Closing price: $8272.395 Powered by Coindesk
- Is Bitcoin a Safe Haven Like Gold? These Four Charts Say Not Yet
- Market movements show us that bitcoin is not generally accepted as a safe-haven investment.
- VanEck: Bitcoin improves portfolio upside, potential as “digital gold”
- Released Wednesday by the New York-based firm, “The Investment Case for Bitcoin” outlines an exhaustive list of reasons why Bitcoin deserves a ...
- Bitcoin Cash – ABC, Litecoin and Ripple Daily Analysis – 11/10/19
- Bitcoin Cash ABC slid by 3.75% on Thursday. Reversing a 2.98% gain from Wednesday, Bitcoin Cash ABC ended the day at $230.99. A bearish start ...
- Thieves Swipe Money from Bitcoin ATM in Montgomery Village
- Montgomery County police are asking for the public's help to identify two people who pried open a bitcoin ATM at a gas station in Montgomery Village ...
- Ethereum (ETH) Signaling Bullish Continuation, Bitcoin Holding Support
- Ethereum price is trading above key supports versus the US Dollar and bitcoin. ETH price must stay above $185 to continue higher towards $200 in ...
- Bitcoin forecast: BTC bulls trapped below SMA200 daily
- Bitcoin bulls have had a short glimpse of victory only to suffer a bitter disappointment this week. While bears gave away some ground and allowed the ...
- Bitcoin Drops as Investors See Optimistic Signs on Trade Deal
- Bitcoin struggled to maintain gains on Friday as investors processed the possibility of an optimistic trade deal and Brexit. The benchmark ...
- Bitcoin Whale Sells $9.7 Million Worth of XBT Contracts On BitMEX
- This morning, a Bitcoin whale sold $9,708,970 worth of XBT contracts on the BitMEX exchange. In the early hours of Oct 11, the BTC was sold at a ...
- Antonopoulos: Google's 'Quantum Supremacy' Has No Impact on Bitcoin
- Bitcoin (BTC) has “zip” to fear from the latest advances in quantum computing from Google, one of the industry's best-known figures has confirmed.
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Dives $500 But Holding Key Support
- Bitcoin price climbed to $8,950, but failed to continue higher against the US Dollar. The price is down around $500, but it is holding the key $8,400 and ...
- If Bitcoin-Avocado Price Correlation Continues, BTC May Be Toast
Bitcoin’s status as an uncorrelated asset is about to be revoked, as a scarily close relationship to the price of avocados implies that the digital currency may be about to fall off a cliff. The Bitcoin-Avocado Connection Bitcoin’s performance of late has left a little to be desired, and strangely so has the price of […]
- Bitcoin Price May Have Begun 50% Surge to $12000: Analyst
- On Friday morning, the Bitcoin market was subject to a bout of immense volatility, throwing off bulls. As reported by NewsBTC previously, the price of ...
- Crypto Market Cap And Bitcoin Could Rally: BCH, LTC, EOS, ADA Analysis
- The crypto market cap is showing positive signs along with bitcoin and Ethereum (ETH). Altcoins such as ripple, litecoin, BCH, EOS, tron (TRX), and ...
- Bitcoin Price Pumps to $8,800, Plunges by 5% in Rapid Succession
Well, would you look at that — within the span of literally an hour, the Bitcoin price surged to $8,820 to dump to $8,350 just minutes later. The range of this move is nearly $500 — some 5.2% at current price points. The chart below from TradingView sums up the absolutely absurd bout of volatility...
- ‘Members’ of OpenLibra Disavow Project Days After Its Devcon Unveiling
- The creator of an "open" alternative to Facebook's Libra stablecoin misrepresented which parties are involved in the project, CoinDesk has learned.
- Facebook’s Calibra Sued by Mobile Banking App Over Similar Logos
- The complaint alleges the Calibra logo is too similar to Current’s, which the fintech firm has been using since August 2016.
- Visa, Mastercard, eBay, Stripe Follow PayPal in Quitting Facebook’s Libra Project
- Visa, Mastercard, eBay, Stripe, Mercado Pago and PayPal have all withdrawn from the Libra Association now.
- Chill, Everyone. Google’s ‘Quantum Supremacy’ Has “Bupkis” on Bitcoin
It’s safe to come out now, says Andreas Antonopoulos, the threat posed to bitcoin by Google’s newfound “quantum supremacy” is “zip, bupkis nada.” In one of his typical Q&A sessions, blockchain expert and author, Antonopoulos shared his thoughts on the supposed jeopardy BTC faces from Google. Spoiler alert: he isn’t concerned. According to Antonopoulos, Google’s […]
- Realmx Video Game Officially Launches on Bitcoin Cash
- During the first week of August, the development team Block Hop announced a sandbox video game called Realmx that's fueled by bitcoin cash.
