Closing price: $8596.4533 Powered by Coindesk
- Bitcoin Cash Settles More Value Than ETH in Dollars Moved
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) proponents have recently been discussing the amount of value participants have been sending onchain. For quite some time now, ...
- Top Banker Admits Fiat is Worthless, Is Bitcoin The Future of Money?
- The former CEO of one of the top Swiss banks has criticized negative interest rates adding that it means money has become worthless. His comments ...
- $6 Billion United Nations Agency Launches Bitcoin, Ethereum Crypto Fund
- The prototype launched today with a donation of 1 bitcoin and 10,000 ether from the Switzerland-based Ethereum Foundation has already signed ...
- New DCG Report highlights confidence in asset tokenization and bitcoin as 'store of value'
- An overwhelming 71% think “store of value” will be bitcoin's biggest use case in the next five years, followed by payments network. Meanwhile, 30% of ...
- Bitcoin Association Sponsors Cambridge University Metanet Society
- To Advance Internet Future On Bitcoin SV. CAMBRIDGE, England, Oct. 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Bitcoin Association announces its title sponsorship of ...
- Bitcoin Bursts Above $8,600 As Crypto Whales Move Millions in BTC
Bitcoin is leading a crypto market surge, rallying 5.25% to $8,627, according to COIN360. Ethereum is up 6.88% at $192.32, XRP is up 1.89% at $0.2818, Bitcoin Cash is up 3.49% at $237.43 and Litecoin is up 3.90% at $59.34. As the price of Bitcoin pops, BTC whales are beginning to surface. In the last […]
- The US Government Tried To Shut Down Bitcoin
- Now, it's been revealed federal prosecutor-turned bitcoin and cryptocurrency expert Katie Haun was asked to look into "shutting down" bitcoin by her ...
- Bitcoin Ducks China Ban Through Binance via AliPay and WeChat Pay
According to Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao, investors in China can now purchase cryptocurrencies like bitcoin using local payment processors like AliPay and WeChant through Binance. YES https://t.co/dnHKQSLvS4 — CZ Binance (@cz_binance) October 9, 2019 The confirmation of AliPay and WeChat integration by Zhao comes a month after the announcement of Yi He, the co-founder of […]
- Bitcoin Jumps to 3-Week High Above $8600 as Fed Plans New Round of Reserve Increases
- The Fed's decision to expand its balance sheet is seen as a long-term positive development for bitcoin by crypto market experts. Short-term technical ...
- Bitcoin Jumps Past $8500, Marking Huge Gains
- At press time, bitcoin – the world's number one cryptocurrency – is trading for over $8,500. This marks a massive rise from yesterday, when the ...
- Bitcoin Trades Flat Even as Fed Signals Inflation-Boosting Balance Increase
- The Fed Reserve's decision to expand its balance sheet is seen as a long-term positive for bitcoin, but prices are yet to feel any effect.
- 2 Bitcoin Developers Explain How The Cryptocurrency Could Still Fail
- In a few months, it will have been eleven years since the Bitcoin network was launched by Satoshi Nakamoto. The fact that the digital cash system has ...
- Ripple CEO Warns U.S. Dollar at Risk of Being Displaced by China
As tensions continue to flare between the U.S. and China amid further trade war competitiveness, Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse has pitted the two superpowers against each other yet again, suggesting that America is falling behind China on crypto innovation. A ‘Call to Action’ China’s work on its central bank digital currency (CBDC) has stepped up […]
- Canada’s Blockchain Sector Wants Legal Clarity, New Report Shows
- A report from the Canadian Digital Chamber of Commerce compiles fresh data on Canada's blockchain industry – including some promising salary stats.
- Bitcoin's 'Never Look Back' Price Promises Steady Long-Term Gains
- Amongst the wide range of charts, models and tools to map and predict bitcoin price moves is one barely-noticed metric. But Timothy Peterson, of ...
