ethereum (ETH), LTC, ripple, bitcoin cash, EOS, TRX, and stellar are recovering ...
- Trading Volume for Bakkt’s Bitcoin Futures Hit Just $5 Million in First Week
- Just 623 bitcoin futures contracts were traded during Bakkt's debut week.
- Bitcoin Whale Moves $49m Between Wallets (For Only 64 Cents)
- Bitcoin is on the move upward and it seems that major players are also shifting around their assets in the background. Whale Alerts recently picked up ...
- Bitcoin Incurs Bullish Momentum as Analysts Set Short-Term Target at $9000
- Bitcoin has been able to extend the upwards momentum that it has incurred over the past day, which has allowed it to gain what appears to be a solid ...
- Bakkt Launch Could be Force Behind Recent Bitcoin Drop, Claims Research Group
- Prior to its launch, Bakkt's physically settled Bitcoin futures product was seen by many cryptocurrency investors as a potential major catalyst for next ...
- Tom Lee: Keep Calm and HODL Bitcoin
- Bitcoin bulls suffered a setback late last week as the asset dipped below $8,000, dragging the broader market down with it. The situation has ...
- Swiss Regulator FINMA Won’t Impede Libra’s Development
- "We are not here to make such projects impossible," Mark Branson, CEO of the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority, said of Libra.
- German Bank Predicts $90000 Bitcoin as Halvening Hardens BTC
- BayernLB, a bank based in Munich, Germany, has produced a report on Bitcoin's hard monetary policy versus those of various precious metals.
- Venture capitalist on investing in bitcoin: 'I've never seen anything like this'
- Bitcoin (BTC-USD) is rallying after seeing its worst week in months, with shares trading above $8,000 as of Tuesday afternoon. Overall market volatility ...
- What Comes Next After Bitcoin's Plunge?
- After a strong performance this spring in which Bitcoin more than tripled in price, the digital currency has given back nearly half of its gains since July.
- Desperate Maduro Trumpets Crypto Payments with China and Russia
Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro has openly declared his regime’s love for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. The controversial politician on Tuesday said his government is using cryptocurrencies to access national and international payment infrastructure. He confirmed that Venezuela’s finance minister and central bank are close to introducing “new instruments.” It would give every Venezuelan access […]
- Indonesia Trains Lawyers In Crypto Crime As Bitcoin Ban Continues
- One of the few countries in the world to ban Bitcoin and cryptocurrency outright has conducted multinational training on crypto crime prevention.
- Sia Reaches $225K SEC Settlement Over $120K Unregistered Token Sale
- As part of the settlement, the SEC will not take enforcement actions against Siacoin maker Nebulous or current activity on the Sia network.
- If In Doubt Zoom Out, Bitcoin Profitable Days Still at 91.5%
- Even despite the recent haircut off Bitcoin's market capitalisation that saw prices once again crash spectacularly through the $10,000 level, those ...
- Russian Nuclear Scientist Gets $7,000 Fine for Mining Bitcoin at Work
- The engineer at a top-secret nuclear lab, along with two colleagues, had accessed the plant's supercomputer to mine bitcoin.
- Bitcoin's Woes Continue, as it Falls Another 4% to Below $8000
- Bitcoin is down about 4.12% from the previous day, putting its price at $7,792.36 US dollars at the time of this writing. This is the 2nd consecutive day ...
- Navigating Bitcoin and Blockchain for Digital Businesses: Key Use Cases
- Much has been written about Bitcoin and blockchain technology, including a prior article in which we provided an overview on “The Bitcoin Network, ...
- Dr. Craig Wright at CoinGeek Seoul: Finding new paths to Bitcoin use
- Fitting the theme set out by Bitcoin Association Founding President Jimmy Nguyen, Dr. Wright began by noting that it's his job to “keep making sure ...
- Ethereum Name Service Auction Exploited to Grab Apple Domain – And It Can’t Be Undone
- A bug in an ENS auction was exploited, allowing domains like "apple.eth" to be nabbed by an attacker. The only recourse is to ask for them back.
- Largest Bitcoin Ownership Survey Reveals 6.2% of Americans Own Bitcoin, While 7.3% are ...
- NEW YORK, Oct. 1, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- A new survey of 5,000 Americans between the ages of 18 and 65+ reveals the American population's ...
- Bitcoin Bull Run's 'Likely Target' is $200-300k, Claims Popular Analyst
- Numerous analysts have been hypothesizing on important Bitcoin price levels that have to be broken for the direction of the current trend to be ...
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Bulls Need to Break Key 50MA Resistance
- After a steep decline in price action, Bitcoin finally finds some short-term relief from the bearish pressure that has seen price levels drop from $9,600 to ...
- Bitcoin Price To Hit $1 Million By 2020, Security Expert Says
- Bitcoin hasn't posted a figure exceeding five digits in its entire history, but John McAfee, the founder of McAfee Associates, still eyes $1 million for the ...
