Closing price: $8034.545 Powered by Coindesk
- Banks At Risk of Extinction Shows Why The World Needs Bitcoin
- Bitcoin was designed to remove the monopoly banks have over the world's wealth and put the control back into the hands of individuals, among many ...
- Bitcoin Price Turns Boring Again as Traders Consider Chances of $8.5K
- Bitcoin seven-day price chart. Source: Coin360. Bitcoin has remained quiet since the start of the weekend, when markets managed to exit the $7,000 ...
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Eyeing Another Leg Higher To $8500
- Bitcoin price is attempting another upward move above $8,300 against the US Dollar. It seems like BTC price could soon revisit the key $8,400 and ...
- US Lawmaker Introduces Bill Classifying Stablecoins as Securities
- A draft bill published Tuesday would regulate stablecoins under the Securities Act of 1933.
- 'No Borders' — Alistair Milne Sends Bitcoin Instead of $2.6K Gold Bar
- Bitcoin (BTC) investor Alistair Milne was eventually forced to send Bitcoin instead of a $2,600 gold bar as part of his recent giveaway. Following a ...
- Opera Browser Adds Bitcoin Payments to Android Update
- The enhanced crypto functionality will let Opera for android users make bitcoin payments from its built-in digital wallet and interact with dapps on TRON.
- Bitcoin Speculators Gain Upper Hand as Derivative Trading Surges
- As Bitcoin becomes boring for many in the get-rich-quick crowd with volatility ebbing, trading in derivatives of the largest cryptocurrency is exploding.
- Chilean ATMs Reportedly Locked As State of Emergency Declared — This Is Why Bitcoin
- One of the main arguments in favor of Bitcoin, and cryptocurrencies, in general, is that they allow users to 'be their own bank.' In fact, there seems to be ...
- Crypto Trader Slams Critic Peter Schiff as Bitcoin Outshines Gold by 83,300%
Peter Schiff is not afraid to make extremely bearish calls on bitcoin. It appears that the chairman of SchiffGold sees the cryptocurrency as a competitor of gold. Recently, the gold bug took to Twitter to share his gloom and doom prediction on bitcoin. The Crypto Twitter (CT) community was quick to respond to Schiff’s ultra […]
- Bitcoin Supporter Kim Dotcom Says Crypto Is True Financial Freedom, Calls Global Economy a ‘House of Cards’
In a new episode of Ivan on Tech, Kim Dotcom, internet entrepreneur and founder of Megaupload, the controversial online services provider for file storage and viewing, recounts how the United States Department of Justice shut down his operations in 2012. In the year following the initial raid on his office, the New Zealand resident relaunched […]
- Zuckerberg to Tell Congress: Libra Can Fix ‘Failing’ Financial System
- Facebook's CEO released his written testimony a day before his scheduled appearance before the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Telegram Backer Sought Circle Listing Before SEC Halted Token Launch
- A backer of Telegram's blockchain project asked Circle's Poloniex exchange to list the gram token before the SEC halted issuance, court papers show.
- Blockstream CEO Adam Back: How Bitcoin Sidechains Could Destroy Altcoins
Early cryptocurrency developer and British cryptography expert Adam Back has been speaking at the Transylvania Crypto Conference about Bitcoin sidechains. The basic premise is that this additional functionality could render many of the altcoins simply unnecessary. Bitcoin Sidechains The Future It has been five years today since the original whitepaper on Bitcoin sidechains was released....
- 4 Cryptocurrency Projects That Successfully Changed Blockchains
- Pokkst is one developer who did just that, porting all of his work from Bitcoin Core to Bitcoin Cash, including his non-custodial wallet Crescent Cash.
- Bitcoin IRA Is Letting Customers Lend Out Their Crypto Retirement Funds
- Bitcoin IRA will soon allow customers to lend their retirement assets for interest. The firm, which provides digital asset individual retirement accounts ...