- SEC rejects latest proposal to create bitcoin ETF
- Once again, the Securities and Exchange Commission has rejected a proposal to create a bitcoin-backed ETF. In a statement Wednesday, the SEC ...
- Grayscale Sees Continued Bitcoin Demand From Institutions
- Bitcoin has long been described as a movement to phase out institutions. But ironically, it is institutions that many cryptocurrency investors have ...
- US Lawmakers Call on Payment Giants to Exit ‘Chilling’ Libra Project
- Senators Brian Schatz and Sherrod Brown have called on Visa, Stripe, and MasterCard to reconsider their membership of the Libra Association.
- Bitcoin runs higher today. Toying with a close above the 200 day MA.
- The price of Bitcoin moved above the 100 and 200 hour MAs on Monday and although the price did not race higher, the price did not move lower ...
- YouNow Sees Strong Revenue Growth After SEC Approves Token Distribution
- "The SEC allows me to say that you have a potential upside in this network," said YouNow CEO Adi Sideman.
- WATCH: What Drove Bitcoin Price Up Today? We Explore the Pop
- The price of Bitcoin (BTC) jumped 5.1 percent on Wednesday – its highest point in two weeks. The price rise comes after the Federal Reserve (Fed) ...
- Binance CEO Confirms Chinese Crypto-Fiat On-ramps
Despite a crypto ban in China, citizens are still hungry for digital assets and companies around the world are seeking ways to facilitate trading for the burgeoning population. One of the world’s largest exchanges has just confirmed new fiat on-ramps for two of China’s largest ecommerce and social media payments platforms. Buy Crypto With WeChat...
- German Programmer 'Hacks Back' After Bitcoin Ransomware Attack
- German programmer Tobias Frömel (aka “battleck”) has “hacked back” the perpetrators of the Muhstik ransomware who forced him to pay 0.09 Bitcoin ...
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to Testify Before Congress Over Libra Crypto
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg will defend Libra before U.S. lawmakers later this month.
- Bitcoin rallies 5 percent as crypto markets surge
- Bitcoin is up 5 percent on the day, as the number one cryptocurrency by market capitalization gained over $6 billion in market cap to reach its current ...
- Mercado Libre Starts Accepting Payment in Bitcoin in Brazil
- Brazilians can now pay in Bitcoin for the goods they purchase through Latin American e-commerce site Mercado Libre. The online retailer has ...
- SEC in Settlement Talks With ‘Fraudulent’ ICO Organizer Reg Middleton
- Middleton organized the unregistered $14.8 million Veritaseum (VERI) initial coin offering, and is further accused of market manipulation post-ICO.
- Bitcoin Big Move Off The Low - Potential Cryptocurrency Alt Coin Day [Video]
- A look at rally in Bitcoin and wat it means for the alt coins. Nictrades shows you the total market cap and what it means for Waves, OMG and ZIL Zilliqa ...
- Bitcoin Outperformed: Altober Continues as Altcoins Show Upsurge
Bitcoin has started once again trading sideways after a breakdown from its previous trading range, and when Bitcoin trades sideways, altcoins often get their time to shine. Thus far in October, altcoins have outperformed Bitcoin by a wide margin, and according to crypto analysts, the surge in alts could last all month long and have...
- Security Token Firm Taps German Developer’s $7 Billion Property Pipeline
- Fundament landed German real estate giant Bauwens as a strategic investor with its $7 billion of projects to boost its asset-tokenization business.
- Is bitcoin on the brink of COLLAPSE?
- Again, this could be a clear signal that beleaguered bitcoin is hopelessly dad-dancing its way across the trapdoor, eyes closed and obliviously tuned ...
- Who Are the Biggest Bitcoin HODLers?
- It will probably come as no surprise to hear that exchanges are the biggest Bitcoin HODLers. 6.7% of the current circulation (some $9.8 billion) is held ...