- 5200 French Tobacconists Will Sell Bitcoin at 5% Premium, Once Again
French company Keplerk has confirmed that consumers will once again be able to buy Bitcoin at one of more than 5200 tobacconists countrywide. According to a press release, customers can only purchase Bitcoin coupons in flavors of €50, €100, or €250. Cryptocurrency remains a technical beast for many French citizens who have little knowledge about […]
- Send Bitcoin and Other Crypto To Uncensorable, Personalized Domain Addresses
- Cryptography consists of studying, developing, and practicing techniques for securing data from third-parties. The practice led to Bitcoin and other ...
- Bitcoin price analysis: BTC/USD consolidating in a flag pattern
- Bitcoin price hovers above $8,500. This follows the extension of a lower leg from highs marginally above $8,700. The price action from levels roughly ...
- Non-Seizability of Bitcoin Very Attractive for Hong Kong: Pompliano
- Bitcoin's (BTC) use as a protector of wealth is coming to the fore in Hong Kong as trading volumes spike and businesses iron out problems with ...
- New App Bottle Pay for 'Sending Bitcoin via Social Media' Raises $2M
- A U.K. tech firm has raised a £1.6 million ($2 million) investment for an app that allows users to send Bitcoin (BTC) using their social media accounts.
- The IRS Will Now Ask if You Own Crypto in the Most Widely Used US Tax Form
- The IRS has updated the main form filled out by individual U.S. taxpayers every year to include a question about cryptocurrencies.
- French Billionaire Says Crypto Asset Libra Is Unstoppable
French billionaire Xavier Niel says the Facebook-led stablecoin Libra will exist along with thousands of other digital assets in the crypto market. Niel is the founder and majority shareholder of the French internet service provider Iliad. In a new article at Les Echos, he says, “Libra will exist along with the 1,600 other virtual currencies […]
- Bitcoin (BTC) Looking to Retest the Crucial $8000 Price Level
- The Bitcoin bulls were strongly rejected from the 26-period EMA at $8,779 and the price dropped down below the 12-period EMA, currently trading at ...
- Bitcoin can't close above 200 day MA.
- The price of bitcoin on Coinbase closed below its 200 day MA on September 26. Since then, the price has waffled back and forth with a low of $7701 ...
- Supply Shock: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Correlation to Avocado Market Goes Viral
Crypto traders are analyzing a lighthearted look at Bitcoin’s correlation with the price of Hass avocados. In a viral tweet, Bloomberg finance journalist Tracy Alloway pits BTC against the price of the popular fruit over the last year. My proprietary avocado-based quant model says Bitcoin has further to fall. pic.twitter.com/jnzg05SDMt — Tracy Alloway (@tracyalloway) October […]
- Traditional Financial Exchanges Oppose UK Crypto Derivatives Ban for Retail Investors
- The World Federation of Exchanges asked the UK's Financial Conduct Authority not to ban the sale of crypto derivatives to retail investors.
- Ripple Invests $750,000 to Bring XRP to Crypto Wallet BRD
- Mobile wallet provider BRD plans to add XRP support to its iOS and Android apps.
- tZERO-Backed Startup Seeks SEC Approval to Launch Security Token Market
- A firm part-owned by Overstock’s tZERO is seeking regulatory approval to launch one of the first markets for publicly traded, registered security tokens.
- Bitcoin Looking to be Sent Back Down After Breakout Attempt - OKEx Price Analysis
- OKEx's exchange token has held up pretty well during the Q3 season of correction. It took only a modest hit during Bitcoin's breakdown in late ...
- At Devcon, Bitcoin Developer Amir Taaki Foresees a 'DarkTech Renaissance'
- Nobody in the cryptocurrency space is thinking big enough. That was the message from bitcoin developer and former Kurdish YPG militia member ...
- 5200 Tobacco Shops in France Now Sell Bitcoin
- Bitcoin can now be purchased at 5,200 tobacco shops in France. Fintech startup Keplerk launched the service on Oct. 10 after halting it for many ...
- Crypto Trader Predicts That Bitcoin Price Could Drop to $1400 Based on Elliott Wave Theory
- Stock market and Forex trader Alessio Rastani, who also dabbles with the mercurial Bitcoin market, forecasts that the BTC price could drop to as low ...
- TOP 3 Price Predictions: BTC, ETH, XRP — Bitcoin Suddenly Dropped. How Top Coins Should ...