- Crypto Visualized: Watch the Fall of Poloniex And Rise of Binance
Last week, crypto exchange Poloniex was “spun out” from the Goldman Sachs-backed Circle into its own, international brand, highlighting a lack of interest in the digital asset trading platform. A new data visualization is making way across the web, shows how Poloniex has fallen from grace over the last 5 years, and how during this...
- Opera now allows Bitcoin payments via its browser for its 350 million users
- Web browser Opera detailed the launch of their new feature allowing Bitcoin payments to be made. Additionally, it has enabled for a Bitcoin (BTC) and ...
- UK Govt Official Swats Question on Proposed Crypto Derivatives Ban
The decision over whether to ban the sale of crypto derivative products to retail customers in the UK will be determined solely by the financial regulator. This was the message delivered by Economic Secretary to the Treasury, John Glen, in an answer to a question posed by the Member of Parliament for Shipley, Philip Davies. […]
- A form of offline payments is being developed for Bitcoin's Lightning Network
- Lightning Rod, a new offline-style payments protocol for the Bitcoin Lightning Network, will enable users to make Lightning payments to a payee ...
- Traders Beware: Indicator Signals Massive Bitcoin Volatility is Inbound
- Bitcoin (BTC) has been caught in the throes of consolidation for the past several weeks and months, and it has failed to garner any momentum in ...
- Facebook’s Marcus Says China Wins With Digital Renminbi if US Nixes Libra
- David Marcus, who leads the Libra project, said China will create a digital currency system that could be entirely out of reach for U.S. authorities.
- Bitcoin critic Peter Schiff explained why BTC may collapse to $2000
- The financial expert and vocal Bitcoin critic Pitter Schiff believe that Bitcoin's technical picture is horrible as the bear flag formation point to a potential ...
- Billionaire Bitcoin Bull Backs Fight Against Chinese Monopoly on BTC Mining
- A long-time Bitcoin bull with around $2.3 billion in net worth, Peter Thiel, is a good ally to have on your side if you plan on challenging China's ...
- Crypto Market Cap And Bitcoin Climb Higher: BCH, BSV, BNB, ADA Analysis
- The crypto market cap and bitcoin could climb higher, while BSV and BCH are surging. Ethereum, cardano (ADA), BSV, EOS, and ripple remains well ...
- Scientists propose a new way to build a scalable, low-energy Bitcoin
- A new study by a team of research scientists claims to have cracked Bitcoin's scalability problem. And it does it by eliminating the need for consensus ...
- Why Bear Market Ethereum Futures Are a Better Bet That Bitcoin's
- “Bitcoin futures launched at the 'EXACT' pinnacle of the bull market, a huge investment vehicle for those looking to short the market as it was clearly ...
- Trading Expert Explains Why Bitcoin Price Could Soon Experience Major Volatile Move
- Cryptocurrency trader Josh Rager suggests that the days of relative stability in the Bitcoin market might be coming to a close. In his recent tweet, ...
- Bitcoin Price Volatility Approaches as Bulls Try to Outclass Bears
- Bitcoin has found itself stuck yet again. As of the time of writing this, the cryptocurrency is trading at $8,230, which is a price that implies BTC is down a ...
- Why This Bitcoin Price to $1000 Prediction is Incredibly Unlikely
- Bitcoin (BTC) has an almost 11-year history, and its price has always surprised by moves in either direction. But a slide back below $1,000 is at the far ...
- Bitcoin P2P Trading Volume in China Explodes Past All-Time High
- Peer-to-peer trading platform Paxful has seen a surge in its trading volume for Bitcoin (BTC) against the Chinese yuan. It posted a new all-time high ...
- Crypto Price Analysis & Overview: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Monero, Beam
- Against Bitcoin, the upward trend hasn't been tested at the 200MA at 3900 SAT. If this resistance breaks, the next one is expected at 4400 SAT.