- Bitcoin Jumps 4.87%, But Short-Term Downtrend in Dominance Remains
- Bitcoin is up about 4.87% from the previous day, putting its price at $8,245.82 US dollars at the time of this writing. The up day for Bitcoin yesterday ...
- Bitcoin Price: Reclaiming Important Moving Average Could Lead to Retest of Highs
- Since the start of the week, Bitcoin price has rallied from a retest of lows around $7,700 to $8,700 – gaining over $1,000 in value during the short ...
- Bored Bitcoin Traders Pump Binance Coin (BNB) by 11%
- Binance Coin (BNB) was trading in an extremely positive zone on Wednesday as its top rival bitcoin kept underplaying investors' bullish expectations.
- Bank of England Sets Out Rules for Libra Launch in the UK
- The central bank has finalized principles the Facebook-led cryptocurrency project must adopt before a U.K. launch.
- Pro-Crypto Billionaire Tim Draper Says Bitcoin Will Be Faster Than Visa, Banks and Governments Losing Control of Currency
Billionaire venture capitalist Tim Draper says governments, banks and payment giants like Visa need to figure out how they’re going to deal with Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. In a new interview on YouTube channel Simulation, Draper talks about the origins of money and why he believes Bitcoin is poised to trigger a currency revolution. “Most currencies […]
- IRS's New Cryptocurrency Rules Create 'Messy' Problems for Industry
- For the first time since 2014, the Internal Revenue Service on Wednesday offered formal guidance on cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin—and not everyone ...
- Bitcoin Consolidates as Analysts Expect Multiple Altcoins to Surge
- Bitcoin has once again found support around $8,200 after the upwards momentum it garnered from its recent dip into the $7,000 region faltered.
- Bitcoin Eyes Price Rally as Fed Announces Pseudo-QE
- Bitcoin is about to become a hot asset as the US central bank goes ahead with its pseudo-quantitative easing program, believes a few bigwigs.
- SEC Rejects Bitwise's Latest Bitcoin ETF Proposal
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has rejected the latest attempt at creating a bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF). The SEC ...
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple's XRP Roar Back with Solid Price Gains. Here's What Top Traders Have ...
- The cryptocurrency market is finally getting back on its feet after a massive flash crash that took place on Sept. 24. According to data provided by ...
- Bitcoin Correction Bottom Target Is $6000, Coincides With Production Cost
- Bitcoin's parabolic rally of 2019 is now a thing of the past, and what lies ahead is anyone's best guess. Crypto analysts are divided, with some calling a ...
- Virginia Beach bitcoin mining company ordered to liquidate
- BCause Mining LLC, the bitcoin mining operation that filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy a year after it received a grant worth up to $500,000 from the city ...
- New Libra Fork Will Create Permissionless Stablecoin Free of Corporate Control
- Thirty blockchain companies and nonprofit organizations plan to fork the Facebook-led Libra cryptocurrency to build an open alternative.
- Bitcoin Players Seek Exit From Market 'Hijacking' Suit
- Law360 (October 9, 2019, 7:13 PM EDT) -- Several prominent players in the Bitcoin Cash cryptocurrency network urged a Florida federal court ...
- Crypto Market And Bitcoin Struggle Continues: BCH, Litecoin, EOS, XLM Analysis
- Bitcoin (BTC) and the crypto market cap are struggling to gain bullish momentum. Ethereum (ETH), LTC, ripple, bitcoin cash, EOS, TRX, and stellar are ...
- The IRS Just Issued Its First Cryptocurrency Tax Guidance in 5 Years
- For the first time since 2014, the IRS is detailing how it will tax cryptocurrency holdings. Here's what you need to know.
- Moving Averages Suggest That Bitcoin Is Bottoming, Claims Analyst
- Until now, there have been three major Bitcoin corrections. They began in June 2011, November 2013, and December 2017. Numerous ...