- Yesterday Bitcoin reached $8,800 on some exchanges, however, that was a false breakdown. As it usually happens, the top coins followed the price ...
- CNBC’s Brian Kelly Shrugs Off Bitcoin ETF, Says CFTC Announcement on Ethereum Is Huge for Crypto
Another day, another Bitcoin ETF rejection. The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission refused what would have been the first fully regulated Bitcoin exchange-traded fund. The rule change proposal submitted by Bitwise Asset Management and NYSE Arca ultimately failed to satisfy the SEC’s concerns about cryptocurrency and systemic market manipulation. In the wake of the latest […]
- Bitcoin Miners Drove Price Volatility In 2018 Bear Market, Says New Data
- Bitcoin miners are behind spikes in price volatility which saw the largest cryptocurrency hit $3100 in 2018, new data suggests.
- Price Analysis 11/10: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, TRX
- The wait for a Bitcoin (BTC) exchange-traded fund got a bit longer as the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) shot down the ...
- The Bitcoin futures commitment of traders (CoT) report does not read well for the bulls
- The CoT report this week does not make for good reading for the bulls this week. The bears have increase their shorts more in the asset managers pile ...
- Andreas Antonopoulos Analyzes Google’s Quantum Supremacy Threat to Bitcoin (BTC) and Crypto
Bitcoin and blockchain expert Andreas Antonopoulos isn’t buying into the fear, uncertainty and doubt over Google’s “quantum supremacy.” Google has reportedly built a quantum computer that can process certain calculations faster than any other computer on earth. The breakthrough triggered concerns of a hypothetical device powerful enough to crack modern forms of encryption – spelling […]
- Australia’s Gold Mint Is Backing a Crypto Token Based on Ethereum
- The government-owned Perth Mint is backing a new digital token aimed to allow investors to trade and settle gold in real time.
- Crypto Analyst: Bitcoin Continues To Follow Bear Market Bottom Fractal
- After Bitcoin price broke down from its multi-month triangle formation, the entire crypto market is watching, waiting, and wondering where the bottom of ...
- Bitcoin No Longer Seen as the Driving Force in Crypto Market
- Bitcoin has plunged more than 30% since hitting a year-to-date high. That fact is clear, but explaining why the world's largest digital currency has lost ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Is Heading to $100,000 or Zero – and Hesitant Traders May Miss the Boat, Says Crypto Analyst
Clem Chambers, market analyst and CEO of global finance tracker ADVFN, believes the crypto industry is still searching for its “killer app.” He says anything can happen to Bitcoin in its quest to become a leading form of digital money and a store of value – and at this point BTC will either shoot to […]
- Bitcoin Will Trade in a Range Throughout October, Claims Cryptocurrency Trader
- Range trading occurs when the price of an asset consistently trades inside the confines of a high and low price. The highs and lows act as resistance ...
- French tobacconists once again sell Bitcoin coupons
- French convenience stores can once again sell coupons that can be redeemed for Bitcoin, according to French news outlet BFM Tech yesterday.
- Bitcoin review: How this VC investor went from crypto investigator to fund manager
- Among the top headlines from this week: A feature from CNBC detailing how federal prosecutor Katie Haun became 'the face of crypto investing.' ...
- Trade Finance Blockchain Marco Polo Pilots First Russia-Germany Transactions
- Marco Polo, the trade finance blockchain with over 20 global banks on board, is piloting its first trading arrangement between Germany and Russia.
- Bitcoin Fails at Key Price Hurdle, Risks Return to $8000
- Bitcoin is facing further losses after the bulls failed to capitalize on price gains seen this week. The cryptocurrency's quick pullback from a 2.5-week ...
- If Bitcoin Fails, Crypto Industry in for a Bad Time: Cardano Founder
- Ethereum (ETH) co-founder turned Cardano (ADA) creator Charles Hoskinson believes that if Bitcoin (BTC) fails, the entire cryptocurrency industry ...
- Bitcoin price prediction: BTC/USD can re-enter the $9000-zone after overcoming resistance at $8 ...
- BTC/USD has gone down from $8,589 to $8,560 so far today. The bulls and bears canceled each other out this Thursday as the price trended ...
- Bullish Cross on Daily MACD Points to $12K Bitcoin in November
- Following a continued downtrend and recent lows around $7,700 being defended by bulls, Bitcoin price is currently trading at $8,300 after a surge to ...
- SEC, CFTC, FinCEN Warn Crypto Industry to Follow US Banking Laws
- The heads of three U.S. financial regulators warned the crypto industry to abide by banking laws in a joint statement published Friday.