- Bitcoin to Beat Banks as Half Predicted to Collapse in Economic Downturn
- It has been suggested by consultancy firm McKinsey & Co. that half of the world's banks are too weak to survive an economic downturn and that steps ...
- Ripple Boosts Blockchain Advocacy Efforts With DC Office
- Ripple has opened a new D.C. office and expanded its regulatory team as it seeks to better educate policymakers on blockchain tech.
- Bitcoin Futures: Institutional Long Positions Value Doubled in October
- One class of investors has more than doubled the value of the long positions it holds in Bitcoin (BTC) futures contracts this month.
- Top-20 Coins Trade Sideways, Bitcoin Trades Around $8200
- Monday, Oct. 21 — After turning green earlier in the day, cryptocurrency markets have been trading sideways, with Bitcoin (BTC) continuing to hover ...
- WATCH: Ava Blockchain Founder Plans to Launch in December
- The Ava blockchain should launch later this year, said founder Emin Gün Sirer.
- Algorand Wins Sharia Compliance Certificate to Enter $70 Billion Market
- A sharia certification could open up the platform to a global network of observant Islamic investors estimated to be worth more than $70 billion.
- FinCEN Director Warns of ‘Hard Time’ for Crypto Firms That Don’t Follow Law
- There is no ambiguity: crypto startups must follow U.S. AML laws or suffer the consequences, said FinCEN's Kenneth Bianco.
- When Will Bitcoin Sidechains Send Ethereum, Ripple, And Other Crypto Prices To Zero?
- Tomorrow, it will have been exactly five years since a new Bitcoin technology known as sidechains was announced to the general public by way of a ...
- Bitcoin Analysis for 2019-10-22 [Premium]
- Bitcoin is trading inside a descending wedge. It has been trading without significant volatility for the past three weeks. In a long-term view, we believe ...
- Why Bitmain Is Building the World's Largest Bitcoin Mine in Rural Texas
- Bitmain, the world's largest maker of bitcoin-mining computers, chose an old Alcoa aluminum-smelting plant in Rockdale, Texas, for a new bitcoin ...
- Trump Administration Popped 2017 Bitcoin Bubble, Ex-CFTC Chair Says
- SAN FRANCISCO — The Trump administration acted to deflate the bitcoin bubble of 2017 by allowing the introduction of futures products, a former ...
- Bitcoin Holds Gains against Trade Deal Hopes, Brexit Uncertainty
- Bitcoin was maintaining its weekend gains on Tuesday as investors assess positive outcomes from the ongoing US-China trade talks but remained ...
- Bitcoin Narrative Strengthens As “Fake” Gold Spreads
- Bitcoin has been called many things over the years. One of its latest titles is “gold killer.” Case in point, Grayscale Investments earlier this year unveiled ...
- Flaws in LocalBitcoins Data Call Into Question Regional Adoption Claims
- LocalBitcoins data is a starting point for research, but it isn't conclusive evidence of grassroots adoption.
- Facebook Risks Banking Ties Over Libra Concerns, Says ING Exec
- ING CEO Ralph Hamers said Libra could make it difficult for banks to accept or keep the project's creator as a client.
- Monero more dangerous than Bitcoin, says German Finance Ministry
- So-called privacy cryptocurrencies such as Monero are more likely to be used for illegal activities than Bitcoin, according to a report published on ...
- Bitcoin.com Launches HashRace Promotion to Maximize Miners' Profits
- JAPAN, TOKYO, October 21, 2019 — Bitcoin.com, the world's leading resource for cryptocurrency-related products and news, has launched the ...
- Pension Funds Put $50 Million Into Morgan Creek’s New Blockchain Fund
- Morgan Creek Digital raised the first $50 million for its second venture capital fund from the same two large institutional investors in its first.
- Fiat-to-Crypto ‘Carry Trade’ May Tempt Traders Tired of Negative Interest Rates
- In the era of negative rates, return-hungry investors may increasingly borrow in low-interest fiat and invest in higher-yielding crypto accounts.