- Bitcoin Co traders migrate to rivals
- There has been a considerable migration following the termination of Bitcoin Co Ltd (bx.in.th) to two other authorised digital asset exchanges amid ...
- Market Commentary: Bitcoin Price Recovers, DeFi Garners Recognition
- Bitcoin seems to be on its way towards recovery, after a promising start today. The leading cryptocurrency has gained approximately 3%, which puts it ...
- German police raid criminal Bitcoin ring hiding in ex-NATO military bunker
- Police in Germany have executed a hi-tech raid on a data processing centre installed in an ex-Nato bunker which allegedly hosted dark web sites to ...
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple's XRP, Litecoin, And EOS Suddenly Roar Back
- Bitcoin, along with other major cryptocurrencies ethereum, Ripple's XRP, litecoin, bitcoin cash, and EOS, have suddenly roared back after a sharp ...
- Bitcoin Price Bottom Could Fall Far Beyond $7,700, Warns Trader
Despite the recovery of the bitcoin price by $700 in the past 48 hours, traders like DonAlt expect a deeper correction in the short term. The bitcoin price dropped to the $7,000 region twice in the past week, dipping to as low as $7,688 on September 30. While bitcoin attempted to break above important support […]
- ‘Excited’ Block.One Settles $24 Million SEC Penalty for Naughty EOS ICO
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has brought down the hammer on crypto once again, announcing a $24 million penalty on blockchain company Block.one. Yesterday brought equal measures of hope and despair for the cryptocurrency market. A new rating system for cryptocurrency classification sprung up, looking to bolster self-regulation efforts; at the same time, the […]
597460 at 23:59
597459 at 23:52
597458 at 23:48
597457 at 23:22
597456 at 23:04
597455 at 23:00
597454 at 22:54
597453 at 22:22
597452 at 22:20
597451 at 22:05
597450 at 21:47
597449 at 21:36
597448 at 21:34
597447 at 21:29
597446 at 21:10
597445 at 20:54
597444 at 20:53
597443 at 20:47
597442 at 20:36
597441 at 20:20
597440 at 19:54
597439 at 19:54
597438 at 19:54
597437 at 19:48
597436 at 19:43
597435 at 19:34
597434 at 19:28
597433 at 19:17
597432 at 19:16
597431 at 18:46
597430 at 18:42
597429 at 18:34
597428 at 18:33
597427 at 18:32
597426 at 18:29
597425 at 18:19
597424 at 18:10
597423 at 18:00
597422 at 17:59
597421 at 17:57
597420 at 17:57
597419 at 17:56
597418 at 17:26
597417 at 17:21
597416 at 17:02
597415 at 16:55
597414 at 16:50
597413 at 16:25
597412 at 16:17
597411 at 16:15
597410 at 16:14
597409 at 15:58
597408 at 15:50
597407 at 15:48
597406 at 15:25
597405 at 15:20
597404 at 15:19
597403 at 15:14
597402 at 15:00
597401 at 14:31
597400 at 14:17
597399 at 14:10
597398 at 13:47
597397 at 13:46
597396 at 13:26
597395 at 13:00
597394 at 12:58
597393 at 12:48
597392 at 12:45
597391 at 12:40
597390 at 12:36
597389 at 12:34
597388 at 12:33
597387 at 12:23
597386 at 12:23
597385 at 12:05
597384 at 12:04
597383 at 11:54
597382 at 11:41
597381 at 11:38
597380 at 11:36
597379 at 10:46
597378 at 10:36
597377 at 10:21
597376 at 10:09
597375 at 10:07
597374 at 09:41
597373 at 09:23
597372 at 09:21
597371 at 09:10
597370 at 09:06
597369 at 08:56
597368 at 08:49
597367 at 08:49
597366 at 08:34
597365 at 08:30
597364 at 08:27
597363 at 08:21
597362 at 08:21
597361 at 07:42
597360 at 07:22
597359 at 07:08
597358 at 07:00
597357 at 06:56
597356 at 06:33
597355 at 06:27
597354 at 05:59
597353 at 05:59
597352 at 05:58
597351 at 05:54
597350 at 05:51
597349 at 05:43
597348 at 05:17
597347 at 05:13
597346 at 04:55
597345 at 04:45
597344 at 04:40
597343 at 04:39
597342 at 04:35
597341 at 04:15
597340 at 04:09
597339 at 03:57
597338 at 03:31
597337 at 03:28
597336 at 03:24
597335 at 03:18
597334 at 03:14
597333 at 03:09
597332 at 03:04
597331 at 02:42
597330 at 02:32
597329 at 02:18
597328 at 02:10
597327 at 01:51
597326 at 01:48
597325 at 01:48
597324 at 01:32
597323 at 01:19
597322 at 00:59
597321 at 00:51
597320 at 00:47
597319 at 00:13
597318 at 00:06