- Miners May Be Perpetuating Bitcoin Volatility as Analysts Anticipate Significant Drop
- After finding some stability following its bullish upwards movement earlier this week, Bitcoin's momentum has faltered and is showing bearish signs ...
- Bravio lets you play lotteries using Bitcoin
- Bitcoin.com announced Wednesday a partnership with the Canadian gaming and lottery company Bravio Technologies to upload Bitcoin and Bitcoin ...
- Bitcoin Halving 2020 Spells Doom for Older Mining Rigs
- With a little over six months left until the next Bitcoin halving, the mining rig industry is busting a gut to meet changing demands. This applies to Bitmain ...
- Why French Lender SocGen Issued a $110 Million Ethereum Bond to Itself
- Societe Generale has no plans to resell its $110 million ethereum bond, but future blockchain trials will involve external investors, an exec said.
- Bitcoin (BTC) in tactical retreat before another attempt to break above SMA200 daily
- Bitcoin (BTC) bulls engineers a nice recovery off the recent lows; however, SMA200 (Simple Moving Average) on a daily chart remains unconquered ...
- Top Coins Continue to Decline, Bitcoin Drops to $8300 Threshold
- The top cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC) is trading at around $8,355, having lost 2% on the day at press time. The majority of the decline took place over a ...
- VanEck: 4 Reasons Why Bitcoin Improves Investment Portfolio Upside
- Major United States investment management firm VanEck has listed four reasons why Bitcoin (BTC) improves an investment portfolio upside. On Oct. 8 ...
- Russia’s Central Bank Savagely Dismisses ‘Obvious’ National Cryptocurrency
The Russian Central Bank has never been a fan of cryptocurrencies. Central bank governor Elvira Nabiullina has adopted a hardline stance against cryptocurrencies in Russia, so her latest statement regarding the fate of a national cryptocurrency in the country doesn’t come across as a surprise. Russian central bank head disses cryptocurrencies, again Russian news outlet […]
- Hong Kong Recession Pushing More Citizens Towards Bitcoin – Fact or Hype?
- As Hong Kong stares into what appears to be a major economic crisis in the making, a sizeable chunk of the population may be counting on Bitcoin to ...
- The 'real' bitcoin market might not be real, and is still prone to manipulation: a look at SEC's ...
- For starters, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has never approved one before, so Bitwise's bitcoin ETF application being accepted ...
- Bitcoin is Riskier for Retail Investors: Fidelity VP
- The bitcoin market is 90 percent retail-based. And that makes Fidelity Investments nervous about its very-own digital currency offerings, says the ...
- 2 Key Indicators Show ETH, BNB Could Rally as Bitcoin Price Eyes $9K
- As 2019 nears its end, Bitcoin price (BTC) looks back on an overall positive year. Crypto's largest asset rose from $3,330 to $13,880 in the first half of ...
- Bitcoin breaks over $8800, but the bears respond “not today”
- An hour later, Bitcoin bears counterattacked, pushing the token down and closing the next candle below $8,500. That move canceled not only the ...
- Identity Thief Spends $5 Million on Cloud Computing to Mine Cryptocurrency
- Singaporean citizen Ho Jun Jia has been indicted for stealing over $5 million worth of cloud computing services to mine cryptocurrencies.
- Crypto industry shrugs off latest Bitcoin ETF rejection
- The SEC on Wednesday rejected another Bitcoin ETF proposal, quashing hopes for the debut of an ETF linked to the cryptocurrency this year.
- TRON, Stellar Join Mousebelt’s Blockchain Education Alliance to Train Student Developers
- The 13-firm alliance will tackle crypto recruiters' quandary with a raft of tools to train students.
- Bitcoin Price Hits $8.8K Only to Crash in a 'Logistical Move' — Analyst
- The enthusiasm was short-lived, with the following crash taking the pair below its previous levels. Daily losses for Bitcoin totaled 2.3% at press time, ...
- Yearly Bitcoin Price Similarities Noticed by Cryptocurrency Enthusiast
- Fractals are recurring patterns in which a price acts in a similar way as it did in a previous instance. While these movements are not identical and often ...
- More Whales Are Hoarding Bitcoin After Accumulating During Bear Market
- A new data set has emerged that shows the growth in Bitcoin addresses holding more than 1000 BTC, and it is currently experiencing a new high ...
- Bitcoin, Etheruem, XRP, and Litecoin could be preparing for a bloody weekend
- In the last five days Bitcoin surged over 13 percent from a low of $7,790 on Oct. 7 to a high of $8,815 on Oct. 11. This $1,025 movement was seen by ...
- SEC Halts Telegram’s $1.7 Billion ‘Unlawful’ Token Issuance
- The SEC has secured an emergency restraining order against Telegram's $1.7 billion token sale and issuance.