- At 13,000 Locations, Korea’s Largest Convenience Store Chain Will Accept Crypto
CU, the largest convenience store chain in South Korea with over 13,000 locations, will soon accept crypto. According to local reports and the statement of Terra’s co-founder Do Kwon, CU will integrate a payment system called Chai, which enables consumers to utilize a Korean won-backed stablecoin called Terra to transact. The stablecoin CU plans to […]
- Fundstrat’s Tom Lee Says Bitcoin (BTC) Heading to $20,000, Macro Economy to Play Crucial Role in Rise of Crypto
Fundstrat co-founder and head of research Tom Lee thinks it won’t take long for Bitcoin to return to its all-time high at around $20,000. In a new interview with Block in Press, Lee says the leading cryptocurrency has already proven its resilience. But in order to power the next bull run, Lee suggests the S&P 500 […]
- How Anti-Money-Laundering Rules Hinder Libra’s Mission to Reach the Unbanked
- A "step-ladder" approach to know-your-customer (KYC) rules could help the Libra stablecoin reach those disconnected from the financial system.
- Similarities Between LINK Price and Bitcoin Noted by Investor
- Chainlink is a well-known cryptocurrency that has been around since 2017. During the current bull market of 2019, it has been one of the higher risers, ...
- Crypto and Real Estate Were Built for One Another
- As the purchase of property has become possible with bitcoin, so has the wider potential of blockchain technology to transform the industry.
- How Do Bitcoin Trading Bots Initiate a Buy or Sell Signal?
- They are divided into pre- and post-breakout/breakdown techniques. While some traders use momentum indicators to identify moves before they ...
- Ethereum Was a Scam, Says Former Bitcoin Core Developer — Will Ethereum 2.0 Be Another?
- Peter Todd, a former Bitcoin Core developer, has struck out at Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin while calling Ethereum a scam. The developer has ...
- Bitcoin Daily: Tether's Parent Co. Hit With $1T Lawsuit; Nearly $10B In Bitcoin Held In Crypto ...
- In other news, $10 billion worth of bitcoin — or almost 7 percent — is currently held in the wallets of eight major cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Whale Moves 13180 BTC, Bitcoin Price Dump Incoming?
- A large-scale transaction was noticed on the Bitcoin blockchain, moving 13,180 BTC, worth above $108 million at current prices.
- Bitcoin Price Breakdown Possibility Noted by Cryptocurrency Pundit
- Throughout its history, the Bitcoin price has had numerous repetitive patterns. While they are not as easily identifiable in their early stages, they ...
- Bitcoin Association sponsors Cambridge University Metanet Society to advance internet future on ...
- Bitcoin Association announces its title sponsorship of the Cambridge University Metanet Society for the 2019-2020 academic year to support study ...
- Bitcoin Bounces Back From September Crash
- Bitcoin gained the most since before last month's flash crash, while Ethereum rallied even more as developers gathered at the biggest conference for ...
- Binance Now Accepting Fiat Through Alipay, WeChat
- The move opens the exchange to peer-to-peer (P2P) crypto transactions from China.
- Bitcoin price outlook shifts from “bullish to neutral” as geopolitical tensions simmer
- The summer of wild crypto price rallies is over, as Bitcoin and other assets succumb to the same “macroeconomic forces” that have sent global stocks ...
- LA Blockchain Week Kicks Off with Bitcoin Basics Brunch by The Rabbit Hole
- Event speakers will map out bitcoin's path of innovation, which like any new technology can be unpredictable. Stephen Cole of the OC Bitcoin Network ...
- Analysts Expect “Big” Bitcoin Price Moves Soon; Will Bulls Step In?
- While traders have made much ado about recent price action in the Bitcoin (BTC) market, volatility, in reality, has been extremely low; It's been over ...
- Swiss Central Bank to Explore Use of Digital Franc in Settling Trades
- Switzerland’s central bank and the SIX stock exchange will study using a central bank digital currency to settle trades of tokenized assets.