- Bitcoin Daily: Moon Browser Allows Use Of Bitcoin For Amazon Purchases; Bitcoin Price Swings ...
- New York-based startup Moon will allow customers to pay for their Amazon purchases with bitcoin via the Lightning Network, bitcoin, Litecoin or Ether.
- Safe Haven Spotlight on Bitcoin As US Senator Slams China, Says He Doesn’t Believe a Trade Deal Will Ever Happen
If US Senator Rick Scott is right, trade tensions between the US and China will continue for the foreseeable future. The ongoing trade war has already bolstered the Bitcoin safe-haven narrative with the world’s two largest economies battling for supremacy and causing uncertainty. Scott says Americans need to stop buying Chinese products. In an appearance […]
- Bitcoin Whale Drains Crypto Wallet in Huge 12,474 BTC Transfer – Plus Ripple, XRP, Ethereum, Tron, IOST
From a giant Bitcoin whale sighting to the battle for decentralized app supremacy, here’s a look at some of the stories breaking in the world of crypto. Bitcoin An anonymous Bitcoin whale just moved a colossal amount of crypto – draining a wallet in a matter of minutes. The whale sent a total of three […]
- New York’s Financial Regulator Is Reviewing the Controversial BitLicense
- The New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) is revisiting how it licenses crypto startups.
- Zuckerberg’s Congressional Testimony Includes Zero References to Crypto or Bitcoin
CEO Mark Zuckerberg will be the next Facebook executive to face a bipartisan grilling when he testifies before the US House Committee on Financial Services tomorrow. The committee published a transcript of Zuckerberg’s prepared testimony ahead of the hearing, and there was one thing noticeably absent from his statement: any reference to bitcoin, cryptocurrency, or […]
- Prominent Analyst Believes Bitcoin is Ready to Target Higher Prices
- After incurring an influx of buying pressure yesterday, Bitcoin has been able to sustain its upwards momentum and has not faced any notable retrace ...
- Bitcoin May Rise Toward $8800, Short-Term Cross Indicates
- A widely tracked short-term bitcoin price indicator has turned bullish, strengthening the case for a test of key resistance above $8,800.
- Bitcoin’s Biggest Cheerleader Outs Himself as Alien Conspiracy Theorist
Anthony ‘Pomp’ Pompliano, the man who can take any news – no matter what the context – and spin it in a positive light for bitcoin, has put his preferred subject to bed in favor of a more otherworldly topic. According to Pomp, the next guest on his podcast will be a notable alien researcher […]
- Bitcoin.com Acquires Japanese Blockchain Developer 03 Labs
- The deal, which closed recently for an undisclosed sum, will see O3 Labs’ eight-person developer team integrate into Bitcoin.com.
- Latest Bitcoin Cash price and analysis (BCH to USD)
- At the time of writing, Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is trading at around $233. Even though last week the altcoin was showing signs of a further drop, BCH ...
- Adam Back: Creating Altcoins More Attractive Than Building on Bitcoin
- Bitcoin (BTC) technology pioneer Adam Back explained at the Transylvania Crypto Conference that there's a greater financial incentive to creating ...
- Casa Is Helping Bitcoin Investors Pass on Their Holdings When They Die
- If you passed away tomorrow, would your loved ones be able to access your bitcoin holdings? That's a concern addressed by a new service from ...
- Opera adds Bitcoin support to its Android crypto wallet
- Opera has officially added Bitcoin support to its Android browser app, nearly a year after it first introduced a built-in crypto wallet. This means that ...