- Bank of America Is Now Hiring in Blockchain, Not Just Filing Patents
- Bank of America has begun hiring for blockchain positions, the first indicator that the bank plans to do much else with the tech besides filing patents.
- Chinese Banking Giant CCB Expands Blockchain Platform as Volume Breaks $53 Billion
- Chinese banking giant CCB has expanded its trade finance blockchain platform with cross-chain and inter-bank transactions.
- Bitcoin Cash down almost 3%, leading market losses
- Despite an impressive start to the week, Bitcoin Cash has once again slipped into the red—falling to its lowest value in four days and losing much of its ...
- RockItCoin Installs Its 200th Bitcoin Kiosk in Partnership with the Blockchain Institute
- CHICAGO, Oct. 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- RockItCoin, one of the nation's largest bitcoin kiosk operators, partnered with the Blockchain Institute to ...
- Draper-Backed Startup Launches .Crypto Domains on Ethereum
- Unstoppable Domains, which builds domains on blockchains, has just launched a .crypto extension that can replace public crypto addresses.
598982 at 23:59
598981 at 23:52
598980 at 23:39
598979 at 23:29
598978 at 23:16
598977 at 22:49
598976 at 22:49
598975 at 22:37
598974 at 22:29
598973 at 22:27
598972 at 22:14
598971 at 22:04
598970 at 22:02
598969 at 22:01
598968 at 21:56
598967 at 21:47
598966 at 21:40
598965 at 21:40
598964 at 21:35
598963 at 21:33
598962 at 21:26
598961 at 21:14
598960 at 20:50
598959 at 20:49
598958 at 20:40
598957 at 20:09
598956 at 19:38
598955 at 18:51
598954 at 18:51
598953 at 18:19
598952 at 18:15
598951 at 18:15
598950 at 18:14
598949 at 18:09
598948 at 18:02
598947 at 17:25
598946 at 16:46
598945 at 16:37
598944 at 16:18
598943 at 16:01
598942 at 15:51
598941 at 15:46
598940 at 15:43
598939 at 15:39
598938 at 15:29
598937 at 15:27
598936 at 15:15
598935 at 15:04
598934 at 15:03
598933 at 15:03
598932 at 14:48
598931 at 14:44
598930 at 14:39
598929 at 14:28
598928 at 14:25
598927 at 14:06
598926 at 13:59
598925 at 13:53
598924 at 13:53
598923 at 13:50
598922 at 13:46
598921 at 13:44
598920 at 13:39
598919 at 13:36
598918 at 13:12
598917 at 13:08
598916 at 13:00
598915 at 12:57
598914 at 12:53
598913 at 12:50
598912 at 12:40
598911 at 12:40
598910 at 12:34
598909 at 12:28
598908 at 12:14
598907 at 12:14
598906 at 12:06
598905 at 11:48
598904 at 11:43
598903 at 11:10
598902 at 10:43
598901 at 10:31
598900 at 10:23
598899 at 10:14
598898 at 10:08
598897 at 10:07
598896 at 09:41
598895 at 09:38
598894 at 09:26
598893 at 09:14
598892 at 09:13
598891 at 09:00
598890 at 08:52
598889 at 08:39
598888 at 08:37
598887 at 08:35
598886 at 08:20
598885 at 08:19
598884 at 08:14
598883 at 08:09
598882 at 08:03
598881 at 08:02
598880 at 07:49
598879 at 07:48
598878 at 07:39
598877 at 07:39
598876 at 07:37
598875 at 07:32
598874 at 07:03
598873 at 06:37
598872 at 06:07
598871 at 05:47
598870 at 05:39
598869 at 05:36
598868 at 05:23
598867 at 05:16
598866 at 05:02
598865 at 04:48
598864 at 04:43
598863 at 04:39
598862 at 04:26
598861 at 04:25
598860 at 04:21
598859 at 04:00
598858 at 03:51
598857 at 03:27
598856 at 03:21
598855 at 03:07
598854 at 03:06
598853 at 03:03
598852 at 02:56
598851 at 02:52
598850 at 02:49
598849 at 02:44
598848 at 02:34
598847 at 02:33
598846 at 02:18
598845 at 02:07
598844 at 02:07
598843 at 01:57
598842 at 01:53
598841 at 01:48
598840 at 01:32
598839 at 01:31
598838 at 01:28
598837 at 01:27
598836 at 01:27
598835 at 01:23
598834 at 01:22
598833 at 01:10
598832 at 01:00
598831 at 00:55
598830 at 00:33
598829 at 00:14
598828 at 00:13
598827 at 00:12