- How Traders Can Benefit From Bitcoin Derivatives With Continuous Settlement
- While most bitcoin perpetual contracts use funding payments to keep the price in line with the spot price, continuous settlement provides instant ...
- Is The Plunge In Cannabis And Bitcoin A Preview For US Stocks?
- It's just like bitcoin, which I warned against, but the crypto bulls are still waiting for it to go to $100,000. Instead, bitcoin may be on its way to eventual ...
- Two Analysts Claim Bitcoin Network Could Still Shatter
- At press time, bitcoin has jumped beyond $8,600, meaning the currency has incurred a $500 spike in the last 24 hours. Naturally, everything is looking ...
- MakerDAO’s Multi-Collateral DAI Token Is Launching Nov. 18
- From Nov. 18, borrowers of DAI tokens will be able to stake multiple types of cryptocurrency collateral, not just ETH.
- Banking Giant UBS Goes Live on We.Trade Blockchain for Trade Finance
- Swiss financial giant UBS has started full-fledged transactions on we.trade, a blockchain-based trade finance platform.
- There Aren't Nearly Enough Bitcoins to Cover These Countries' National Debts
- National debts have ballooned for most major countries in the past few years. To put that into a crypto-perspective, let's see how much that would be ...
- Bitcoin Has Potential to Boost Investment Portfolio Returns, VanEck Says
- Bitcoin is a great tool to diversify an investment portfolio, investment management firm VanEck concluded in a blog post.
- Bitcoin Price (BTC) Holding $8K and Likely To Bounce Back
- Bitcoin price formed a high near $8,348 and recently corrected lower against the US Dollar. The price is currently trading near the $8,120 level and it ...
- Bitcoin Forming Continuation Triangle From ATH, $50K+ Target
- Bitcoin loves to trade inside triangles. The leading crypto asset by market cap just broke down from a multi-month triangle and spent most of 2018 ...
- For Non-Profits Working With Facebook, Libra Isn’t Such a Crazy Idea
- If their missions aren't served by Libra, Women's World Banking and Mercy Corps say they'll let it be known – loudly.
- Sextortion scammers pivot from Bitcoin to Litecoin for better blackmailing
- Sextortion phishers are pivoting away from Bitcoin BTC to alternative cryptocurrencies to avoid being caught by email filters, ZDNet reports.
- Bitcoin.com Partners with Canadian Gaming Giant Bravio Tech on Global Lotteries
- Following on from its landmark partnership with HTC, Bitcoin.com has partnered with Canadian gaming and lottery giant Bravio Technologies.
- UNICEF Guarantees Zero Fiat-Conversion for Your Crypto Donations
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) has become the first UN agency to receive, hold and disburse aid in crypto. While the phrase ‘accepting cryptocurrency’ has become code for merely allowing payments or donations to be made in crypto while receiving dollars or other fiat currencies, contributions made to UNICEF will be held as […]
- Virginia bitcoin mining operation told to liquidate assets
- VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — A bitcoin mining operation that filed for bankruptcy one year after receiving nearly $500,000 from the city of Virginia ...
- Bitcoin price prediction: BTC/USD bears stay in control for the second day in a row, as price trends ...
- Bitcoin faces resistance at $8,230, according to the daily confluence detector. The daily confluence detector shows us that there is a prominent support ...
- Bitcoin price prediction: BTC/USD upward progression remains restrained – Confluence Detector
- Bitcoin bears have continued to push the price lower for the second day in a row. The selloffs witnessed have seen the price dive from levels above ...
- Social Indicator: Bitcoin Price May Soon Surge Higher From $8,000
On Monday, the Bitcoin price spiked out of nowhere, reclaiming $8,350 in a jaw-dropping 6% rally after a precipitous drop to $7,800. While the bullish price action has decisively ended, with BTC falling back to $8,100 as of the time of writing this, indicators abound have shown that cryptocurrencies may continue to recover in the...