- Opera Continues Bullish Crypto Mainstream Drive With Bitcoin Payments
Browser minnow Opera is ramping up cryptocurrency support for Android users in version 54, which has just been released on Tuesday. Among a host of other cosmetic improvements and a new UI, this latest release improves upon the current crypto wallet with support for both Bitcoin and Tron payments. Ethereum has been the staple payment […]
600614 at 23:51
600613 at 23:46
600612 at 23:43
600611 at 23:31
600610 at 23:30
600609 at 23:29
600608 at 23:17
600607 at 23:13
600606 at 23:09
600605 at 22:59
600604 at 22:57
600603 at 22:57
600602 at 22:43
600601 at 22:41
600600 at 22:18
600599 at 22:16
600598 at 22:14
600597 at 22:10
600596 at 22:04
600595 at 22:02
600594 at 21:52
600593 at 21:41
600592 at 21:41
600591 at 21:30
600590 at 21:30
600589 at 21:30
600588 at 21:24
600587 at 21:10
600586 at 20:50
600585 at 20:42
600584 at 20:38
600583 at 20:22
600582 at 20:18
600581 at 20:16
600580 at 20:13
600579 at 20:08
600578 at 19:30
600577 at 19:26
600576 at 19:25
600575 at 19:22
600574 at 19:20
600573 at 19:09
600572 at 19:07
600571 at 19:00
600570 at 19:00
600569 at 18:56
600568 at 18:42
600567 at 18:32
600566 at 18:21
600565 at 18:13
600564 at 17:58
600563 at 17:52
600562 at 17:35
600561 at 17:12
600560 at 17:11
600559 at 16:53
600558 at 16:45
600557 at 16:42
600556 at 16:41
600555 at 16:31
600554 at 16:28
600553 at 16:20
600552 at 16:18
600551 at 16:03
600550 at 15:54
600549 at 15:52
600548 at 15:51
600547 at 15:43
600546 at 15:28
600545 at 15:23
600544 at 15:19
600543 at 14:53
600542 at 14:33
600541 at 14:30
600540 at 14:22
600539 at 14:04
600538 at 13:54
600537 at 13:25
600536 at 13:16
600535 at 13:15
600534 at 13:15
600533 at 13:03
600532 at 13:03
600531 at 12:39
600530 at 12:33
600529 at 12:24
600528 at 12:19
600527 at 11:58
600526 at 11:56
600525 at 11:52
600524 at 11:47
600523 at 11:46
600522 at 11:42
600521 at 11:42
600520 at 11:42
600519 at 11:32
600518 at 11:15
600517 at 11:13
600516 at 10:51
600515 at 10:47
600514 at 10:35
600513 at 10:05
600512 at 10:03
600511 at 09:44
600510 at 09:35
600509 at 09:12
600508 at 08:40
600507 at 08:31
600506 at 07:46
600505 at 07:34
600504 at 07:31
600503 at 07:30
600502 at 07:05
600501 at 07:02
600500 at 07:02
600499 at 06:59
600498 at 06:34
600497 at 06:31
600496 at 06:29
600495 at 06:18
600494 at 06:06
600493 at 06:03
600492 at 06:01
600491 at 05:51
600490 at 05:45
600489 at 05:44
600488 at 05:30
600487 at 05:09
600486 at 05:06
600485 at 05:03
600484 at 04:57
600483 at 04:54
600482 at 04:50
600481 at 04:48
600480 at 04:44
600479 at 04:42
600478 at 04:32
600477 at 04:30
600476 at 04:21
600475 at 04:06
600474 at 03:59
600473 at 03:42
600472 at 03:40
600471 at 03:32
600470 at 03:32
600469 at 03:31
600468 at 03:27
600467 at 03:24
600466 at 03:24
600465 at 03:17
600464 at 02:57
600463 at 02:50
600462 at 02:46
600461 at 02:27
600460 at 02:24
600459 at 02:16
600458 at 02:06
600457 at 02:04
600456 at 02:03
600455 at 01:50
600454 at 01:33
600453 at 01:11
600452 at 01:05
600451 at 01:04
600450 at 01:00
600449 at 00:48
600448 at 00:27
600447 at 00:26
600446 at 00:19