- BitCoin ATM phone scam costly for Yorkville resident
- Bitcoin, according to bitcoin.org, is an online, decentralized cryptocurrency with no central bank or authority. The management of transactions and ...
- Vanguard Developing Blockchain Platform for $6 Trillion Forex Market
- Mutual fund giant Vanguard has partnered with Nasdaq Ventures-backed blockchain startup Symbiont to develop a currency trading platform.
- Bitcoin Directionless as Trade Tensions Ramp Up Before Talks
An unch bitcoin struggled to find its next direction on Wednesday as investors placed their sentiments behind global stocks. The benchmark cryptocurrency surged by a minor 0.07 percent to trade at $8,185.34 – as of 11:24 UTC. Earlier today, it had established a daily session high of $8,245 but corrected after the European session open....
598664 at 23:56
598663 at 23:49
598662 at 23:41
598661 at 23:36
598660 at 23:23
598659 at 23:14
598658 at 23:11
598657 at 23:07
598656 at 22:49
598655 at 22:48
598654 at 22:33
598653 at 22:24
598652 at 22:16
598651 at 21:55
598650 at 21:53
598649 at 21:40
598648 at 21:37
598647 at 21:22
598646 at 21:22
598645 at 21:21
598644 at 21:00
598643 at 20:58
598642 at 20:50
598641 at 20:45
598640 at 20:45
598639 at 20:41
598638 at 20:36
598637 at 20:31
598636 at 20:28
598635 at 20:18
598634 at 19:43
598633 at 19:37
598632 at 19:29
598631 at 19:28
598630 at 19:27
598629 at 18:46
598628 at 18:41
598627 at 18:30
598626 at 18:17
598625 at 18:12
598624 at 17:25
598623 at 17:05
598622 at 16:45
598621 at 16:39
598620 at 16:38
598619 at 16:29
598618 at 16:27
598617 at 16:16
598616 at 16:05
598615 at 15:32
598614 at 15:27
598613 at 15:25
598612 at 15:19
598611 at 15:16
598610 at 15:16
598609 at 14:55
598608 at 14:37
598607 at 14:13
598606 at 14:05
598605 at 13:28
598604 at 12:53
598603 at 12:48
598602 at 12:46
598601 at 12:13
598600 at 12:07
598599 at 12:01
598598 at 11:56
598597 at 10:56
598596 at 10:53
598595 at 10:07
598594 at 09:49
598593 at 09:48
598592 at 09:46
598591 at 09:45
598590 at 09:43
598589 at 09:42
598588 at 09:33
598587 at 09:29
598586 at 09:26
598585 at 08:55
598584 at 08:49
598583 at 08:49
598582 at 08:48
598581 at 08:40
598580 at 08:35
598579 at 08:20
598578 at 08:13
598577 at 08:11
598576 at 08:02
598575 at 07:21
598574 at 07:20
598573 at 06:56
598572 at 06:56
598571 at 06:52
598570 at 06:36
598569 at 06:33
598568 at 06:26
598567 at 06:18
598566 at 06:08
598565 at 05:54
598564 at 05:53
598563 at 05:52
598562 at 05:49
598561 at 05:38
598560 at 05:35
598559 at 05:34
598558 at 05:27
598557 at 04:54
598556 at 04:48
598555 at 04:42
598554 at 04:39
598553 at 04:33
598552 at 03:57
598551 at 03:45
598550 at 03:40
598549 at 03:28
598548 at 03:14
598547 at 02:55
598546 at 02:53
598545 at 02:32
598544 at 02:11
598543 at 02:08
598542 at 01:58
598541 at 01:36
598540 at 00:55
598539 at 00:55
598538 at 00:54
598537 at 00:51
598536 at 00:51
598535 at 00:29
598534 at 00:23
598533 at 00:23
598532 at 00:18
598531 at 00:16
598530 at 00:13
598529 at 00:11
598528 at 00:09
598527 at 00:05